Fighting Forces Brilliant Event Details

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
edited October 2019 in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 22 November, 2019, 10:31 pm.

Hey everyone! We have more details about the Fighting Forces Brilliant Event to share.

There will be six new Foundables on the Malfoy Manor Event Registry Page.

Here is where you can find them:

• Brilliant Oddity Encounters: Brilliant Death Eater and Brilliant Azkaban Escapee
  • Wizarding Challenge Reward using Brilliant Event Runestone: Malfoy Family Crest
  • Quest Rewards: Death Eater Mask and Azkaban Prison Number
  • Portkey Rewards: Ollivander in Chains

In addition, the following Oddities will have an increased likelihood of appearing on the Map: 

• Death Eater 
  • Azkaban Escapee
  • Pixie
  • Erkling

During this event, there will be a 25% reduction in brewing times for all Estimulo Potions and the Healing Potions. This will be a great week to tackle difficult Wizarding Challenges since replenishing your Potions vault will be much quicker! 

There also will be a free store pack in Diagon Alley 😁

I can’t wait to play! Be sure to use your Tonic for Trace detection to increase your chances of seeing Oddities. Oddities in October, it has a nice ring to it!

Post edited by hpwulola on

Comments

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #204 October, 2019, 10:54 pm.

Thanks for the update @HPWULola , looking forward to seeing the Death Eaters and Azkaban Escapee!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #304 October, 2019, 11:01 pm.

@HPWULola That’s awesome! Thanks for the details.😊 I can’t wait to see the Brilliant death eater and Azkaban escapee. Plus a Diagon alley pack and the decreased brewing times is amazing!

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
    #404 October, 2019, 11:03 pm.

Yes, I agree! I bet we can get some spooky AR photos white battling the Death Eaters and Azkaban Escapee 😱

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #605 October, 2019, 01:27 am.

@HPWULola oddities fit for an Auror, hurray!

With our full moon being during this event it is a shame werewolves won't spawn more frequently during it as well.

Post edited by Ginnungagap on
  • BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #705 October, 2019, 05:28 am.

@HPWULola thanks for the update! Definitely looking forward to seeing all the new oddities and fun new images posted!

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 60 ✭✭
    #905 October, 2019, 08:40 am.

Read a rumor that week 1 free store pack contains 1 red spellbook and 15 spell energy. Hope this rumor is not correct.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1005 October, 2019, 08:51 am.

I think it’s great we get free stuff in the first place.

Any red books are always welcome!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1105 October, 2019, 08:54 am.

hi lola, i think you meant say SIX, not five, new foundables for that malfoy manor event registry page

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1205 October, 2019, 10:06 am.

*Zooki does a happy dance!!* @Acumen LOL! That escapee is done for.

• Selfd3struct5Selfd3struct5 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1305 October, 2019, 12:43 pm.

are the death eater and escapee both brilliant foundables? I’m wondering if there are going to be a new oddity foundable page.

Also, could I get some reactions so that I can post the link for our local discord?

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1405 October, 2019, 05:44 pm.

I'm really looking forward to this event!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1505 October, 2019, 07:37 pm.

Ooommmmgoodness! Fighting the death eaters outside!! Thats gonna b awesome! I wonder as Brilliants are they gonna b like confoundables to catch- or as oddities they will be unable to flee like the others?

Either way I'm soooo looking forward to the event starting!! Can't wait!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1605 October, 2019, 07:42 pm.

@AuroraKadavra I'm hoping they're like oddities, and won't flee!! Fingers crossed.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1705 October, 2019, 08:08 pm.

Me too @Dogoutlaw - that would be epic! A full week of fighting them when they can't flee would be such a great change to the others like the sorting hat or the Hogwarts students, which I think we all struggled with at times with them fleeing & draining lots of energy. So it really would be fantastic if they are like usual oddities!

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #1805 October, 2019, 08:39 pm.

Slight spoilers, readers beware

💀

It looks like we'd better see more of a certain ingredient if we want to complete those events... As is, I'm lucky I can even go past the first quest. Otherwise, I'd have to pay for that far-too-rare ingredient.

💀

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1906 October, 2019, 12:18 am.

