Logon after update 2.5.0 fails

GhostRider110GhostRider110 Posts: 3
edited October 12 in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 14 October, 2019, 11:37 am.

Hello, this morning I auto updated to version 2.5.0 of the game. Game is installed through the Galaxy Store. I cannot login to my account using my Gmail account.

I also cannot create a new account using Facebook or Google.

I already reinstalled the game, deleted the cache and installed files.

Comments

• DrunaveilDrunaveil Posts: 4
    #212 October, 2019, 08:24 am.

Im having the same issue, i have login through facebook. Its keeps giving error. Tried with g9ogle doesnt wo

• GhostRider110GhostRider110 Posts: 3
    #312 October, 2019, 08:32 am.

Logged on with a 2.4.0 client, and that works. So it's not the account or way of authentication.

#412 October, 2019, 09:23 am.

Can confirm it, on ios version 2.4 i can log in no problem, but with a android version 2.5 the game sinply wont login

• CoeluraCoelura Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited October 12 #512 October, 2019, 10:35 am.

I have the same problem, can't login. Was working fine at 9.30 am but came 11am and I was getting the login network error.

Decided the game is becoming so bug ridden now that it really is more trouble than it's worth. Unlike some I haven't invested any real money in it, so easy decision to make to uninstall it permanently.

• grurihgrurih Posts: 1
    edited October 12 #612 October, 2019, 12:03 pm.

Seems that problem is connected to Galaxy Store. They have 2.5.0 version and Google Play has 2.4.0. So we cannot login with 2.5.0 because it is not live yet.

• GhostRider110GhostRider110 Posts: 3
    edited October 12 #712 October, 2019, 01:20 pm.

I have turned the auto update feature of the Samsung Galaxy store off to prevent a future mishap, and would recommend other users doing the same.

edited October 12 #812 October, 2019, 01:48 pm.

So should i just unistall and go for playstore one ?

• AntrageousAntrageous Posts: 5
    #912 October, 2019, 02:07 pm.

I see we are being ignored here too. Way to go support. Unfortunately I have spent too much money on this game to just give up but they sure are making it easier to do just that. Good job.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #1012 October, 2019, 02:24 pm.

@Antrageous not sure there is anything that can be done here. The official release was stated to be tomorrow. The issue should thereby resolved then. I don't think any changes could be done in less than 24 hours. It also happens to be the weekend so most employees are likely off as well.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 373 ✭✭✭
    #1112 October, 2019, 04:30 pm.

6 minutes ago on Discord

#1212 October, 2019, 04:43 pm.

Seriously? Now is a good time to post that. Would be neat if there were a way to get 2.4 again but for Samsung users you can't go to the play store. Our only option is galaxy and they only have 2.5. Hey maybe it's galaxy's fault for putting it out there too soon. Still seems like poor timing to have an update go live over a weekend and a 3 day weekend at that.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 373 ✭✭✭
    #1312 October, 2019, 04:47 pm.

I'm on Samsung but I don't use the Samsung store. Are you unable to access the Google Play store?

#1412 October, 2019, 05:05 pm.

Yes I can but the game doesn't show up in a search, just a bunch of junk apps related to the game

#1512 October, 2019, 06:15 pm.

This is just plain ridiculous.

Is ther any warning to not update the app???

Considering the bug currently ative with no rewards, users will try to update the app. And most ppl dont follow devs twitters nor we are forced to. This is just plain bad management.

• SonOfCainSonOfCain Posts: 1
    #1613 October, 2019, 01:27 am.

I had the same problem. I had to uninstall the galaxy store version, and install the play store version. Now it works fine.

#1713 October, 2019, 12:10 pm.

Bugs. Plural. Still having login issue. Thought someone said 2.5 goes live today even though it's a Sunday. Oh well, maybe they will tweet when it's ready.

• MayMinistersMayMinisters Posts: 1
    #1813 October, 2019, 02:50 pm.

Same issue here too. My son had it from galaxy store so it updated and ow doesn't work. A lot of time and money has been spent advancing on this game. It needs to be sorted.

• kindofmagic40kindofmagic40 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1914 October, 2019, 11:37 am.

This is because from what I can tell the official update is slowly rolling out world wide which apparently contains the ability to send gifts to friends finally making the friends feature do something thank God. So if your trying to get the update via apk download I strongly advise u not to do so these files cause problems for not only yourself has they can contain viruses but other players has they fetch bugs that cause the wizards unite servers problems etc so be patient and wait for the official download to roll out that's all I wish to say tho I will say from the leaked information I've seen the new update looks good . We just need adventure sync now and some other new features pokemon go etc dont have to really make wizards unite better than ever before but that's just my own personal view. Only I can see the buddy system coming with magic pets at some point probably with abilities to assist us in fortress battles why that has its unlike there do candys like pokemon go so its possible there have them earn things like potion ingredients, spell engery or pet food to upgrade the magical pets level or something like that if they do have them assist in fortress battling I can see the pheonix tears being used to heal us from attacks and so on and owls being for sending mail to friends ( not for fortresses) some pets we unlock ot have to buy and some being free like owls I think is likely to happen in wizards unite if the buddy system ( pet thing happens) I'd also love to see them fetch in wizards chess , gobble stones have curse vaults ( wild encounter quest) etc to really push us wizards etc to wanna play the game even more and hopefully them remind us it's about the whole wizarding world with some Brilliant event to do with the fantastic beasts like and newt scamander for example only it's been highly focused on harry Potter which I get but I think us players would love something to do with fantastic beasts too and plz god can we have a dobby quest in the game with a new spell to make/ put together a gaint jigsaw type puzzle of him holding a sock before we encounter him saying something funny like hi I'm dobby and I'm a sockoholic for abit of laughter for the younger players has the game should be enjoyable for everyone playing the game I feel