Game Update: 2.5.0 Release Notes

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 795 admin
edited October 2019 in Announcements #1 latest comment 25 November, 2019, 04:01 pm.

Hi Everyone!

We have updated Harry Potter: Wizards Unite to app version 2.5.0. Here are the details.

Upcoming Events: 

10/19: October Community Day ⚡️

10/22 - 10/29: Fighting Forces Brilliant Part 2 Event 😈

10/31: Halloween Event 🎃

Updates

New Wizarding Challenges Loading Experience ⏳️

We have added a new Chamber Lobby experience. When you join a Chamber with other players, you can now tap ‘Ready’ to let your teammates know that you are ready to join the fight! When all teammates have indicated that they are ready, the countdown clock will drop to zero and you will be let into the Chamber. While battling in a Chamber solo, players can fast forward the countdown clock by tapping ‘Start’ in the Chamber Lobby.

More Spell Energy at Greenhouses 🌱

Greenhouses will now always provide players with Spell Energy. We have also increased the amount of Spell Energy that Greenhouses can grant.

New Photo Mode experience 📷️

Players can now take AR photos with the Golden Snitch. 

Better indication when Dawdle Draught prevents fleeing

Dawdle Draught is used to prevent encounters from fleeing. Now, when an encounter attempts to flee while this Potion is active, a “departure denied” notification will pop up.

Ministry ID Portrait Item Organization 👑

Filters and Items representing different Hogwarts Houses will now be grouped together. Click on the Gryffindor filter to expand the menu and see filters for all four houses. Items rewarded from special events will also be grouped together. 

Option to Download Smaller Asset File 📲

The option to ‘Download Essential Assets’ has been added to the settings menu. This is ideal for players who want to gain the benefits of preloading the assets but don’t have the storage available on their devices for the full asset download. Choosing this option will download only a selected amount of game assets ahead of time; you will not download encounter data until you enter the encounter.

Etc 🔴

We have removed the persistent red dot notification from the “Download All Asset” section in Settings.  

Bug Fixes

Registry Pages: 

• Fixed an issue where app freezes when Family rank levels up

Potions: 

• Fixed an issue with Potion Brewing Queue slots disappearing after collecting a Potion and immediately attempting to brew another Potion

Achievements:

• Fixed an issue with the “Friends Listed 1: Have 1 Friend in Your Friends List” Achievement not appearing completed immediately after getting the Achievement

Ministry ID: 

• Fixed an issue with a player’s Portrait becoming inverted when taking a photo in the Ministry ID

Known Issues

Wizarding Challenges

• Players may not be able to re-enter a Wizarding Challenge if they are kicked out due to a connection issue.
  • Foes may appear to receive Stamina or have negative Stamina after being attacked or defeated.
  •  Aurors do not receive Focus when they use the Bat-Bogey Hex to defeat a Foe.

Registry 

• Foundables that are not from Encounters can sometimes have a high Seen number, even if they are not Seen in Encounters 
  • Foundables in Photo Mode may flip around when a player taps on the Foundable to reposition

General: 

• Player may receive an error if they attempt to add an emoji to their Codename or to their First/Last Name (Ministry ID Name)
  • Android Only: Players get stuck on loading screen when trying to log into the game with a Google account, after creating a Kid’s Account 
Post edited by hpwulola on

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #215 October, 2019, 10:15 pm.

@HPWULola thank you! I know lots of people will be excited for some of these updates and fixes. I do have a question though:

Etc 

We have removed the red dot notification from the “Download All Asset” section in Settings.

So if we have new assets to download, we won't actually know it because the red dot will be gone? Am I understanding this correctly?

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #315 October, 2019, 10:17 pm.

@HPWULola thank you for the updates. 😊

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #415 October, 2019, 10:28 pm.

If I have already downloaded all assets but would like to free up space and just utilize the essential assets, what is the best way to go about that?

And is the purpose of downloading assets to reduce data consumption? I’m honestly not quite sure.

#515 October, 2019, 10:33 pm.

