suggestion for help keeping track of foundables

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 06 October, 2019, 05:19 am.

currently, if you tap a foundable in your registry page, you will see (along with a brief description of that foundable’s relevance in canon) the date and general location of the FIRST time you received a fragment for that foundable.

i would suggest that the developers also add the date and general location of the most recent previous time, ie., the LAST time, you captured a fragment for that foundable. this will help you gauge exactly how rare (for you specifically) the spawn rate is for that foundable.

that information might be helpful to you in determining whether to use a certain potion, or not, in trying to capture a fragment in the next time you encounter it. for example, if i can see that it has been over 3-4 weeks since i last encountered the harp or the boggart cabinet, then i might just tell myself to spend the potion on it the next time i see it, even if ordinarily the threat (difficulty) level is not that big

thanks

Comments

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭
    #205 October, 2019, 11:56 am.

@kiheikid I like this idea. Seems like you like a wizards log where we could see the date/time/location/weather/result of every foundable interaction. If we were investigating the calamity wouldn't we all be keeping this information. Then it could be sortable/filterable to try to glean information from it.

I started writing a whole paragraph on implementing such a system but caught myself. I seriously need to break my mind out of the habit of thinking that way.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭
    #305 October, 2019, 05:07 pm.

does not have to be the app’s log of every foundable interaction

just have each placed image or not-yet-placed image “ghost” contain basic data on most recent encounter for each foundable with at least one fragment placed in registry, so we can track how long has it been since then and where (generally) it was that we last encountered it successfully (not sure how to track unsuccesful ones, ie those that disintegrate on you)

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #406 October, 2019, 05:19 am.

I did notice it does show our first encounter, but no idea the mechanics of possibly changing that to the most recent encounter. It would be especially helpful on the higher severity foundables.