October Community Day Tips

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 874 admin
in Community Day #1 latest comment 21 October, 2019, 12:22 am.

Hi everyone! Our next Community Day is just around the corner and, as always, I thought it would be fun to gather together some tips to prepare us for the event. Reminder: this event will be Saturday, October 19th, 11am - 2pm during your local time. This is different from how Community Days were scheduled before, so please take note of this. 

⚡️ First of all, players who wish to conserve data as they play, download all assets to your phone while connected to wi-fi. App update 2.5.0 just came out and this includes a lot of new assets ⚡️

To prep for the start of the event, try and have 6 Barrufio’s Brain Elixirs and 6 Tonic for Trace Detections available to maximize gameplay and XP rewarded during the three hours. This Community Day will be brimming with Oddities, and these Oddities will give 3X Wizarding XP! Always be using a Brain Elixir and Tonic to truly make the most of this! PS: Looking for those rare Tonic for Trace Detection ingredients? Unlock any leftover 3km Brilliant Portkeys to find them!

On top of that, brew time for Barrufio’s Brain Elixir has been reduced to 30 minutes AND Master Notes will be 50% more effective! Therefore, on top of having brewed potions ready to consume during the event, be sure to stock up on Leaping Toadstool, Frog Brain, Runespoor Eggs, and Powdered Dragon Claw and keep your Cauldron queue open. During this event, a speedy Potions master will be able to brew up to 12 Barrufio’s Brain Elixirs and even more if they use the Rental Cauldron!

Now, back to our favorite topic: Oddities! This event, we will specifically be seeing an increase in Werewolves, Vampires, and Doxies. In addition, the Tonic for Trace Detection will bring players even more of these typically rare Oddities. For those of you working on the SOS task list researching Oddities with Constance Pickering, this day is perfect for you! Personally, I’m excited to tackle all those Werewolves! 

Another great point that I was reminded of by our amazing Community members is that these events are always very fun if you play in a group. Check out our Community Map to find local players. Find a great group of Aurors, Magizoologists, and Professors and work together to defeat those high-level Fortress Chambers. During Community Day, some Werewolves, Vampires, and Doxies may leave you with a Dark Arts Runestone. Don’t use these yet, you will want to save them up for our Halloween Event 🎃

As always, remember to be respectful to others and your surroundings! Take care when playing outside, be sure to bring your reusable water bottle and take rest when needed. Look out for your fellow Witches and Wizards 💜

PS: Thank you to the lovely Community members who have been sharing awesome tips about Community Day, shoutout to @NursePoppy, @Ginnungagap, and @kiheikid who started a great conversation about tips on another thread!

Comments

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 605 admin
    edited October 2019 #218 October, 2019, 07:00 pm.

Thanks, @HPWULola!

Here are some Known Issues to be aware about during October Community Day:

Brew time text will not display the community day bonus from the Potions List

The brew time text on the Potions List will display the 8 hour brew time for Baruffio's Brain Elixir instead of the 30 minute brew time. Once the player queues the Brain Elixir to brew, they will see the 30 minute brew time.

Master Notes reduction text will display as 15% effective during community day

When Master Notes are applied to Baruffio's Brain Elixir, the Master Note reduction will display as 15% effective instead of 50%. When Master Notes are applied during community day, players will receive the 50% Master Note reduction to Baruffio's Brain Elixir.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #318 October, 2019, 07:43 pm.

Thanks for the mention @HPWULola !

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #418 October, 2019, 08:41 pm.

@HPWULola - mahalo for the nice shoutout; definitely nicer than ...

;-)

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #518 October, 2019, 08:58 pm.

@kiheikid Shoutouts are nice, is there something wrong with a winky face?

• evieeeviee Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #619 October, 2019, 03:04 am.

Also, it seems the stamina of these oddities have increased during this community day.

Unless I've just forgotten what their stamina was originally 😅

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #719 October, 2019, 03:20 am.

@eviee they’re definitely tougher from what I’ve seen online!!

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭
    #819 October, 2019, 04:32 am.

@eviee @dogbeans The oddities were no tougher to fight than normal so I didn't even notice a higher stamina on them.

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #919 October, 2019, 05:38 am.

Thanks for including me, @HPWULola !

I enjoy this forum very much. I hope all Witches and Wizards have a great Community Day.

Wizard on!

• KingZogKingZog Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #1019 October, 2019, 12:57 pm.

You missed the biggest tip for community day - whatever you do, don't be a Professor!

Those of you that haven't had your community day yet - all the community day oddities are at double stamina, you're going to burn through a lot more energy than you might have expected.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1119 October, 2019, 04:06 pm.

@WerewolfChaser i noticed the oddities were definitely harder to go down than usual- the doxies for instance were taking 2 shots instead of the normal just 1. The vampires & werewolves too- unless i caught them with a critical cast were taking up to 4 & sometimes 5 energy on the werewolf!!

So glad we changed our plans 4 venue once event started & we realised we would need access to a good few inns closeby!

Hope u had a successful day & sounds like u had a proper handle on those werewolves- true to your name lol! If you didn't notice a difference.

Wish i could say same- that vampire with all his faffing about could take ages sometimes!! 😂

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #1319 October, 2019, 08:32 pm.

One tip that would have been useful : Werewolves, Vampires and Doxies will have more stamina and require much more energy to defeat... Getting more XP is good, but that could have been a surprise, and a good one. Knowing that you're going to burn through Spell Energy if you hadn't planned to go get more is NOT a good surprise.

I would have hated being a low-level player with only the low amount of SE available. I'm at 145, and burned through most of that in less than an hour, with only one inn available (Weasley-style) on the walk, which only gave me 3 SE...

• SevenAgesOfManSevenAgesOfMan Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1419 October, 2019, 10:39 pm.

Got this pop-up 5 hours after the event ENDED. Fine since the game was crashing whenever I hsve tried to play, worse since the uodate.

• SevenAgesOfManSevenAgesOfMan Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1519 October, 2019, 10:39 pm.

• LadyRedIIILadyRedIII Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #1620 October, 2019, 01:21 am.

Had blast and actually met other local wizards (yay!). Leveled up several times and was able to place my werewolf, vamp, & doxy 😁 thanks for the event!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1720 October, 2019, 06:03 am.

i’m with you @DubiousAffairs

i too am a professor at 145 spell energy capacity

had to reload spell energy in two separate 20-minute sessions sucking spell energy through a very thin straw at inns - one of them had five bottles of 3SE pumpkin juice spinning around! at least the greenhouse a bit further away gave us the chance for a 4SE hit every once in a while.

was tempted briefly to spend precious gold on increasing spell energy capacity by another 10, until i realized that would have been fruitless given how little SE was available in the inns today — i had wasted so much time twice, first time just to get to 110, and second time to get to 85, that for awhile i was actually going backwards in spell energy sitting between a pink inn and a blue inn, because of werewolves and vampires i was returning in the 5 minute gaps between refueling on spell energy

what happened to including spell energy lightning bolts right on the map ?!?!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1921 October, 2019, 12:22 am.

@CeruleanGirl good point! Those seem so out of reach that I don’t look at them often, but yes! Thanks for pointing that out!