Switching Professions

CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 09 November, 2019, 01:36 pm.

I did a search of the forums for basic info and I think I understand the mechanics of switching professions. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

If you switch professions, it doesn’t affect the progress you have made in the first one, correct?

I am considering doing some lessons in another profession since I have so many scrolls and still need to earn lots of spell books and restricted books to go with them. Is there any reason to do that, or would it just be a waste of scrolls?

Opinions and advice are welcome! Thanks!

Comments

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    #213 October, 2019, 11:35 am.

You're correct that switching won't affect your progress in your first profession.

As far as whether or not you should, there's no right answer. There's been some discussion on here about it. Some people have done what you're suggesting and moved into other professions to use up excess scrolls. Some people have observed that we don't know what will happen when new lesson plans are released, so they're holding their scrolls in case we need a lot for the new lessons.

Personally, I'm more in the latter camp. I don't see the benefit of starting a second profession so I'm keeping my scrolls, just in case. In the end, just do it the way that makes you happy.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #313 October, 2019, 03:56 pm.

What @MtPollux said basically :3

I for one did start working on magizoo as a second option, but I don’t use any of the green/red books on it. Just scrolls. That made me feel safest about the switch, but to be honest, I don’t fight the fortress as a magizoo, so it’s also a little useless right now.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    #413 October, 2019, 06:41 pm.

Just be forewarned that you may receive the permadot on professions again with starting a new path

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #513 October, 2019, 08:18 pm.

I have that red dot all the time anyway. I think it's been there for weeks, even though I don't have the books I need to do the lessons.

I think I will wait for now, thanks for all the advice. I didn't think of the possibility of needing all those scroll books when new lessons come out.

• FritLyreleafFritLyreleaf Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #615 October, 2019, 11:12 am.

I started as magizoologist but switched to professor thinking it would be easier for soloing as I rarely get a chance to team up. The skills I learned before the switch are all still there.

I've had that permadot on professions for so long... never realized that might be due to my earlier stint in magizoology. Does that mean I won't be able to get rid of it, as you can't unlearn skills, that I know of?

• MelanieblaineMelanieblaine Posts: 2
    edited November 9 #709 November, 2019, 01:36 pm.

The permadot is currently glitching out. Should be fixed eventually.