Fluffy

CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 31 December, 2019, 07:54 pm.

Has anyone seen the Fluffy oddity yet? I was watching a guy on YouTube who was filming himself at the start of the Brilliant Event and it was the first oddity he found. He was in a park. I haven’t seen any and I’ve been playing a lot and used several tonics so I wondered if anyone on here had seen him and where.

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭
    #212 October, 2019, 08:51 pm.

@CeruleanGirl I have seen him once, but it was while I was using the trace tonic. But with the tonic it’s random, as it’s not guaranteed what foundables will appear with it in use. Not sure if anyone has seen Fluffy without the tonic though.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #312 October, 2019, 08:54 pm.

I definitely haven't seen him yet. Although I'm currently saving my tonics for community day. If I get enough tonic ingredients before this event is over, I'll definitely try to use some to see if I can get at least one fluffy.

Also, if this helps: the very first encounter I had with the tonic was a Doxy. So it really does vary.

• CandaceSVFCandaceSVF Posts: 1
    #414 October, 2019, 09:14 am.

I have only seen Fluffy with using the trace tonic.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #514 October, 2019, 12:13 pm.

Ive gotten him 8 times now & 7 of those were with the trace tonic going at Dawn. Hope you find him soon!

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 62 ✭✭
    #614 October, 2019, 06:50 pm.

I've used 6 Trace Tonics and no Fluffy until today at dawn I finally saw him! The animation is awesome.

Wizard on!

• FritLyreleafFritLyreleaf Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #714 October, 2019, 08:30 pm.

Only one Fluffy sighting, using the tonic, so I plan to brew many more asap. After not getting or finding Erumpent horns for what felt like an age, with the event I started finding some on the map and picking up a lot from portkeys, very glad that it's been made so readily available.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    #815 October, 2019, 08:37 am.

I still haven’t seen Fluffy. I have gotten several horned serpents though, which normally don’t spawn in my area. Maybe I can only get one or the other?

#915 October, 2019, 08:46 am.

I love the fluffy animation @NursePoppy it's scary when all 3 heads bite you at once! Lol.

I used a trace again this morn & got 1 more fluffy- ive been getting at least 1 horned serpent & 1 fluffy @CeruleanGirl each dawn. One lucky day was 3 serpents, 2 fluffys! U can imagine how much i was jump up & down excited! 😂

When i see the red beam i was repeat 'please be fluffy, please be fluffy' as i clicked on it- maybe if you say it out loud 3 times, turn around, touch the ground, he'll appear! 😂 gotta b worth a **** lol.

Good luck x

#1015 October, 2019, 11:07 am.

Does anyone know if Fluffy will appear outside of the Brilliant event? Will he appear only at certain times of day, or do you have a chance whatever the time? I'm debating myself whether I should try and free up half an hour this afternoon to give it one more try, no time tonight unfortunately. But if he will appear outside the event I won't need to complicate today's schedule.

#1115 October, 2019, 02:04 pm.

He will definitely appear outside of the brilliant event cos he's on a permanent oddity page so he will count for that like the others. But we're not sure yet on timings, like we know doxies are usually dawn & vampires/horned serpents etc dusk & night outside of the changes this month.

But he might be like Erklings & can appear anytime? I hope so. I've got the feeling hel be rare though, and we might still need to use trace to get a better chance.

Theres community day & wk 2 yet so I think you have a good chance of more fluffys this month, hopefully enough to prestige the page at least.

After that we'll all be keeping fingers crossed to catch him! 😊

• Siska27Siska27 Posts: 2
    #1215 October, 2019, 11:17 pm.

I used a trace tonic and a baruffio at dusk, it yielded 2 Fluffy. So apparently, it appears not only at dawn but also at dusk.

#1316 October, 2019, 12:16 am.

I used a Tonic yesterday evening in hopes of finding Fluffy and then was a total dork and got distracted and like 40 Minutes later I was like, “Oops!”

• ivygramivygram Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1422 October, 2019, 02:27 pm.

I got the 3 headed dog in my driveway. No tonic, used potent potion to catch him. I have only seen him the one time.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1522 October, 2019, 02:59 pm.

@ivygram 👀Awesome!!!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭
    #1622 October, 2019, 04:30 pm.

Awesome to hear that they are actually in the wild @ivygram. Out of curiosity, why would you use a potent exstimulo on an oddity?

#1724 October, 2019, 09:22 pm.

That's great, so now we know that he can appear without a tonic and he can appear at dawn and dusk. Three guesses who I'll be looking for come tomorrow morning!

• Renbear67Renbear67 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1825 October, 2019, 12:29 am.

Once with a trace tonic, the first time I used one. Have used one other since, no Fluffy though.

• ArtymerlArtymerl Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #1925 October, 2019, 12:43 am.

Got 8 fluffy’s all of which i saw only with the trace potion. By the way, is the trace going to pull more oddities only during the event or even after it finishes?

#2025 October, 2019, 01:29 am.

I had the trace tonic on at dawn & dusk today which brought me my 13th & 14th fluffy!!

I'll be doing the same tomorrow in the hope of placing him before the event finishes- cos I get the feeling that he'll be as rare as running into our local dragon after that!

Just a guess, but im brewing trace potions like mad this week to pull in things like fluffy & the brown centaur which id only seen once ever before the brilliant event started! Managed to place him in 1st week to prestige that page.

Loving this event for oddities- it's awesome 😀

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭✭
    #2127 October, 2019, 09:58 am.

@MtPollux - i might not use a potent exstimulo for oddity trace encounter, but i definitely have used the basic exstimulo snd strong exstimulo to save on spells when i am very low on spell energy.

(see discussion elsewhere re professors being screwed by doubling of stamina of WVDs during community day)

• Ctshirk7Ctshirk7 Posts: 1
    #2221 December, 2019, 04:13 pm.

Anyone seen fluffy since the event? I’ve been sitting at 10/15 for quite a while and it’s bugging me.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭
    #2321 December, 2019, 04:20 pm.

I have seen Fluffy a couple of times. Today, I got a Chinese Fireball when I was expecting a Horned Serpent (I get lots of the latter in my area).

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭✭
    #2422 December, 2019, 07:53 am.

@Ctshirk7 - same here, not a single fluffy since that event

edited December 2019 #2524 December, 2019, 01:21 pm.

Fluffy is elusive to me as well. I also haven’t come across him since the event.

Come to think about it, I haven’t come across an Azkaban Escapee or a Death Eater either. Has anyone seen them since the event?

@Magpie31 That’s really cool, congratulations on getting them. For Fluffy, did you by any chance get a note of the type of location, time and weather?

#2624 December, 2019, 02:40 pm.

@Imaginatio I think it has generally been cloudy / drizzling when I've seen him. I haven't seen one in a few weeks, since the end of rainy season. As for location, it has always been in non-landmarked areas, though with plenty of PoIs. I could be way off with this, but just what I have noticed. Bear in mind that I haven't seen that many in total - I haven't placed him yet - but definitely seen outside the event.

#2724 December, 2019, 07:58 pm.

@Magpie31 Thanks for the information. Hopefully you’ll see more of him soon so you can place him and hopefully the rest of us will come across him too.

If enough of us come across him and share the info, fingers crossed we’ll be able to figure out and narrow down the conditions in which he appears on the map.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭
    #2824 December, 2019, 08:10 pm.
    #2925 December, 2019, 04:55 am.

Interesting. I can definitely say my appearences weren't near music venues, but that is a really good tip.

#3031 December, 2019, 07:54 pm.

Yeah, I haven't seen Fluffy since the event.