@MrSciGuy I don't know the answer to your first question, but for the second, yes, that's my understanding. It reduces data consumption and speeds up the game.

#615 October, 2019, 10:42 pm.

Oh also, I don't see this in the Apple app store yet. Just in case someone else is looking for it.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 795 admin
    #715 October, 2019, 10:54 pm.

@Dogoutlaw Oops, meant to clarify that it is the persistent red dot notification that we removed!

@MrSciGuy You can delete and redownload the app and this option will be available. And yes, your assessment is correct! Downloading assets will reduce data consumption in the future.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #815 October, 2019, 11:00 pm.

@HPWULola this looks like a great release! I'm also really to see those bugs now listed as known issues. I've worked around the bat bogey hex by not using it, but I lost another lvl 5 rune today from that pesky tower bug.

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #916 October, 2019, 12:18 am.

Great update team!

Have a greenhouse nearby and it doesn't seem that useless any more! Got 3 energy just now but need to find out the range of SE they will provide.

I guess there are few quality of life improvements as well. Noticed deleting ingredients is easier now because instead of manage and delete, we directly have a delete button. Let's see what other good stuff is there in this update!

• Lovethisman2Lovethisman2 Posts: 1
    #1016 October, 2019, 12:52 am.

Are Samsung Phones safe to install 2.5.0 or is there still an issue?

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1116 October, 2019, 01:39 am.

Wow wow wow. Thank you

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1216 October, 2019, 02:18 am.

Oh wait what dawdle draft STOPS departing now?!

😫 I've emptied all those potion ingredients because I didn't use it.

I need a bigger ingredient and potions vault.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1316 October, 2019, 04:27 am.

@Owlx it doesn't sound like dawdle draught will actually work differently, I think it will now let you know when it DOES work. This way people will be able to make an informed decision about the value of this potion instead of the "I used this once and something still fled" kind of stories.

• GuscarbatoGuscarbato Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1416 October, 2019, 05:28 am.

Hi. I don't see how to skip the timer playing solo in Chambers 🧐🤷🏻‍♂️

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #1516 October, 2019, 05:41 am.

IOS 13 no longer has an Update tab on App Store and automatic updates don’t happen immediately

To check you have the latest HPWU version:

Open App Store

Click on your icon in top right hand corner

Refresh the screen by pulling page down so the twirling circle appears

You may need to exit App Store and start again as screen may hang

Check HPWU icon appears and allows manual update - there should be a button

Edit - Don’t forget your download assets!

• Tangogirl2019Tangogirl2019 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1616 October, 2019, 05:51 am.

I don't think I saw the start button on IOS tonight after updating.

#1716 October, 2019, 06:20 am.

I didn’t either, but assumed it was because I hadn’t downloaded assets. I did see a little feather looking symbol next to the runestones, and there was space to the right for the button tho. Will know for sure tomorrow.

Also, I was right about there being no red dot to notify of assets to download. I don’t like that at all. There should be a red dot until you look at downloading. Whether you download then, or wait til later, the red dot can go away. But doing away with it altogether doesn’t seem right.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1816 October, 2019, 06:20 am.

downloaded 2.5.0 and so far so good ... returned two oddities in a row (horned serpent, then leprechaun), each with proper rewards animation sequence ... opened portkey and after last wrackspurt, got proper rewards animation sequence ... have not ranked up yet in any family, so not yet able to test whether app freezes or not at 100/100 (but fingers crossed that it is also fixed)

i am cautiously optimistic

• WhaichiWhaichi Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1916 October, 2019, 07:08 am.

日本語でのアップデートの案内は、不完全な情報となっています。日本語での案内もより充実したものしてください。

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 59 ✭✭
    #2016 October, 2019, 07:58 am.

@Lovethisman2

I am playing with v2.5 from Samsung store. So far so good.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2116 October, 2019, 08:26 am.

Wow! Fantastic update, especially the greenhouses now gives us 2 of those & 6 inns on our route to top up energy yay. Was always a lotto b4.

Very excited for the rest of month events.

