The Brag Board

Comments

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #36224 December, 2019, 05:59 pm.

@kiheikid congrats on getting back to a normal sleep pattern. Mines is far from normal. I blame it on the military, it will never be the same. I am an insomniac really. But I do catch my needed rest. Me and the Service Dog Sir. B.B. were up since 3am and was able to catch a a few Horned Serpents, Leprechauns, Doxies, and Pixies, this morning surprisingly.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019 #36324 December, 2019, 07:03 pm.

@AquaSaiRose - thank you, and congratulations to you on finishing the 12 Tasks and prestiging to gold your books tab pages in the challenge registry.

what does the BB part of your dog’s name stand for, or is this a reference to the great blues musician BB King ?

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019 #36424 December, 2019, 07:25 pm.

@kiheikid - Thank you for the compliment. No, his name its not after the famous BB King. 😊

Well, as a Service Dog he is with me everywhere I go. He is a Large German Shepherd and a very handsome fella. lol A lot of people always stop and ask questions about him. The first is always his name, and the second is can they pet him.

Being that he is medical alert he has to stay focused on me at all times. So I can not tell them his real name to distract him. So, His AKC Title is "Sir". He was give this after he pass his the Canine Good Citizens Test during his Service Dog training (Meaning he knows how to act in public around people, situations, and noises).

So I tell people that his name is "Sir" he doesn't respond to them, however, he will respond to me. I can pretty much call him peanut butter and jelly and he will come. Hahaha.

His name is "Sir Bandit Bear" aka "Sir B.B." I made him this name tag on the 3D printer in Blue:

Post edited by AquaSaiRose on
    #36524 December, 2019, 07:37 pm.

sir bb sounds like a real treasure - fortunate you you are in his life, and he in yours

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #36627 December, 2019, 09:07 am.

@MtPollux woah!!! U placed swooping evil!!! That is some achievement right there!!! Respect!! 😀

@Magpie31 so do u live in Germany then? I absolutely love that full sentence on Pickett @MageOfHeaven - and totally love your name!!

I have very limited knowledge of German but it is my absolute favourite foreign language and I use my linited vocab of it all the time at home- usually 'RAUS' to the kids & the dog when they are stood flat in my way!! 😂 and daily at min 'nein- es ist zu kalt' 'was ist los mein kind' and 'gehen sie schnell geraderaus' lol- noooo idea if those are correct, spelt correctly, but i say them with vigour cos German just feels such a wonderful language to give orders & instructions 😂 i seem to give it more 'umph' that way 😂

#36727 December, 2019, 09:26 am.

@Magpie31 that is an awesome result!! Truly worth sharing & I'm glad you did. Some days for me- just being able to leave the house is like asking me to climb mount Everest!! So I know how these things are absolutely worthy of being a huge achievement!! Even better than getting McGonagall!! Yes- i did just say that!!! No take-backsies! 😂

I lost my right leg achilles tendon a few years ago- well, i mean not through carelessness like a set of car keys 😂 but it snapped, had operation, 8 month in plaster & to the big boot, xray- it hadnt worked, tendon had disintegrated- so big toe tendon pinched & tied to the end then drilled thru my heel to make a new one, back in plaster & boot for total of year & half. so now years later i still cant walk far without it swelling & hurting, or stand up for too long. It's a blessing they could fix it so i can walk! Lol- im grateful for that! But i know it's hard to get about & to be in pain each day is draining- so sending you lots of healing wishes & love. Take that recovery slowly to best heal ❤

#36827 December, 2019, 09:32 am.

@AquaSaiRose congrats on the gold frame books!! That's awesome!! 😀

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #36927 December, 2019, 10:00 am.

@AuroraKadavra Firstly, thank you. It felt like a huge achievement. I went for a swim today as well. Only did 50m before my foot screamed for me to stoo, which is galling when I usually do 1 - 2km every day. But small victories, right?

The tendon sounds horrific! Truly, truly awful! I'm wincing just thinking about it. I am glad it has healed enough to get around, but I can imagine how much you miss properly walking. I love hiking, so this is really killing me.

I actually live in Bangkok, and this is my fifth year over here in Thailand. I absolutely love it, although sometimes I'd love a nice cold winter (17 degrees is the coldest temperature on record here). I was born and raised in the UK, spent a couple of years living in France and Germany, but have been here quite a while now. When I lived in Germany, my accent was pretty good. Nowadays, it is obvious that I am a bit rusty and mainly speak English. But there's just no need for me to speak German over here.

As for McGonagall, you are all welcome to the little pest! She is driving me a little nuts at the moment.

#37027 December, 2019, 10:25 am.

Ok, all i heard there @Magpie31 was doesn't drop below 17°- so im booking the flight- see you soon 😂😂😂

I know what you mean with the frustration of not being able to do the exercise you used to! Im a black- belt in karate & have medals for lots of runs ive done, used to swim a lot & cycle etc.

