Masterful cast

RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 50 ✭✭
in App Feedback #1 latest comment 03 December, 2019, 06:14 pm.

It is not easy to cast a masterful.

Please consider giving masterful cast more credits. At least disable "whisked away".

Comments

• MuzdravMuzdrav Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #217 October, 2019, 06:02 am.

It is not that hard to cast masterful, just need practice.

But I agree it is a joke to always try casting masterfully, and when you do, then your trace flee like nothing happened. I can cast 10% of daily spells masterfully, it is not that much. It deserves success, when you get the casting right.

• FritLyreleafFritLyreleaf Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #317 October, 2019, 12:45 pm.

Really great for you that you get so many masterfuls, Muzdrav, must be lovely! I think, however, it is not simply a matter of practice for everyone, be it due to circumstances, surroundings, the device, your fine motor skills. In my case it's the latter and tremors. I can play, but masterful casts are merely occasional happy accidents. So I very well understand Relaxlah's disappointment when a foundable departs despite that rare, wonderful, masterful cast.

Methods to improve chances at a masterful cast that I have come across so far do require practice and a steady hand, or even more elusive for me, TWO steady hands, or... trying to think if the English wore for "sjablonen"... uhm... templates or stencils? I was very interested in that but I'm already scared to drop my phone so I don't think that, in my case, it would be very wise to add a keyring of stencils to what I'm carrying around, let al9ne having to fumble with it as well to get to the right one... think I'll just resign myself to having only the occasional masterful cast and being very happy when the foundable in question doesn't depart in spite of it.

I would love to know if anyone knows of something besides dawdle draught to increase the chances of not losing a foundable with a masterful cast?

Also, has anyone else ever had a foundable resist a great, masterful and again a great cast, only to then be caught by a fair one? That one was mind boggling!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #420 October, 2019, 05:47 pm.

Exstimulo potion can almost guarantee success on those hard to find low or medium threats, @FritLyreleaf . I still had a Moon Calf depart on me a few minutes ago though, even with exstimulo potion, but I think it was due to GPS drift. (shakes fist at sky)

It feels frustrating and entirely random at times, but it most definitely isn't. Anyone who is curious enough to track their spell casts and success rates ends up finding that it matches up pretty closely to the base/max effective rates for each threat level, which improve with every five player levels.

The success rates vastly outnumber those annoying instances when we're left staring at the "whisked away" message. Unfortunately though, it's those frustrating encounters that are the most memorable, so our perception ends up being that the failed encounters occur far more often than they really do.

This post explains the effective rates in a little more detail:

• FritLyreleafFritLyreleaf Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #524 October, 2019, 06:25 pm.

@Acumen Thank you, I should have mentioned I already use Exstimulos on harder to find traces, to increase my chances as well as to potentially reduce the needed SE as I can rarely get to inns except when finally able to get to a city or larger town. I had no idea gps drift influenced the succesrate. I thought if you've started an encounter, it doesn't matter if you keep moving, or your gps drifts.

I'll look at the advised post, I'm very interested in how to improve and streamlime gameplay, mainly in order to maximize SE en EXP efficiency. Advice is very welcome.

Thank you!

• StoppeStoppe Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #602 December, 2019, 04:27 am.

I'm having trouble getting any of the several threats I try use potions etc I always fail I havent got a single one....just want to ask for advice cheat idk help so I can do it thanks

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    #702 December, 2019, 07:44 am.

Since getting my new phone, I have only managed one masterful cast. I have no idea how you are all getting so many! It is impossible for me, except occasionally on aguamenti.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    #802 December, 2019, 08:17 am.

@Magpie31 - aguamenti is definitely one of the easiest glyphs to trace a masterful spellcast (in my opinion). here is a tip for the flippendo glyph that i hope will be helpful to you:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/17575#Comment_17575

#902 December, 2019, 08:29 am.

Thanks @kiheikid I look forward to giving it a try. I just picked up an extravagant spell energy gift with your name on it for tomorrow!

#1002 December, 2019, 08:58 am.

@Magpie31 - you are most kind; mahalo; hope the square root trick brings you success - but practice, practice, practice 🤙🏼

#1102 December, 2019, 01:45 pm.

@kiheikid Turns out I could send it today! And thank you - I will practise. I am in no real hurry to get that masterful achievement. I am more worried about elite foes and strategic spells which get me red books!

edited December 2 #1202 December, 2019, 06:03 pm.

@Magpie31 - have you heard of this trick to get 15 red books by temporarily switching from professor to auror when casting those strategic spells?

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/14501#Comment_14501

auror strategic spells by transferring focus with no wait in between is much faster than professor strategic spells by casting healing charms with 5 second wait in between. BUT this auror trick requires TWO aurors passing focus (hint, take 1 or 2 strong invigoration draughts to have multiple focus available) back and forth between themselves. once you earn the red books as an auror, switch back to professor so you can spend them on your professor skill tree.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1402 December, 2019, 09:06 pm.

Nice @MrSciGuy !

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #1503 December, 2019, 05:48 pm.

@FritLyreleaf I feel you on the hand tremors. Same.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    #1603 December, 2019, 06:14 pm.

Finally cast my first masterful since leveling up past 30! It feels like there was a tweak of expectations in experience, which is all understandable, until you factor in people who just aren't able to go faster with their casting, or increase proficiency because of disabilities. So for now it looks like my mastful casts will be "accidents" of the game and get put in the same category as my ability to walk off 1000k, reachable in about 10 years.