The Brag Board

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #45219 January, 2020, 04:54 am.

Congrats, @kiheikid.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020 #45319 January, 2020, 05:39 am.

thank you @Magpie31 - hope you had a great CD today

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #45419 January, 2020, 07:23 am.

Thanks @kiheikid - Over 24 hours ago for me now, but yes. Not as many foundables as I would have liked but it was okay :)

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #45520 January, 2020, 02:26 am.

Apart from some connectivity issues today, I’m pretty pleased with how the CD went. Placed the Whomping Willow and Weasley’s car, and incredibly, I saw one of these!

Then I finally levelled up:

But best of all, finally saw (and caught) my first Dumbledore!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #45620 January, 2020, 02:26 am.

I FINALLY gold-prestiged my DADA classroom page by getting my last boggart cabinet! What are odds of this though: the very next foundable I get is another boggart cabinet! 🤩

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #45720 January, 2020, 09:16 am.

congratulations @MrSciGuy !!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #46020 January, 2020, 12:41 pm.

@Bormacska I've joined you on the naughty step my post with images gone for moderation! Oh dear! 😂

#46120 January, 2020, 01:44 pm.

Was pretty happy with how my WOWW pages ended up after CD. Had an hours appointment right in the middle of it, and the final Grawp I needed to prestige appeared 2 min b4 i went in! Yes!!!! Then I spent the last hour running crazy getting as many willows & weasley cars I could 😊

• Dock01Dock01 Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #46220 January, 2020, 09:10 pm.

Sorry i know this board is for u know.. bragging XD but i havent find anything spesificly good... the only good thing is that i reached level 35 auror XD thats it so here like a celebration AR.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #46321 January, 2020, 02:06 am.

Way to go @AuroraKadavra and everyone else! Y’all did great!!

#46421 January, 2020, 09:21 am.

@Dock01 yay! Congrats on the level up!! And those pics you do are truly awesome!! Love it! You really have a talent for placing the images 🙌

@ClairabusGryff i know its wrong thread but got 1 saved for right back at 'ya when u open your previous gift hon 😀

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #46523 January, 2020, 05:24 am.

I just got invincible! 3 lessons until maxed!

Pixies next event🙂

#46623 January, 2020, 05:26 am.

@Dock01 love the picture. Now I want to go shopping with Luna!

• Dock01Dock01 Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #46724 January, 2020, 12:01 am.

@AURORAKADAVRA & OWLX You guys are awesome .... it really made my day just reading your encouraging comments !!!! Here i made some small info stuff for you guys ! hope u like it !!! :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Also Congrats OWLX !!!! thats Crazy @[email protected] i mean professor need alot of green books and all u need is 3 more lesson!!!!!!! Its amazing !!! Congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish there is more AR creatures :(

#46824 January, 2020, 03:27 am.

@Dock01 😊

❤❤❤ the buckbeak card.

@HPWUTeam @Dock01 needs a job on the PR department! That could be prize or swag cards at fan fest!

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #46924 January, 2020, 04:02 am.

Grumble about unicorns and umbrellas and the game has to show me up! 😂. A little closer with both and a Newt! Now if I could just stop picking up 5 & 10k portkeys for this bonus round! Oi!

@Dock01 you've got a good eye with your AR photos, well done!

@Owlx way to go on that progression! Does that make you a master professor going for your doctorate? 😅

#47024 January, 2020, 12:27 pm.

@Bormacska I'm so close-but not quite there. Green book locked. 3 lessons to go before maxed Professor. Each lesson is 15 books. So I get 1 lesson per event.

#47124 January, 2020, 05:42 pm.

Wow @Owlx you can see the light at the end of the profession tunnel - Murphy’s law dictates that as soon as you complete that final lesson they will roll out 130 more for us! I am 9 lessons away from completing mine. Of course being a magizoo I need like 8 gazillion more red spell books so 2022 should wrap it up for me. 🤣🤣🤣 Although between daily awards, CD, this Brilliant Event, and some VERY GENEROUS gifts I am hoping to complete a lesson this weekend. So then 8 more to go!! Whoop whoop!!

#47324 January, 2020, 06:20 pm.

@Acumen - you are a total BADASS!! I recently solo’d Dark I and am saving up some more potions to tackle Dark 2. My potions used was similar to your list. Except I don’t ever use invigorations. CONGRATULATIONS!!🎊🎉🎈🍾

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #47424 January, 2020, 07:04 pm.

