Buckbeak

Vince42DEVince42DE Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 28 September, 2019, 09:35 pm.

Hi,

it is really odd: I prestiged already almost everything to silver, but were not able to find Buckbeak once!

Is there any trick in finding him? Better even finding him eleven times ... :)))

I am quite desperate ... I also hardly run across any Doxies; just managed to **** one once.

It really makes me wonder, whether I am doing something wrong.

Cheers

Vince

Comments

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #226 September, 2019, 03:59 am.

@Vince42DE Hi, I completely agree. I saw my first Buckbeak about a month ago and I now have 3 fragments. As rare as they get. I only find doxys when the weather says Dawn but they don't show up every day. If you see one you have a good chance you'll see a few. Happy hunting.

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    #326 September, 2019, 05:26 am.

@Vince42DE this is the only map/trace foundable I have never encountered. I’m curious if there are specific times, weather patterns, or geographic conditions that this specific hippogriff prefers. Don’t remember anything like that being in the books, but it’s been a while since my last read.

I do find it very curious that I see the regular hippogriffs quite often but have yet to stumble upon a single Buckbeak. Hoping my luck will change sometime soon.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #426 September, 2019, 05:38 pm.

Unlike all the other exploration families in the registry (except oddities, because they're special) it's the second page on Care of Magical Creatures (Pumpkin Patch) that's easiest to Prestige, not the top page (Hagrid's Hut). That page is tough for everyone, and it's entirely because of Buckbeak. I've placed all the other images on that page, but still only have 6 Buckbeak fragments. The last time I saw Buckbeak, I was at Taco Bell. Apparently hippogriffs dig nachos.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #526 September, 2019, 09:52 pm.

@Acumen Ahippogriff eating Nachos, just imagine. So cool.

I haven’t seen Buckbeak in a while either. Hopefully I’ll see him soon, I’ve only got one fragment so far.

• Vince42DEVince42DE Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #628 September, 2019, 06:57 am.

Thank you all for your comments!

I will keep searching and hopefully find traces one fine day - and if not, I will just quit playing. 😋

It seems to be reasonable that Doxies show up during dawn - at least it was dawn, when I saw the trace of the one and only trace during that time.

Regarding Buckbeak I decided to put a big Taco Bell sign at my door ... HTH ... 😂😂😂

• SkaanaSkaana Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #728 September, 2019, 09:35 pm.

@Vince42DE , @Acumen , @Herm10neG92 ,@ZookiTabooki . Im having that issue as well.... only 4 Pegasus frags, and 5 hut frags. I picked up 3 Buckbeak pieces at Fanfest..... my son nabbed the 4th one day in the car. And that is it! None since.

that being said, my success rate of Prestiging frames is so-so.... most of my Ranks are in the 20's for my registry. And I still have 1 unknown in the Ministry II frame.

Im not quite sure how to crack this nut, the one of completing each and every frame, at least one time over. Oddities? Ive been at +65 for 3 weeks now.... the life of an Auror I suppose.