Get Ready for the Fighting Forces Brilliant Event!

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 874 admin
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 08 October, 2019, 06:56 pm.

Hi everyone! As you all know, the first week of the Fighting Forces Brilliant Event will start next week. This event will be super exciting because we will be facing brand new Brilliant Oddity Encounters! In addition, this is the first Brilliant Event where certain potions will have reduced brew times all week long. We will be releasing more specifics soon, so stay tuned 😊 Also, as with all Brilliant Events, be sure to make room in your vault for Brilliant Portkeys.

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #204 October, 2019, 05:29 pm.

Woohoo, I wondered if it would be oddities!! Fun! Thanks for the update @HPWULola , really looking forward to these events!

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭
    #304 October, 2019, 05:39 pm.

Brilliant oddities!! Sooo exciting! And reduced potion brewing times the whole week. I’m in love already. Thanks for some news @HPWULola! Been dying for an update. 😆

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #404 October, 2019, 05:45 pm.

I can't wait to **** down some brilliant dragons 😉

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #504 October, 2019, 05:51 pm.

I'm ready to see the new brilliant frames, promise to be good I will! 😎

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #604 October, 2019, 06:03 pm.

Can’t wait! Thanks @HPWULola

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #704 October, 2019, 06:32 pm.

Finally something! Thank you @HPWULola. Hope the reduced brew time also comes with ingredient drops (jeesh never satisfied am I)

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #804 October, 2019, 06:45 pm.

Nice. Oddity events are the coolest!

• MelewenMelewen Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited October 2019 #904 October, 2019, 06:48 pm.

It's only four days out? When will this show up on the Special Events page in the app? I only found out about this accidentally as I'm rarely in the forums. A little heads-up to start clearing out portkeys would be nice.

#1004 October, 2019, 06:59 pm.

@Melewen, there was notification of the upcoming brilliant event in the 2.4.0 release notes posted on the offiial site, all social media platforms, and in the app store on September 24. Plus there's this update, so it seems the heads up has been delivered successfully. I need to clear my portkeys too, but shouldn't have much trouble getting that done over the weekend. Good luck!

• MelewenMelewen Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1104 October, 2019, 07:07 pm.

There's no need to be condescending. There's no good reason the event can't already be listed in the actual app. I'm not asking for all the details weeks in advance -- I'm just asking for the dates in a place that is easy to find. It's not even on the official website's events page!

#1204 October, 2019, 08:07 pm.

Didn't mean to come off as condescending, @Melewen, but rather as matter-of-fact. I apologize and I'll try to word my replies more carefully. I'm glad you did find the update about the Brilliant Event, even if it isn't how you would have preferred to receive it. Again, good luck!

• jebumejebume Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #1504 October, 2019, 09:30 pm.

I’m excited for the brilliant event and already have planned where I will spend the precious green books ;-)

• RuthlessmooseRuthlessmoose Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1604 October, 2019, 09:32 pm.

@Acumen it absolutely was not shared on all social media platforms. The only place I found it was on the discord after a WUtuber I watch mentioned it. Then someone else shared THAT onto Reddit. There needs to be official announcements on all social media platforms as well as in the game if they really want people to be able to make plans to participate in events.

And how many people really read the update notes in the play store? They just click update and move on LoL

#1704 October, 2019, 09:46 pm.

I totally get where both you and @melewen are coming from, @DubiousAffairs. Just because I'm cool with the level of communication doesn't mean everyone else has to be, so I don't want to try and discourage anyone from sharing their opinions. It's true that in-app alerts are the best way to notify players of upcoming Brilliant events, and I think they've done a pretty good job at that so far, with the exception of this event. Some players are upset that they don't see the usual coming soon banner in the special assignments screen like we've seen with past Brilliant events, and their feelings are valid. Personally though, I just don't think it's a big deal, but that's just me.

@Ruthlessmoose, I wouldn't have stated that the 2.4.0 release notes which included the announcement about the upcoming Brilliant event was shared on social media without first having confirmed that they were in fact shared on social media. Here's the link to the Twitter post, and if you check their Facebook page you'll see it there too. Why would you insist I'm wrong about something like that before confirming it yourself? That's just silly. And sorry, I guess I just assumed everyone reads the update notes because we want to know what bugs have been fixed or what new content we can expect to see.

#1804 October, 2019, 09:56 pm.

Oh, and it was shared on the Reddit sub, as well. Those are the only Platforms I check, so I don't know if it was posted on others. Still, even with just those three, plus the community site, that's covering pretty much all the bases. The only thing that's missing is the coming soon banner on the Special Assignments screen in the game as we've seen with past Brilliant events, so I'll give you that one.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1904 October, 2019, 09:59 pm.

@HPWULola Awesome. Can’t wait for the event to begin and see what’s in store with regards to the Brilliant oddities! 😊

• RipgardianRipgardian Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited October 2019 #2004 October, 2019, 10:15 pm.

