The Brag Board

DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 14 October, 2019, 12:11 pm.

So, I do dog agility with one of my labs. (Tangent, if you don’t know what dog agility is, google for videos. There’s a ton and it’s loads of fun!). At some trials, we have a Brag Board. A place where we can put our achievements from the trial, big and small, and then all the competitors can help you celebrate. Not so much “bragging” as celebrating really, but that’s what we call it. It didn’t occur to me we could do that here until @Ginnungagap suggested something similar. So consider this your Brag Board. Let’s celebrate reaching achievements, prestiging, and completing gold frames! Here’s my first finished gold frame from this Thursday.

I know others have similar frames, so put ‘em up!

Comments

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 84 ✭✭
    #306 October, 2019, 07:18 pm.

Crikey. That’ll take me ages! Awesome work! @Dogoutlaw & @Ginnungagap

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    #406 October, 2019, 07:20 pm.

Oh wow @Ginnungagap that’s awesome!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I still have a few umbrellas and a bunch of dirigible plums to get to finish those two frames. Totally impressed. The others I either just prestiged to gold, or am in the thick of it. Can’t believe you’ve found all those memos, boggart cabinets, and monster book of monsters!😳

And yeah, this isn’t about ego or literal bragging. We all started at the beginning, so we know how exciting it is to reach milestones, even small ones like placing your first magicke moste evil. Hopefully everyone can keep in the spirit of why I started this thread.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #506 October, 2019, 07:27 pm.

Lol this forum are my post! Apparently it didn't like me trying to fix a grammatical mistake. Second time I have hit edit and then have my post deleted saying it couldn't find the discussion... Again I lament not knowing how to make the images show side by side.

#606 October, 2019, 07:31 pm.

Lol! Don’t worry about grammatical errors, if it’s close enough, most people can figure it out. Better than trying to fix and having that happen! It’s happened to others as well.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    edited October 6 #706 October, 2019, 07:36 pm.

@Dogoutlaw great thread and congratulations on completing that gold dark arts frame.

@Ginnungagap Wow, you’ve been busy. That’s awesome. Congratulations on completing the many gold frames!👏 😊

For a moment when I didn’t see your post, I was afraid the calamity may have started causing posts to disappear as well. Glad that’s not the case. I don’t know how I would have responded to finding people’s posts on the map as counfoundables to return. 😂

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #806 October, 2019, 08:54 pm.

Congrats, everyone! I've knocked out four, so far. I'm pretty close on a couple others though. Pretty much the same ones as @Ginnungagap, but I need a few more memos for the Ministry Atrium page and a couple Monster Books for the Pumpkin Patch page.

I've only managed to prestige one of the more difficult exploration family pages to bronze (Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch), but I'm close to having all the images placed on a few more of those, too.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭
    #906 October, 2019, 11:21 pm.

Waited a long while to pull this off... wasn't sure it was possible until I did it. Wrackspurts for the win!

#1006 October, 2019, 11:37 pm.

@Acumen well done!! I’m still 9 quidditch stands away on that one you showed, it will probably be a while yet before I get one of those type prestiged. Awesome job getting one done!

Yay @ZookiTabooki ! I love it when the portkeys come through on those. That’s how I prestiged DADA classroom to gold... got a boggart cabinet in two of them! Score!

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    #1207 October, 2019, 10:58 am.

*nervous laugh*

#1307 October, 2019, 12:09 pm.

@JulieJubz there's no benefit. Those pages are basically dead to me. I haven't had "story line" quests in months. Soon I will cap out on my profession. Gaps in balance in the game have gotten more pronounced. *Shrugs* I'm just a completionist and have a tendency to plow through in the most optimised fashion I can come up with.

#1608 October, 2019, 06:18 pm.

Awesome @ZookiTabooki ! *High five*

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    #1708 October, 2019, 06:33 pm.

@ZookiTabooki those are sooo hard to come by!

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭
    #1808 October, 2019, 06:43 pm.

@JulieJubz no doubt, and to come back to back was a thrill, couldn't stop smiling. Knight Bus has usurped Fawkes as my favourite of the moment. Fawkes is slowly trying to work his way back into my good graces though I'd say he's got some work to do yet. @Dogoutlaw 🖐️

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    #1908 October, 2019, 07:22 pm.

@ZookiTabooki Congratulations! 😊

#2008 October, 2019, 07:50 pm.

@ZookiTabooki congrats

@JulieJubz *breaks out the bowler hat*

#2108 October, 2019, 08:51 pm.

@Ginnungagap this might be the wrong... actually, no, this might be the best place to ask, haha! Where did you get this, if you don't mind me asking! I've never seen it before!! 😱

#2208 October, 2019, 09:54 pm.

Is that from the fan fest event?!😱

#2308 October, 2019, 09:57 pm.

I just checked Overflow's ID, and he has it too! I bet it's from fan fest. Gosh, I really wanna go to the next one!!

#2408 October, 2019, 10:09 pm.

@Dogoutlaw saaaaame. Also because I totally want hat badge haha!

#2508 October, 2019, 10:22 pm.

@JulieJubz LOL, give me ALL the things! I'm seriously so jelly of everyone who was able to attend the first one. For so many reasons.

#2608 October, 2019, 10:46 pm.

@Dogoutlaw saaaaaaaaaaaaame.

I will say though, as a foreigner having to travel into these events, I kind of wish that we could attend all days instead of just one. I couldn't picture myself flying in only for a single day. Even if there's more stuff I could do around town, it's still mostly a waste spending that much to get there. I really hope they consider expanding a bit and letting people attend multiple days.

#2708 October, 2019, 11:07 pm.

@JulieJubz Yes it's from fanfest. we met up and played with people the second day. If you go early/leave late you will have others to play with who did as well.

#2808 October, 2019, 11:42 pm.

@JulieJubz that's a good point, although I suppose I would just hope the event is in a cool location. Like say it was in London, I'm more than up for that, I wouldn't be going just for the fan fest event. But I guess it really does depend where the event was.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 242 ✭✭
    #3012 October, 2019, 04:02 am.

@Osprey1 - well done on getting last centaur bow

i am at 8/20 for centaur bows on oddities registry page 1 and 5/20 for horned serpent eggs on oddities registry page 2, so i hope to make some significant progress this month with the increased frequency of oddity encounters helping grinding for oddity runestones

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    #3112 October, 2019, 02:25 pm.

@Ginnungagap you can really go off people ya know!!? 😂😂😂 posting all those gold frames not once but twice!!!

I don't even think ive anything at all like the amazing stuff on this thread to brag about!! 😭

I feel so inferior now & ive spat my dummy out & im going to sulk in the corner!! I hope you're all suitably satisfied with yourselves!!

Lol 😂 kidding- il hav a look see if i can find at least one thing thats good! Rofl! Oh dear- I'm not right good at games- but im tryin & lovin it- that's what counts 😊

Congrats you guys on those awesome gold frames, stickers & achievements!! Gives me goals to aim for- if there's one thing that's certain to make me get a shuffle on - it's a sense of friendly competition!!