October Community Day Announcement

in Community Day #1 latest comment 13 October, 2019, 09:30 pm.

Hi everyone,

Get ready to gather your friends and head out around your neighborhood to help contain the Calamity during this month’s Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Day. This Community Day, we will be seeing ominous Oddities everywhere! Defeating these oddities will give us bonus Wizarding XP AND a chance to earn extra Dark Arts Runestones, which will come in handy at the end of this month 😈

For the duration of Community Day, you will receive the following bonuses:

• Werewolf, Vampire, and Doxy Oddities will appear more often
  • 3x Wizarding XP from all Oddities
  • Oddities have the chance to reward Dark Arts Runestones
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will only reveal Werewolf, Vampire, and Doxy Oddities
  • Baruffio’s Brain Elixir brew time reduced to 30 minutes and Master Note effectiveness increased by 50%
  • A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop featuring Tonic for Trace Detection, Spell Energy, and Potion Ingredients
  • Partner Inns grant increased Spell Energy

Important: This Community Day event will take place on Saturday, October 19 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. during your local time. Please note, this is different from the typical Community Day schedule.

I am so excited to battle all those Werewolves! If I remember correctly, @Overflow4487 holds the winning record for catching 24 Werewolves in one night. I think we may be able to beat that next Saturday 😁

Comments

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭
    #211 October, 2019, 02:17 am.

Did you say local time. I bet there are wizards and witches out there cackling with delight.

PS. I know some of you have to work on Saturday and I can guess how it feels to miss another one. I have to work this Saturday so I had been worried before they announced the date. Hopefully we'll get a community day event that works for you at some point as well.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    #311 October, 2019, 02:19 am.

I can’t wait! I best stock up on the relevant potions and ingredients. I’m going to need to plant a lot more leaping toadstools.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #411 October, 2019, 02:19 am.

@HPWULola

I just saw this on my Google feed! I woowhooed outloud! So excited. The HPWU team is really listening to the community and working very hard. Each event and community day keeps getting better!

Fluffy is amazing! I love each head attaches.

So much fun having more oddities.

Thanks for the heads up on potions we'll know to start with empty cauldrons and stock up on ingredients ( my vault might not be big enough 😝)

Also love the 11 to 2 local player time. That's huge❣🦉

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #511 October, 2019, 02:48 am.

Thanks for the heads up. That sounds cool. 🙂

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 93 ✭✭
    #611 October, 2019, 03:29 am.

Baruffio’s Brain Elixir brew time reduced to 30 minutes and Master Note effectiveness increased by 50%

Am I reading this correctly?? It will only take 30 minutes to brew a brain elixir? And master notes will take off 30%, or 9 minutes, for a final brew time of 21 minutes? So we can brew 9 of them during the 3 hour window??

If that's correct then WOW! Time to line up your ingredients and get ready for next Saturday.

• SumaHanSumaHan Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #711 October, 2019, 06:35 am.

Thank You for the heads u....

Now i'm curious about that dark arts runestone.

Just one oot question, can we change the google account which is linked to a game account when the game account was created ? Thx.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited October 11 #811 October, 2019, 09:42 am.

@MtPollux don't forget renting the cauldron for 3 hours is pretty cheap for brewing those...

@HPWULola can you clarify the 11-2 local time? I'm wondering how this effects those near the time zone border. If it is getting the information for the time from the phone, that is easily manipulated. I want to make sure I know what time that Niantec thinks it is for me locally. Daylight savings time is a beast.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11 #911 October, 2019, 12:46 pm.

@SumaHan Interesting question! I have my account linked to both google and facebook. There is an option under Settings/Help-Legal that allows you to unlink an account. I would suggest linking a facebook account, then unlinking your google account. Then re-link a new google account. Logically it should work. Please let us know if it does.

• SumaHanSumaHan Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #1011 October, 2019, 01:37 pm.

Thank you @ZookiTabooki , but i already did that and failed. I've linked my fb account but the google account still couldnt be unlinked. It gave me a msg, but cant remember it, lol. But i could re-unlinked the fb account though.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    #1111 October, 2019, 05:04 pm.

I know the entire announcement was amazing (thank you team), but here I am, yet again, crying at the chance to catch doxy 🤣

• Selfd3struct5Selfd3struct5 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1211 October, 2019, 09:13 pm.

Does anyone know if the dark arts stones are going to drop like silver keys or dark detectors from random oddity catches? That’s how I am reading it.

• Selfd3struct5Selfd3struct5 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1311 October, 2019, 09:15 pm.

I’ll also be interested to see if there is going to be any benefits to battling during CD especially at a sponsored fortress. Some people in my discord group were pretty upset that they missed out last month.

• ivygramivygram Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1411 October, 2019, 09:46 pm.

So, unfortunately for my gameplay, I will be on a cruise during Community Day. The ship will be at Coco Cay in the Bahamas. If I have all my ingredients and good internet access, will I be able to brew the potions? I don't know if there will be any oddity spawn on the island.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 242 ✭✭
    #1513 October, 2019, 01:15 am.

@Selfd3struct5 - according to @HPWUFazes as relayed to @pocemon the WU-tuber ...

the dark arts runestones will be dropping from vampires and werewolves and doxies rather than from all oddities. the remaining question is whether every vampire, werewolf, and doxy drops a dark arts runestone ... or only sometimes based on some algorithm reducing it to “luck”

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited October 13 #1613 October, 2019, 01:27 am.

ps - wouldn’t it be nice for all players to get the event info directly in-app with plenty of time to prepare, rather than having to rely on announcements made here or via social media (which not everyone does) or WU-tubers who pass on stuff from social media ?

@HPWUFazes

@HPWULola

@HPWUMicah

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    #1713 October, 2019, 07:56 am.

Oh yes!!!! Major reduction on Baruffio my favourite potion!! Will be busy getting prepped for that! Wondering if as @MtPollux has asked is it actually reduced then to 21min!? Either way it's awesome & I can't wait!

I am loving all the oddity traces this month- this has definitely been the best event yet & I think the community day rewards on this beat even the first community day!

Woohoo! Sooooo happy!! 😀

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 373 ✭✭✭
    #1813 October, 2019, 08:57 am.

Did someone say werewolves?

I'm not sure how many I've caught in a night but I feel I would be right up there @HPWULola!

• rosesmilesrosesmiles Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1913 October, 2019, 01:03 pm.

This is a perfectly timed Community Day for me! I'm just waiting for 2 more potions to brew and then I'll be onto the SOS Assignment that needs Doxies and Werewolves! Absolutely can't wait!!

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited October 13 #2013 October, 2019, 09:30 pm.

I had a question about the Barrufio's brewing time but I figured it out.

Looking forward to this Community Day!