@Acumen I can back you up that info regarding the dates for October Events has been out and about for over a week, but I cannot honestly recall which source I first saw it mentioned ... had to also add I that i tried the link you just posted for 2.4.0 update and I'm not seeing mention of Oct Event?

Either way, in my own playing circles we were more of the concensus that we enjoyed knowing as little as possible, and liked the idea of a surprise CONTENT release. We have found 1 week usually more than ample to make our way through the tasks. Often folks get through it in the first few days. Knowing the dates at least a week ahead seems just enough to prep yourself by clearing some portkey slots for brilliants. The rest has never seemed a difficult work through.

IMHO

#2104 October, 2019, 10:30 pm.

@Acumen I am betting that the data for it to show in the coming soon would have allowed it to be data mined. Hopefully they will change that so it can be shown and they can keep some secrets to surprise us with.

• Gessica343Gessica343 Posts: 2
    #2204 October, 2019, 10:32 pm.

Thanks. I love the Brilliant events!

#2304 October, 2019, 10:49 pm.

You're totally right, @Ripgardian, good catch. I linked to the wrong page for the release notes on this site. You might be right @Ginnungagap. I don't think it would be necessary to send all the event data across in order to display a coming soon banner, so I think the users complaining have a valid point. Still, you're probably correct that there's a valid reason of some sort.

#2404 October, 2019, 11:13 pm.

@Acumen I agree it isn't really necessary. I am just betting they have some event object which includes a date and everything else associated. Those event objects which have dates in the future show in coming soon, the ones which are current show under special events, the object is the same. To implement it the way we think makes sense, they would need to separate how those two pieces get their information. I hate that I can no longer think about games like this without thinking in programming implementation contexts.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2505 October, 2019, 09:08 am.

again with the jumping down the throat of someone here who wishes for more and dares to be anything less than a rah-rah-rah booster ??

we can love the game overall and still be dissatisfied with elements/aspects that need improvement ... this forum should not be a stepford community that pounces on anyone not wearing rose-colored lenses

i too would have liked more advanced notice, but perhaps the developers were too busy lately trying to put out the 2.4.0 dumpster fires they set

#2605 October, 2019, 09:10 am.

^ i’m with you, @Melewen and @DubiousAffairs

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2705 October, 2019, 10:21 am.

Thanks @HPWULola Cant wait for the Brilliant Event. Been busy prepping for it 😊

@Acumen woah! Man u took some flack there- but handled with your usual grace & aplomb!

There are always things to complain about & raise concerns. The game is free, you don't have to play!! If you post concerns in app feedback they listen. So yeh, it's not perfect, but it's a game- so it always beffudles me the level of anger some people get to on this. If what happens angers & annoys you that much- don't play? Otherwise- a modicum of patience with a new game perhaps?

#2805 October, 2019, 11:04 am.

so, if you pay, you are allowed to complain or criticize, but if you don’t pay, you have to shut up and suffer, or worse yet, pretend you like having to reboot your phone multiple times a day in order to play the same game that was working just fine before the update that crashes if you don’t first re-boot ?

(light bulb goes on)

edited October 2019 #2905 October, 2019, 11:27 am.

So I said this in another thread and it died. I feel like I should repeat it. Let's talk about the game and how we can make it better. There is no need to make things personal on any level. The devs are doing their best and the issues at present have been acknowledged. There is also no need to attack other players. Players brining criticism is the best way to continue to improve the game we all play. so please let our discussions be about the game, what we like and don't like. Let's not make assumptions on intent, knowledge, blame, etc. Leave the negativity directed at people at the keyboard and not in the forumg@kiheikidD

#3005 October, 2019, 11:46 am.

I tried to write this post before, but my phone added a mention and I have the hardest time trying to remove those. Eventually trying to remove it seemed to just break my whole post which disappeared and isn't in my drafts. So now on my keyboard where I won't have annyoing things added...

I have said this once before and killed a thread accidentally while doing it. However, please everybody let's focus on the game. Those who would like to provide criticism for the game provide the best/only opportunity for its improvement. Criticizing the devs or other players adds absolutely no value. We should not make assumptions or place blame as noone knows the full context. We know issues have been acknowledged by Niantec and they shared what they will share about them. If we want to criticize the amount of communication that is ok too and I would largely agree. However, it goes to far if it becomes an attack on developers/admins/players. So let's not attack players when they have issues with the game they would like to discuss and let us not attack the staff who are trying to do their jobs AND make us happy. I can't think of any company that would WANT to upset their customers or make a bad product, so recognize the intent as good even if it isn't easy to understand. Everything I have seen seems to be born out of a good place wanting things to be better. I have not seen any outright trolls. Let's be civil and have fun 😁