Changes to the Hag animation

JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 55 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 11 October, 2019, 01:18 pm.

Hi,

It's a tiny little thing, but I'm just too curious about this:

Why was the animation of the Hag (trapped in ice) shortened? This was one of the best animations in the game, with this hag coming towards the screen and at the LAST moment, apparated. Now she takes two steps, and .. poof.

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #208 October, 2019, 02:34 pm.

One of the most common complaints I've seen, both on the forum and on across social media, is that the animations are way too long. Of course, it's a non issue now that we have the ability to skip the animations by tapping the screen, so I'm not sure why they would have shortened it.

I can't recall whether the animation was different on my last encounter with the hag, but I'll watch more closely next time. Is it possible you tapped the screen to skip the animation?

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #308 October, 2019, 06:30 pm.

I noticed this a while ago, she doesn't come as close as she used to... Which to be honest, I liked because her animation took forever! It was cool the first few times, but after 100... she can go now, thanks. But yeah, like @Acumen says, now that we can skip animations, maybe it's a non-issue. Maybe they can bring back the full animation for new players to enjoy the fright on that first encounter.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #408 October, 2019, 06:48 pm.

I haven't watched her animation in forever since we can skip now, but that makes me a little sad! I was definitely one of the people who used to be annoyed with her because it really did take a long time to play out, BUT, skipping all together makes so much more sense, so I really wish it hadn't been changed. It really was such a cool animation to begin with. Just gets a tad tiresome after you've caught her 20 times, haha.

• JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 55 ✭✭
    #511 October, 2019, 01:18 pm.

I think I must've gotten used to the long animations, I find myself hardly skipping any of them, unless I'm walking and in a hurry. :)