Doxy rarity.

JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
in Story #1 latest comment 12 October, 2019, 09:12 pm.

As much as I appreciate certain things being rare. Could we maybe up the doxy encounter numbers?

The other day I woke up excruciatingly early (there's a dog, and sometimes he likes to start barking at 5 am, it's... not fun) , and for once, I actually went out and tried catching doxy! I only ever came by two. In 3 hours that they can supposedly be found, finding just 2 irked me a little. And I only found them on the last 20 mins of sunrise.

Since I'm not a morning person, I always try catching them from home, and because of that I felt I could never really complain, since I'm not putting in more work, lol. But I feel like actively walking around should really give us more encounters.

Plus the fact that I ran into more leprechaun's than I did doxies that day. It was a very frustrating morning, hahaha.

Maybe the vet's dog across the street is a dark wizard dog... that's why he likes to bark at 5 am.

Comments

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 84 ✭✭
    #206 October, 2019, 06:12 pm.

If it helps ease your pain @JulieJubz I consider the doxies as my nemesis too.

I’ve found that the first and last 10 minutes of (both) dusk and dawn work best for me. Why the rate decreases in the middle I couldn’t hazard a guess.

Not great for late risers and those who work late/have other commitments I know. But they’re the cards we’re dealt with I suppose.

I wish you all the very best!

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    #306 October, 2019, 06:25 pm.

@Dewin99 yes! I mean, since we've had these discussions for a while now in the forum, I always knew doxies were best found during the first 20 mins and the last 20 mins of dawn, but then to only find one or maybe two in those 20 minutes makes it kind of an annoyance. Especially because it's not always that they show up!

But definitely wishing you all the best too!! And everyone else that has Doxies as their main enemies 🤣

#406 October, 2019, 06:27 pm.

4 doxies a week is a great week for me.

#506 October, 2019, 06:28 pm.

I’m happy with one.

• Abbster1Abbster1 Posts: 2
    #608 October, 2019, 05:58 am.

Agreed. Nemesis indeed. I’ve tried in many occasions to no avail. I even set my alarm and nothing. Tomorrow is another day 😉

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    #708 October, 2019, 10:30 am.

Ugh doxies. I haven’t seen 1 in a whole month.

#808 October, 2019, 06:26 pm.

Good news everyone!! There's Doxies in the wild during the brilliant event! I just caught one at 3 pm, haha💜

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    #908 October, 2019, 06:53 pm.

@JulieJubz I just caught one too at dusk and I was super happy. I finally have a chance to get those critters, finish the SOS task and place the image.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #1009 October, 2019, 02:14 am.

@JulieJubz way to go on the Doxies. I found 2 this morning and 1 this afternoon after the brilliant event.

Wishing everyone a full registry of Doxies

• GjukessonGjukesson Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1109 October, 2019, 01:31 pm.

Yeah, I godt a doxy late at night yesterday, and a werewolf and two vampires in the middle of the day today.

Of course, I used the tonic for trace detection. That could help you find more doxies outside of the events, too.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #1210 October, 2019, 03:31 am.

I got my 25th Doxie today. I got to prestige the page. Yeah! Now I need to get 50?!😖

#1310 October, 2019, 03:38 am.

@Owlx Congratulations!

Wait, you need 50 next?! 😧

*Sighs and talks to self * One step at a time. Deep breaths. We’ll get there...eventually...

😂

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    #1410 October, 2019, 05:29 am.

@Imaginatio here's the bronze, please ignore my captures 😅

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited October 10 #1510 October, 2019, 06:41 am.

@Owlx @Imaginatio Just wait until you get the page to silver 😉@imaginarykurera

#1610 October, 2019, 06:49 am.

@MtPollux my guess is 100 doxies?

#1710 October, 2019, 09:55 am.

@Bormacska you guessed it!

It will take me a while to get that page to gold, but I imagine then it will take 200 of them. Something to look forward to.

#1810 October, 2019, 10:44 am.

@Bormacska, @MtPollux This is going to be a long journey 😂

Thanks for sharing the information on the frames😊

#1910 October, 2019, 01:43 pm.

noooooooooooooooo *goes cry in corner*

#2010 October, 2019, 01:54 pm.

@JulieJubz One step at a time. We can do it. We’ll get there...eventually.

#2110 October, 2019, 03:08 pm.

@JulieJubz this is where the long term planning starts to visit people who see them regularly! Perhaps with a little jet lag that helps you be up at odd hours to catch said doxy!

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #2210 October, 2019, 03:57 pm.

So far the only "event special" Doxy I caught was while using the Trace Tonic. The low-level oddities this dusk were all pixies, leprechauns or Azkaban escapees (not sure how an armed Dark wizard only counts as low-level, but add a silly costume and it suddenly gains an orange plume)

#2310 October, 2019, 04:59 pm.

If you all want to plan a visit to Massachusetts (USA), I'll be happy to take you to some good doxy hunting spots. We're lucky enough to see all of the oddities here pretty regularly.

#2410 October, 2019, 07:29 pm.

@MtPollux I'll take you up on that. I have family in Mass and I might be stopping by next year! (also, where in Mass?)

#2511 October, 2019, 02:41 am.

I just read the details of this months Community day event and you guys will definitely find it useful.

@JulieJubz we may finally have a good chance of getting somewhere with these hard to find critters 😊

#2611 October, 2019, 03:11 am.

@JulieJubz I'm in Western MA, near Springfield. Definitely let me know if you come up this way!

#2711 October, 2019, 02:11 pm.

@MtPollux we used to live in Marlborough! That's why I speak english. I was a little kid when we lived there :D

@Imaginatio I saw that!! Super excited.

#2811 October, 2019, 04:15 pm.

@JulieJubz 😁

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    #2912 October, 2019, 09:10 pm.

(My previous comment should read "Dawn" instead of "Dusk", but it took ages to be approved and I couldn't edit it afterwards.)

One annoying thing during this Brilliant week is the increased number of Oddities at all times. During Dawn, seeing an Oddity trace without a plume used to mean a Doxy.

At the moment, it seems that even during Dawn, 90% of basic Oddity traces are Pixies... it's extremely annoying.

We're apparently going to see more Doxies... during "Community day", so all of three hours.

We already need 25 of the pests to be able to Prestige the page to Bronze, what's the point of keeping them that rare? And more Pixies ? At equivalent page ranks we needed ONE. On Bronze we need ten.

All that to increase play time at little expense.

#3012 October, 2019, 09:12 pm.

I totally agree! Also, without the tonic, all I get now is pixies, basically. So I'm also a little sad that so far that I know of, doxies have to be found using the tonic.