Feature request: Auto-mute sounds on Apple CarPlay

MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 20
in App Feedback #1 latest comment 13 October, 2019, 05:48 pm.

I love having the music and sound effects on, as it just adds so much more to the game. But is there a way in a future update to automatically mute sounds and music when connected to Apple CarPlay? I plug my phone into my car for Spotify and GPS, but either my wife or I like playing while the other is driving. The sound effects and in-game music come through the car speakers when connected to Apple CarPlay. We then have to go into game settings and mute both of those. Then we have to go back in and turn them both back on afterwards. I know this is a small annoyance and possibly big coding request, but just figured I’d throw it out there.

Comments

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    #212 October, 2019, 07:31 pm.

Omg! So, once while my dad was driving, I was playing some music from my phone, but totally also playing the game. And I went into a fortress and totally forgot that the sound was on, and out of nowhere I just started hearing creature sounds in between the music, but it was much louder than the music! I almost scared my dad to death 😂

I also listen to audiobooks, and so I turned off the music but not the ingame sounds, and sort of had the same experience, where the book wasn't loud enough, but the game sounds were, so then I turned the game sounds off permanently.

All in all, would love something like this that turns the game music/sounds off only while using another "sound" app.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 60 ✭✭
    #313 October, 2019, 05:48 pm.

That’s a great idea! I had a podcast playing over the car speakers on a trip with my husband and started up the game (he was driving) just to check on my potions and the music started playing really loud. It startled us both! Usually I keep the sound on the game turned almost all the way down when I play but I had it turned up for the podcast so I didn’t expect it!