SOS achievement

FaithnoelleFaithnoelle Posts: 9 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 26 March, 2020, 11:50 am.

I have 43 "friends" but none of them are near me let alone the same State/city. I cannot move past the requirement to fight with 3 friends at a fortress. I don't even know 3 people around me. I know pokemon players but none of them play Harry Potter. I also live in a rural area making it even more difficult. How is this fair?

Comments

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #214 October, 2019, 05:12 am.

I feel your pain. I am stuck at this SOS too.

A number of others have provided similar feedbacks in other tracks. Hopefully HPWU will someday soon decides to change this SOS.

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #315 October, 2019, 04:52 am.

My pain too. So...

Hey Niantic,

Can you please

1, Either introduce alternate tasks for solo players?

(I don't care if it reasonably would cost the double or triple of the original task, but please make it doable for solo players.)

2. Or introduce skippable tasks

(E.g. all the three tasks go bust, we can't get the main reward, but at least we can progress towards)

Thanks.

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #418 October, 2019, 08:14 pm.

SPOILER ALERT

There is no other quest after this. End of chapter 1. So no point "skipping" it at the moment.

Given it took 1 year for gen 2 to be released in pogo, I don't expect new sos missions to be released until ~6 months time. You have until then to complete it. Like visiting those said friends in major towns. Or putting up posters in community centres about organizing groups.

• LeaderofthedaLeaderoftheda Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #519 October, 2019, 02:24 am.

I agree, delete this task and replace it. Can't find anyone in the area that plays, it's not fair.

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    #621 October, 2019, 04:36 pm.

Thanks to Community Day I finally got all my doxy droppings and made it to this task, but I've more chance of finding a real doxy than I have of finding three other players!

So yes, please come up with a solo alternative.

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #721 October, 2019, 04:39 pm.

Alternatively, please implement something that lets you join a random group with players at a fortress anywhere in the world! (i.e one player in the UK, one in France, etc)

• DesiredChaosDesiredChaos Posts: 1
    #826 March, 2020, 06:08 am.

due to the situation with the corona virus- I am unable to get 3 friends to meet at a fortress. Can Niantic change this please?!