Did anyone else wake up this morn & think 'where are all the oddities!' Lol. I'd got really used to seeing them everywhere! This event/month is definitely the cherry at the top of this game so far!

#2216 October, 2019, 08:29 am.

Im afraid to download new version from play store on my samsung yet. Is that different to the samsung store? Or am i being really thick? Probably the latter! Il be a rebel & go for it....maybe....or not..I'm scared! 😂

• KingZogKingZog Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #2316 October, 2019, 08:47 am.

@HPWULola

Great work from the team, some really solid and much wished for QoL changes, and so far this is looking like a really solid update. Thank you!

However, that said:

The persistent red dot on profession is still there, but this isn't listed in known issues.

I (and many others) still can't open Portkeys at all. HPWUCasey reported this was "high on the radar" back in 20th August, but still no word, still not listed as an issue. I realise this isn't the simplest fix, but it would have been trivial to add a delete button for already unlocked portkeys. Without that simple fix, we are YET AGAIN utterly boned for the special tasks in part 2 of the Fighting Forces event, with only 1/4 of the quests achievable, and only 4 out of 15 RSBs available to us. This is really immensely disappointing.

• Ank0Ank0 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited October 2019 #2416 October, 2019, 10:52 am.

if you are on Samsung, do not install version 2.5.0 on your device. This will prevent you from loading the game.

Stay on version 2.4.0 or reinstall version 2.4.0.

but there is an update 2.5.0 for upcoming events what to do?

I can't delete my publication but I got the answer that everyone can update to 2.5.0

Have a nice day 😀

Post edited by Ank0 on
    #2516 October, 2019, 11:45 am.

@Ank0 i wish id seen your comment half hr ago! Lol

Aaarrrggghh!!!! I let my phone update & got locked out! Noooooo

My daughter said omg mum you're acting like the world has ended! I said ikr!! No kidding!!!

So i had to uninstall- heart palpitating throughout lol- found the samsung store-downloaded it from there & phew it let me in!

However- i had the dreaded red dot all over the place, profile pic & my username seem to have gone. I got rid of profile red dots. But the one on profession- cos I'm still needing to ask advice from the more experienced members on which skill i should use my green books on, so i wont use my scrolls and books yet- is still there. With the previous version this used to disappear once id looked at lessons i could do even if i didnt want to do those ones yet.

So now i have the dreaded red dot permanently on my suitcase at min. Nooooooo!!

Phew tho- all progress etc was safe through facebook link.

But that was scary- i shouldn't have ought to have done that!! Nope- i should not have done that 😂

• ImantasImantas Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #2616 October, 2019, 11:56 am.

🔴

#2716 October, 2019, 02:22 pm.

Oh my goodness @HPWULola ! So after the above, iv opened the 2.5 versin from the samsung store- it lets me in- so that's a blessing. But it crashes every 10min & every inn ive clicked on theres no swipe icon there so i can't get any energy. Its a nightmare! Nooooo!

Im going to see if can uninstall and go back to the 2.4 version somehow until the 2.5 version is working for samsung galaxy phones. Please could you let us know when its safe? Lol.

And also- do we need 2 5 version for Saturday & wk2 of the event? If i have to miss those I'll cry- honestly, I will, I'll cry!! Lol

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #2816 October, 2019, 03:32 pm.

Thanks, great update but still red dot on profession! :-(

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #2916 October, 2019, 04:47 pm.

Thank you @HPWULola fir the awesome update 👍🏼. I agree @Hoyot I too still see the red dot on profession, but I’m and still happy with all the rest.

• AdrabellaAdrabella Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #3016 October, 2019, 05:00 pm.

Updated to 2.5.0 on my Google pixel 2xl and my game has been freezes up when loading traces and challenge floors or kicks me out all together. Also, the button start floor with group doesn't show. As it is right now I can only play the game in my house. Tower is nowhere near me. This so bites!!!!!

• MagusAnimagusMagusAnimagus Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #3116 October, 2019, 05:34 pm.

Sitting out this update until somebody can confirm it's okay to download on Samsung devices... Meanwhile, getting super J of you guys who are seeing new stuff! 😩