Welcoming Wandering Wizards

GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 14 October, 2019, 09:27 am.

This post is birthed from an idea due to the difficulties people are having at completing the SOS task for a 3 wizard fortress run.

I and likely many other wizards travel on a semi-regular basis. I think we can take advantage of this. If you would like a wandering wizard to potentially meet up when they are in your area, simply let us know what major metro area you are in/around. Those who are planning to travel and might enjoy meeting up and potentially getting some local information from someone in the know, can look at this thread and find out if there are wizards who are interested in meeting up in that area.

Hopefully, this will help expand the ability for people to form groups for those who would like to.

My wife and I are near Cleveland, Ohio. USA and would love to meetup with those who are passing through.

Tagged:

Comments

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    #227 September, 2019, 05:15 pm.

Good idea . I’m from Carmarthen, Wales, UK. Willing to travel as far as Swansea or Cardiff if necessary. More than happy to meet those that wish to sample the delights of West Wales!

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    #327 September, 2019, 05:21 pm.

Seattle, WA surrounding area here and can possibly bring along one or two others from my group if given enough notice. 😊

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #427 September, 2019, 06:03 pm.

Birmingham UK - can travel

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #527 September, 2019, 06:35 pm.

What a fab idea!! ❤️

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #628 September, 2019, 11:08 pm.

If anyone ever comes to Brazil... :D

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    #729 September, 2019, 12:26 pm.

@JulieJubz I'd love to. I could play with @JPLacerda again too.

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited September 30 #830 September, 2019, 01:25 am.

That's such a great idea!

I'll be in London, UK, in October.

@Dewin99 , I am a huge fan of Wales. Wish I could go to Carmarthen, but it won't be possible this time. I travelled a lot around Gwynedd years ago and absolutely love it. Didn't have the chance to visit West Wales yet - just Cardiff, in the South - but would love to.

@JulieJubz , one day we could perhaps set up a Wizards Unite day in São Paulo! I bet there are a lot more players around SP than there are in Rio. I rarely see fortresses active here...

#930 September, 2019, 03:25 pm.

@EowynRio That would be soooooooooo cool. I'd wanna work on THAT project! then @Ginnungagap and the others can come over and we can all play together 🤩

#1030 September, 2019, 03:52 pm.

@JulieJubz yes, let's work on that project! 😀🤩

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1130 September, 2019, 08:06 pm.

Hey!!!!! Count me in @JulieJubz !! What a dream trip that would be! 😍

#1230 September, 2019, 10:01 pm.

Of course @AuroraKadavra!! Seriously, just come visit even without a huge event 😁!!!

#1330 September, 2019, 10:42 pm.

@AuroraKadavra Absolutely! You are more than welcome! 😁

#1402 October, 2019, 04:15 pm.

@JulieJubz @EowynRio - can't wait!! Let's get this show on the road!! Lol

#1508 October, 2019, 08:49 pm.

@AuroraKadavra @Dogoutlaw @Acumen @Imaginatio @ZookiTabooki

What major metros are you guys around? If I travel to the area, I'd totally love meeting up somewhere for some drinks and fortress battles!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1608 October, 2019, 08:59 pm.

I'm in Amarillo. Nothing exciting nearby, and no reason to come this way unless you're just passing through on I-40. I also have to travel for work occasionally, so I'll definitely post where I'm headed when I do. Usually Dallas, Albuquerque, Tulsa, or Nashville.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8 #1708 October, 2019, 09:06 pm.

@Ginnungagap Toronto, Ontario here. Would love to spend a few hours with friends gaming. Be sure to look me up should you come my way.

#1808 October, 2019, 09:09 pm.

Oh @Ginnungagap I wish i were in the states to meet up with you guys!! I know a few of u are based there. Ive often thought how great it would be if we could all meet up & do some fortress battling & just for the fun of getting together!

Unfortunately i live in the UK in Lancashire, Preston. So an imminent meet up rather difficult, but i am planning on visit USA later next year, so i would love to tie it in with a meet up if we can.

We'd all make an awesome tesm in the fotress i reckon!! 😀

#1908 October, 2019, 09:34 pm.

@Ginnungagap oh hmmm... metro area... LOL the nearest "city" would have to be Spokane. Not exactly close by, but it's the closest we have. I think it more likely I will need to travel elsewhere to meet up with any of you! But hopefully we can arrange a meetup at some point!

@AuroraKadavra Don't say "unfortunately!" I'd LOVE to go over there and meet you for some wizarding fun!

edited October 8 #2008 October, 2019, 10:11 pm.

@ZookiTabooki Wait you're in Toronto?? I might be able to game with you next year!! My brother lives there.

@AuroraKadavra I'm going to Norway next year and there MIGHT.... MIGHT be a small possibility of me skipping around... so maybe...???

#2108 October, 2019, 10:42 pm.

@JulieJubz That's wonderful! Does he play? Either way, keep me in mind when you come up. So cool!

#2208 October, 2019, 10:51 pm.

@ZookiTabooki he does not. He just had a kid last year though, so once my nephew gets a little older I'll totally talk him into playing with his auntie 🤣 but that might take years haha.

But yes! Omg, totally, I would love to meet up and play. We are probably going to visit for my nephew's birthday, maybe earlier (sometime in June?), so yeah! Absolutely doable. haha.

#2308 October, 2019, 11:20 pm.

@ZookiTabooki my wife and I go over to Kingsville for the wineries every now and then. One of my groomsmen is from Toronto so we may well do a trip with him and head over to Toronto.

@AuroraKadavra We try to do 2 international trips a year and Ireland/Scotland/UK is high up on that itinerary. So that may well happen in the next year.

@Dogoutlaw My cousin lives near Seattle, so we may well head out that way at some point in the near future as well.

@Acumen you unfortunately would be the most difficult to visit. I don't have much around Texas to visit.

#2408 October, 2019, 11:32 pm.

@Ginnungagap It's a bit of a drive between Seattle and Spokane! But if you do head out this way, great!! Home for me is the Portland area, all my family is there. So that's a very doable location for me. Any excuse to visit home is fine by me!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭
    #2508 October, 2019, 11:34 pm.

@Ginnungagap I’m a UK player.

#2608 October, 2019, 11:37 pm.

@Imaginatio I will add you to my list. I also want to go to Australia, can meet up with @WerewolfChaser

@Dogoutlaw its on the way when driving cross country 😉. Can visit more that way hehehe.

#2708 October, 2019, 11:38 pm.

@Ginnungagap Ah, yes, fair enough!

#2808 October, 2019, 11:40 pm.

@Ginnungagap Nice! Kingsville is still a good 3.5 hour drive from Toronto but it's all highway! Should you come to town, definitely let me know. My wife and I aren't big on wine but we love our high tea. Perhaps we can arrange a meet. Keep me in mind.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭
    #2909 October, 2019, 01:34 am.
    #3009 October, 2019, 03:56 am.

@dogoutlaw you'd be more than welcime to come here ! Guest bedroom is made up & if you can put up with the rubbish weather it would be great to go out wizarding!! 😀

#3114 October, 2019, 02:53 am.

@AuroraKadavra your weather is no worse than the PNW as far as I’m concerned. I love it there and have survived two Irish winters without incident. It’ll be fine!