Can’t edit profile or email on Community

MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 20
in General Questions #1 latest comment 14 October, 2019, 07:23 am.

I just set up my profile on this website, although I’ve been playing WU since it came out. It only gave me the option to sign in with google or Facebook. I did Facebook since that’s what I used for WU. The problem is it just gives me this random email address and won’t let me change it or edit my profile at all. Any advice?

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #209 October, 2019, 04:33 pm.

Hi, @MrSciGuy. This forum platform definitely has its quirks. If you change your profile in the game, then sign out of this forum and sign back in, the change should be reflected.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 20
    #309 October, 2019, 04:53 pm.

The weird thing is I signed up for both via the “sign in with Facebook” button, and my email address shows up correctly on the game but not on here and I can’t edit it.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #409 October, 2019, 05:44 pm.

That is weird. I signed up with via my Google account, and my email address shows up correctly. It sounds like it may be an issue with how this forum connects to the Facebook API. I wonder if others who signed up with their Facebook account also see their email address displayed incorrectly.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 20
    #512 October, 2019, 04:21 pm.

SOLVED: My account was only linked through Facebook. I went into game, linked through google as well. Then I came to this website, logged out and back in, and now my email address shows up correctly.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    #614 October, 2019, 07:23 am.

Thank you for posting this! I can confirm it shows a funky fake email addy, but it wouldn’t let me change it. I’m also registered under FB and don’t really use google. I wish it would just work for both methods...