Professors should get proficiency bonus on Oddity traces

JixamaJixama Posts: 10 ✭✭
in App Feedback #1 latest comment 12 October, 2019, 12:51 pm.

In traces Professors also can't use Deterioration Hex to augment their low Power, so they are at a disadvantage compared to Aurors (with Dancing with Dummies) and Magizoologists (with Become the Beast); it would make some sense to apply their Curiosities damage bonus to Oddities as well.

Comments

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #211 October, 2019, 09:55 pm.

@Jixama I do believe that you get the power boosts as though you have the greater enhancements just as magizoo gets become the beast. As there is no focus to use, those special abilities are always working. That means you can have a base damage of 113 against all oddities. At least so I have been told by other professors.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 20
    #311 October, 2019, 10:18 pm.

Base damage from 113? How do you figure? Do you mean that’s what a professor’s power can max out at?

#411 October, 2019, 11:33 pm.

@MrSciGuy correct. Only something like 79 is not contingent, but the contingent power is always given during oddity encounters to my knowledge. For instance +12 power with 2 greater enhancements. Since you have no focus, you always have +12 power in oddity encounters if you unlock that ability.

My wife who is a magizoo always has +40 power as though she has become the beast active when she fights oddities for instance. If she didn't they would be much more difficult.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 93 ✭✭
    #512 October, 2019, 09:38 am.

@Ginnungagap the contingent power does not apply during oddity battles. Despite having learned Strength In Numbers (+5 power with one enhancement), I still only do 79 damage per hit.

I have seen others comment (but I haven't checked it out myself yet) that if you have an elixir and/or tonic active then those count as enhancements. That would mean that professors could get an extra 17 power against oddities for a total of 96. For 30 minutes. If they had spent 30 RSB to unlock the two lessons, and if they use 2 of the longest brewing potions. It levels the field a little bit, but for the most part we professors have to resign ourselves to working a little harder for oddities.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 20
    #612 October, 2019, 11:45 am.

I have not yet unlocked the skill of added power with one or more enhancements, so I’m not sure. I went with added defense when opponent has one or more impairments instead. Looking to try that one after brilliant part two.

#712 October, 2019, 12:51 pm.

@MtPollux thanks for letting me know. I wonder if it did and got broken. Maybe it was credited and they decided it was a bug. Since I have only heard from others I'm not sure. I will make a suggestion post that generic abilities (not specific enemies mentioned) get applied in oddities traces. As focus does not exist that would be a better reflection of abilities.