Thanks, @ClairabusGryff, and congrats on your Dark chamber run! I understand about the invigoration draughts. They're not very useful to Aurors or Magizoologists. A Professor's greatest asset in fortress challenges, particularly when playing solo, is the Deterioration Hex. It deducts an additional 40 points of stamina from each foe, both when you strike and when the foe strikes you. It costs 3 focus points to use so, depending on the lineup of foes, there may not be enough focus awarded to use Deterioration Hex on each one.

This isn't a big deal in the Forest chambers (or lower, obviously) because a Professor can usually get through those easily enough without the extra help on one or two of the foes we're proficient at fighting (pixies and werewolves). In the Dark chambers though, it's important for Professors to cast protection charm on ourselves first thing, which immediately deducts 3 of our 4 points of initial focus, but it's worth it because we'll blow through almost twice as many healing potions without the extra defense.

With only one point of focus left, it's necessary to pop open a strong invigoration draught (awards 3 focus) if we want to cast Deterioration Hex on the first foe. Again, depending on the lineup of foes, we might find ourselves with only 2 of the 3 points of focus needed to cast Deterioration Hex on the last foe, so a regular invigoration draught is needed for one more focus point. Sometimes, luck is on our side, and both the first foe and the last one will be a pixie. In that case, no invigoration draught is necessary.

As far as other potions are concerned, I use healing potion as needed and I keep potent exstimulo potion active all the way through the challenge. The one random strong extimulo I used was to finish off the last foe.

What is your strategy with the spells and focus available to Magizoologists, @ClairabusGryff?

#47524 January, 2020, 07:26 pm.

Thank you @Acumenfor that amazing explanation.

so I am a level 14 Magizoo with 459 stamina points. So when I start a fortress battle I go after the acromantulas and inklings first then pixies. That brings my focus up alto 12 typically and then I will tackle death eaters and wolves and other bad stuff that I am not proficient in. I don’t use any of the charms as they take away focus and since I play solo I don’t think they really matter. But honestly I don’t know enough about the charms to speak intelligently about them. So since they take away focus I just don’t use them. Perhaps I am wrong in that regard. When I solo’d dark I I had 8 foes so for my easy foes I used strong exstimulo’s and for the others I used portents and then two healing potions. I am completely open to changing up how I play as I probably am not doing it correct. There is so much info here about Aurors and Professors in fortresses I just haven’t seen much about magizoo’s. Except that Magizoos are important when battling as a group. So anyone that has suggestions I am all 👂 ears!! Hehehe

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #47625 January, 2020, 12:53 am.

@ClairabusGryff If you have enough focus to heal yourself (stamina charm) without dipping below 5 focus total (for your beast mode), you should. It will save yourself some healing potion. There are also certain lessons tied to your stamina and whether or not you're above 50%, so it's good to try to stay above that as much as you can without running through too many potions and focus. If you run into elites, your bravery charm works really well if it's maxed. But it's costly at 7 focus, so it depends on the overall battle and your foes. You don't want to lose your beast mode against an elite. If a tough elite is out there as well as some easy foes, and you have 12 focus, it doesn't hurt to cast bravery, and then defeat the easy foes to build your focus back up again before facing the elite. Your revive charm is useless as a solo player unfortunately. And mending charm of course is meh.... But if you need to get the strategic spells achievements still, use it. The red books reward is defo worth it.

Disclaimer - speaking as a prof with a MZ hubby. I'm familiar enough with his strategic spells, but not as a solo MZ player.

#47725 January, 2020, 01:37 am.

Thank you as always @Dogoutlaw! I thought all 4 Magizoo charms are based on healing teammates or oneself. If I use one to heal myself the amount of focus I give up is t worth it to me. So if I am not pressed for time I always let myself to get knocked out if not I just guzzle a healing potion. But thank you so much for all of the info from your hubby. I am grateful!! 🙏

I did get the strategic spells gold award a couple of months ago. I will do just about anything for red books at this point.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #47926 January, 2020, 06:55 pm.

Wow! Congrats @Bonmedo that’s a tough one!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #48026 January, 2020, 11:49 pm.

My goodness, that is a LOT of fortress challenges, @Bonmedo. I can't even imagine... 😮

• BonmedoBonmedo Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #48127 January, 2020, 01:05 am.

Thanks @MrSciGuy @Acumen 😊 being one of the very few magizoo in my community helps a lot to get that number 😂