Suggestion: Oddity Encounters and Special Abilities

GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
in Wizarding Challenges + Professions #1 latest comment 14 October, 2019, 01:13 pm.

I believe that all generalized special abilities (+5 power when x condition is met) should be active in oddity encounters. Support classes whose specialties require focus in the fortress cannot use their true strength. For instance professors may gain power with a greater enhancement. These are generally awarded by skills using focus which they may even normally cast in the fortress before engaging anything. If it requires focus, the ability should be automatically active in oddity traces.

Comments

• TimofeefBTimofeefB Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #214 October, 2019, 11:25 am.

From that it would follow that everything involving focus should be supported in oddity battles, like strategic spells such as deterioration hex and the consumption of invigoration potions.

In my opinion, the would make oddity battles more like individual fortress battles, instead of the light-weight wilderness battles they should be. So, respecfully disagreeing with you opinion, maybe go the other way, nothing involving focus should apply to oddity battles, including abilities like "Become the Beast".

It should be one of either ways, not the fustercluck we currently have, where a magi deals with curiosities in oddity battles easier and faster than a professor (who has proficiency against curiosities) of comparable skill level.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #314 October, 2019, 01:13 pm.

@TimofeefB I think you can draw the line at active vs passive. If it is an active skill you can't use it in oddity encounters, if it is passive, it should count. It makes for a very easy distinction logically and likely in the code.