are death eater oddities more prevalent than azkaban escapee oddities ?

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in New Players #1 latest comment 30 October, 2019, 02:03 am.

just wondering, are death eater oddities more prevalent than azkaban escapee oddities ? (i.e., the non-brilliant versions that go on page 5 of the oddities tab of exploration registry)

i ask, because even though death eaters are severe threat level (orange plume), i have seen it 13 times so far and have 13/15 fragments; on the other hand, the azkaban escapee is medium threat level (no plume), yet i have seen it only 3 times so far and have 3/15 fragments

is the azkaban escapee one of those very rare medium threat foundable that are harder to find in the wild (ie trace encounters) because they also are available sometimes as portkey rewards (like gryffindor student, adult niffler, boggart cabinet, monster book of monsters, etc) ?

Comments

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #212 October, 2019, 12:40 pm.

@kiheikid I have had them roughly equally myself. There may be a time and/or weather component. The death eaters are much easier to spot though. They are the only severe oddity in my region. As you pointed out though threat level is not directly correlated with rarity. Good hunting!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #312 October, 2019, 07:39 pm.

@Ginnungagap thank you, good hunting to you as well

#423 October, 2019, 11:33 am.

(sigh) now at 4/13 fragments for the regular (non-brilliant) azkaban escapee, compared to 5/15 fragments for three-headed dog aka Fluffy, even though the former is a medium threat level foundable while the latter is an emergency threat level foundable .

where are the azkaban escapee traces hiding ??

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #523 October, 2019, 04:34 pm.

@kiheikid my guess is Azkaban. Who would think to look for them there?

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #623 October, 2019, 08:16 pm.

I seem to get them a lot anytime I go to the mall here in town. That place is a minefield for thee dark arts.

#726 October, 2019, 05:20 pm.

took a tonic for trace detection at dawn today. the oddities haul included 2 azkaban escapees (now at 7/13), 3 horned serpents, 2 leprechauns, 1 vampire, and 1 centaur. no fluffy, no doxy, no dragon.

#828 October, 2019, 12:48 am.

I'm so sad that Doxy aren't part of the second week. I really want them to be part of the full month more than any other oddity 😅

edited October 2019 #928 October, 2019, 12:59 am.

@JulieJubz - you probably can still entice doxies to appear via trace detection tonic for a wee bit longer.

i have a hunch the trace detection tonics will revert back to mundane stuff after october ( or even after end of brilliant event week 2 ), so i will try to use up what i have before then to try to pick up more doxies, fluffys, and azkaban escapees ... then worry later about brewing more trace detection tonics

the tonic i used this morning at dawn was fairly uneventful ... 1 azkaban escapee (yay!), 2 horned serpents, and lots of vampires plus the lovely redhead Chudley Cannons quidditch player. i also encountered a third horn serpent plus a doxy, but they did not have the purple aura around trace when i tapped, so they were appearing without the tonic.

had to go into town to hunt for baneberries so i can brew more tonics later, and for ginger so i can brew wit-sharpening potions

Post edited by kiheikid on
    #1029 October, 2019, 06:21 pm.

last 2 tonics for trace detection, taken back-to-back at dawn before end of brilliant event week 2 this morning, yielded:

azkaban escapee (oddity) fragments 12/13 and 13/13

fluffy fragment 10/15

doxy fragments 47/50 thru 49/50 (so close)

more pixies, death eaters, werewolves, than i could shake a wand at (unfortunately got very low on spells near the end and had to stop going after everything that popped up)

and then after tonics expired and dawn turned into day, a boggart cabinet ... took a basic exstimulo because i only had two spells left but got fragment 14/24 on the first attempt.

gotta run - now i have to go foraging for spell energy

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1129 October, 2019, 07:24 pm.

@kiheikid And a double Community Day?

I’d buy a lottery ticket if I were you!

#1230 October, 2019, 12:27 am.

@kiheikid I actually used 5 tonics during part two of the brilliant event and never so much as got fluffy's meaner cousin. I think somewhere it was specified that part one was more about doxies and others while part two is erkling and pixies? I could be wrong, but yeah. I was a little disappointed with the tonics this time around. I mainly attracted normal traces! But oh well, 😅

#1330 October, 2019, 02:03 am.

@Dewin99 - sadly, no lottery in paradise

@JulieJubz - yup, the tonics were boosted/buffed during each week of the brilliant event and then reverted to normal boring stuff outside of brilliant week. i should have been brewing, and pounding, those tonics during brilliant weeks 1 and 2 even more than i actually did.