Now im not allowed to even risk karate- told i can cycle for 10 min then rest! ....seriously!!? Are they Siriusly serious! 😂

But I've learned to be patient & thankful I can even walk tbh. Plus i had to take recovery sooo slow or it would defo snap. So yeh- the pain & frustration are awful but deep breaths, try everything you can to get through- distraction, meditation etc & ul be so glad once healed that you're at the best you can be.

Much love sent to you through this difficult time ❤

#37127 December, 2019, 11:02 am.

Just occured to me to put this here too- cos, spose its an achievement lol !!

Who else is in the 3000 scrolls club? Anyone made it to 4000 yet?

#37227 December, 2019, 11:04 am.

Plus- check out my rarer ingredients stash!!!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #37327 December, 2019, 08:13 pm.

Just joined the 4k scroll club. 🤪

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #37427 December, 2019, 10:00 pm.

You all are doing fab!!! Bravo! I love seeing all the rare ones you all are getting! Pickett!!!

Funny enough @AuroraKadavra I've seen McGonagall a bit this month, it's shocking! So much so, I thought uh oh, I better work on that House Cup foundable from the fortress.

I have a bunch of frames that are close to prestiging, will be fun to place those images. Hubby has vexed me on prestiging a couple of frames before me! pffft (not competitive at all... lol). He's even placed the car!! I'm totally jealous on that one!

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #37628 December, 2019, 02:07 am.

Legitimately after I typed that post I went into the game and who was there waiting for me?? NEWT SCAMANDER! Pinch me I must be dreaming.

#37728 December, 2019, 04:18 am.

Woohoo @ClairabusGryff !!

#37828 December, 2019, 04:44 am.

@ClairabusGryff - great haul !!

i went to see the new star wars movie today and found your same fella waiting in the popcorn line!

#37928 December, 2019, 08:37 am.

Wow @ClairabusGryff that is some serious pottering you did there!! Thats just awesome!!

Congrats!

And i had a feeling ud pop up with a 4k scrolls pic @Acumen 😂 might have know it'd be you first!!

Oooh @Dogoutlaw tell her not to forget me- i need her to pop for a bew twice more yet lol!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #38028 December, 2019, 10:23 pm.

Pleased with this Portkey!

#38128 December, 2019, 10:29 pm.

@Dewin99 seriously?? Over 18k wiz XP? Was that like a 30kil Portkey that I haven’t seen yet? OMG! My last 10k gave me 240 challenge XP which I thought was Ministry of Magic family XP and felt like an idio when someone kindly pointed out it was challenge XP. The most I have ever gotten from a 10kil Portkey was 8k wiz XP. You buy the jackpot today for sure!!👌😁👌😁

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #38228 December, 2019, 10:34 pm.

@ClairabusGryff Thanks. Good advert for using a Baruffio I guess.

#38328 December, 2019, 11:46 pm.

@Dewin99 i always save up my portkeys to open when I have a BBE going. Yesterday I opened 7 of them! But no kind of haul like you got!!

#38429 December, 2019, 03:14 am.

Wow!!! @Dewin99 that is just truly epic!!! Highest I've ever got in q portkey is 16k & i thought that was great but yours just takes it to a whole new level 🙌😀 congrats!!!

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    #38529 December, 2019, 12:25 pm.

Time for waiting distance 10km and get ready for new year 2020!

Anyway, i got more essential runestone gift for tower chamber IV too.

#38629 December, 2019, 12:31 pm.

Woooah!!!! @Yohanes12 that's a whole lotta 10ks!!! I just keep getting 2k. Cool! Go u!! 🙌😀

#38703 January, 2020, 12:45 am.

the first 11 firenze fragments took until this afternoon. the next 33 firenze fragments, oy !

#38803 January, 2020, 05:54 am.

Congrats @kiheikid ! I need three more Firenze and then I can prestige that page. It bloody h*ll 33 of them will take a year at least!!

#38903 January, 2020, 06:33 am.

yup

33 firenze fragments ... oy !!

#39003 January, 2020, 08:44 pm.

Thanks to the epic few days we've had here with rare foundables, and some good luck at the fortress, I've been able to place the last image on a few frames and prestige! Getting the last few fragments of the pensieve, triwizard cup, and quidditch fan Hermione had me jumping around and squealing like a little girl!

@AuroraKadavra I've reminded McGonagall to stop by for tea!

@Dewin99 AMAZING XP reward!! I think the highest I've received was 10K. Just WOW.

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope the new year brings happiness, peace, and love to you all!

#39103 January, 2020, 09:14 pm.

congratulations, @Dogoutlaw ... what beautiful completed bingo cards !