had anyone here gotten a non-home-region dragon from using tonic for trace detection so far?

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 242 ✭✭
in Potions #1 latest comment 13 October, 2019, 03:56 am.

one or more guides report having heard of dragons from a different region being called by use of a trace detection tonic during this brilliant week ... but if it is not first hand experience, then it is just rumor / hearsay

so, has anyone here gotten a non-home-region dragon from using tonic for trace detection so far? if so, please provide your first-person confirmation (and congratulations)??

i did get a peruvian vipertooth dragon from yhe tonic on day 1 of this brilliant week, but that is my region’s “home court” dragon

Comments

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #212 October, 2019, 12:47 pm.

My wife has during this event (opaleyes which was the last she needed to prestige!). We don't use tonic outside events though since when we tried we just got flubber worms etc. It definitely wasn't worth the rarity of ingredients or brew time. She hasn't joined the forums and doesn't care to so I occasionally post things for her.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    #312 October, 2019, 07:27 pm.

There was a different post a few days ago asking if we would get dragons from different regions, and on it some people said they did (maybe it was you Ginnungagap, I don't remember!) but it does seem to be confirmed. But it's basically like fluffy, I think you definitely need the tonic and its still just a luck thing either way.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 242 ✭✭
    #412 October, 2019, 07:43 pm.

@Ginnungagap - your confirming on your wife’s behalf works for me - thank you (my wife also does not do forums, so i mention stuff on occasion for her)

• HerMayreeHerMayree Posts: 61 ✭✭
    #512 October, 2019, 09:09 pm.

I have heard it as well. So far, I have used the potion 5 times or more. No new dragons (a couple of my home ones). 5 fluffy wannabes though (fluffy was black).

#612 October, 2019, 09:20 pm.

i am in north america - if there were a way to get 10 common welsh green dragons so i could complete and prestige oddities registry page 4, i would focus all my meager resources on the tonic or device that summons them.

10 antipodean opaleye dragons, so i could do same for page 3, would be pretty good too.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #712 October, 2019, 10:42 pm.

@JulieJubz yes I posted a thread about trace tonics in the brilliant event about a half hour after it started to let people know.

edited October 13 #813 October, 2019, 03:56 am.

just a domestic dragon this afternoon, without tonic

i am so far away from the protego achievement that it does not matter, so i like to go rock’em sock’em with the dragons (ie no protego) just so i can watch the fire breathing

and when i do, i can still hear the late great robin williams doing his impression of elmer fudd, doing his impression of bruce springsteen, singing his classic song “Fire” ... whoa oh whoa, i’m on fi-wa

https://youtu.be/1vT-VaMXsAw