@HPWULola thank you for the sneak peek. Sounds like the HPWU team but a lot of thought and work into this event. Excited the new foundables are in oddities.

I've got my cauldron bubbling overtime and walking my 2km portkey portmanteaus making room for brilliant portkeys.

Will the brilliant portkeys portmanteau look different?

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2006 October, 2019, 04:58 pm.

OMG! Wait, the fact that there's reduced times for the healing potion as well... does that mean that the Death Eaters and Azkaban escapee's actually pack a punch when we fight them?? Because I would soo love that. Mwahahah.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2106 October, 2019, 05:06 pm.

@JulieJubz that’s actually what I’m hoping! Brilliants are usually so hard, I feel like these should be too, even if they are oddities. Either they hit hard, have much more stamina than usual, or both. Can’t wait!!

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2206 October, 2019, 05:07 pm.

@Dogoutlaw if that's the case, I think this brilliant event will be my favorite out of all of them so far! It will be a little more like the day of dragons, and that one was already super cool, although the dragons didn't pack a punch yet, haha

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭
    #2307 October, 2019, 12:51 am.

Looking forward to this brilliant event! Glad we get the dark arts theme in October like the Death Eater takeover in The Wizarding World in Orlando, FL. I am going to enjoy this one the most of all of them I think,

• TimofeefBTimofeefB Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2407 October, 2019, 08:06 am.

For an event starting tomorrow, it is disappointing to not see an entry in the Special Assignments tab yet. Players who don't frequent forums and chats have no idea what is coming.

In the past, events were vidible a week in advance. Whats up with that?

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2507 October, 2019, 09:36 am.

There is another thread which explains the issue with not displaying the event - in essence, the information is pushed via update to the phone / pad and people have been mining the information and publishing beforehand

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #2607 October, 2019, 10:37 am.

@DubiousAffairs same. There does seem to be an increased drop in the other ingredients, except that elusive one. Considering it’s needed in both parts, I do hope we get that ingredient.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #2707 October, 2019, 10:42 am.

Only a few hours to go and nothing on the app itself except a pop up that disappears? I hope I got the time conversion right. Still no elusive ingredient.

#2807 October, 2019, 12:04 pm.

question: if the brilliant azkaban escapee and brilliant death eater encounters will be “mini-battles” like the regular oddity encounters, will the former also trigger the reward summary skip and rank up freeze like the latter due to the 2.4.0 calamity* ?

(i posted this question before in another thread but i can no longer find it ... maybe it was removed because it was posted with a graphic from south park)

(* finally an apt description)

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2907 October, 2019, 04:25 pm.

I would imagine, if the escapee and death eaters behave like any other oddities, they will indeed trigger the bug that requires restarting the app. The good news is I saw someone post that if you skip the post-knockout animation on an oddity, the bug isn't triggered. I've been testing this for a few days now, and it seems to work. It's not a fix, but at least it's a decent workaround until we get one.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3007 October, 2019, 04:31 pm.

@kiheikid If they are like regular oddity encounters, there is a way to avoid triggering the bugs: when you win the battle, as soon as you see the "success" message, tap to skip the ending animation. If you don't let the oddity animation play, then the summary skip and registry freeze bugs won't happen. This was pointed out by someone in another thread (maybe @Acumen? I don't recall), and since I learned this I've only had the bugs show up one time when I actually let an oddity's animation play rather than skipping it right away.

Like you, I'm anxiously awaiting a fix to the bug, but by using this trick I've been able to completely avoid the bugs which has removed the huge frustration factor for me of having to restart the app all the time. It's not perfect, but at least it will help us to play and enjoy the new event.

#3107 October, 2019, 06:39 pm.

hmm, so i can tap out during oddity encounter before rewards animation (and thereby miss out on oddity encounter rewards animation, but preserve rewards animation sequences for subsequent trace encounters (and repeat, if oddity) without rebooting, or i can let the oddity encounter rewards animation play out but then suffer skipped rewards animation for subsequent trace encounters unless and until i reboot ??

seems like a pick-your-poison situation, but i guess i can decide based on circumstances which is the lesser evil (circumstances such as if there were many other traces on screen at time i tapped oddity trace, or if there is no convenient place to stop and wait out the reboot sequence of your phone)

thanks for sharing that observation