Game Update: 2.4.0 Release Notes

edited September 24 in Announcements #1 latest comment 12 October, 2019, 11:01 am.

Hi Everyone!

We have updated Harry Potter: Wizards Unite to app version 2.4.0. Check out all of the latest additions and bug fixes below:

New Features:

Brilliant Event: Fighting Forces:

• Get ready to earn more Restricted Section Books and unlock a new Portkey location with October’s Brilliant Event: Fighting Forces! Week 1 will be from 10/8 - 10/14 and Week 2 will be from 10/22 - 10/28.

Encounters:

• When you successfully cast a spell and return a Foundable, you will now be able to skip through the return animation by tapping on the screen. This will only be possible once you have already returned 1 fragment of a Foundable.

Greenhouses:

• You can now tap to skip the pot shuffling animation when you visit a Greenhouse

Registry:

• Bogrod the Goblin is now available in Photo Mode

Portrait:

• You will no longer have to tap each Lens, Frames, or Stickers in your Ministry ID Portrait to dismiss the new item badge (red dot)

Portkeys:

• If you open multiple Portkeys at once, you will now only get one dialog box to let you know you have unlocked one or more Portkeys.
  • The Portkey Rewards screen will show even if you’re unable to tap 5 wrackspurts or you leave the Portkey unexpectedly.

Ministry ID:

• Tap and hold Achievement badges in your Ministry ID to get a reminder of which Achievement you completed to receive the badge

Wizarding Challenges:

• Added Spell Energy to rewards if you win a Wizarding Challenge at a Sponsored Fortresses

Bug Fixes:

Wizarding Challenges:

• Fixed an issue with Recommended Grade for Chambers being displayed in red text if the player’s Grade is equal to the recommended Grade

Potions:

• Fixed an issue where players may become stuck in the Potions Tutorial if they tap the ladle before the Tutorial sequence reaches the Master Notes section

SOS Assignments

• [Beta Players] Players who were in beta before SOS Assignments were introduced are unable to complete the Mysteries tasks
  • Fixed an issue where progress for the SOS Assignment: ‘Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges with 3 Teammates’ wasn’t consistently recorded.

General:

• Fixed an issue where players would receive a message that there isn't enough space on their device to "Download All Assets", even if there's adequate space available on their device
  • Fixed an issue with the “Download All Assets” occasionally failing

Known Issues:

Achievements:

• The “Friends Listed 1: Have 1 Friend in Your Friends List” Achievement may not appear completed until an hour has passed

Wizarding Challenges

• Foes may appear to receive Stamina or have negative Stamina after being attacked or defeated

Ministry ID

• Players may receive a black screen when switching from the app in Gallery Mode, to take a photo from the device’s camera roll, then going back to the app
  • Player’s Portrait may become inverted when taking a photo in the Ministry ID

Registry

• Foundables that are not from Encounters can sometimes have a high Seen number, even if they are not Seen in Encounters
  • Foundables in Photo Mode may flip around when a player taps on the Foundable to reposition

Potions:

• Potion Brewing Queue slots may disappear after collecting a Potion and immediately attempting to brew another Potion. Exiting the Potions section fixes this issue.

General:

• Player may receive an error if they attempt to add an emoji to their Codename or to their First/Last Name (Ministry ID Name)
Post edited by HPWULola on

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    #224 September, 2019, 06:27 pm.

@HPWULola Thanks for the update on the app and the details for the new Brilliant event, I can’t wait. Plus those fixes and new features are a great addition, so thank you to all the HPWU team for making those changes. You all are awesome 😊

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    #324 September, 2019, 06:38 pm.

Yay! Love some of these updates! Will have to download later and give it a spin!

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    #424 September, 2019, 07:36 pm.

So excited! Thanks so much @HPWULola for listening to so many of our concerns and implementing them with the devs. Awesome to feel heard :) Can’t wait to see these new updates going forward.

#624 September, 2019, 08:19 pm.

@HPWULola I just remembered you saying the new update would address the SOS Group Challenge Task but I don’t see anything about that here. Did I miss something?

#724 September, 2019, 08:24 pm.

@Herm10neG92 Look under Bug Fixes. Is that not what you're looking for?

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    #824 September, 2019, 08:26 pm.

@HPWULola I’m not seeing the update yet. Delay over here? Location: India

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 24 #924 September, 2019, 08:26 pm.

@HPWULola The ability to skip the repeated animations!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

@Herm10neG92 It will now record correctly for everybody. If you do the tower with two other people you will now receive credit.

#1024 September, 2019, 08:29 pm.

@Dogoutlaw Not enough coffee today for me 🤪 @HPWULola Feel free to delete my comments. Thanks!!

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #1124 September, 2019, 08:42 pm.

@HPWULola I discovered that although you don't need to click on each item to dispel the red dot from the portrait, it appears you do need to visit the category. This meant I had to take a picture so I could get to the stickers and then cancel out in order for the red dot to go away. Simply visiting the portrait area was not enough on its own.

• #1224 September, 2019, 08:50 pm.

@Herm10neG92 No worries, there is a lot of information in this release! @Ginnungagap Ability to skip animations is quite the game-changer, pun intended 😜

• #1324 September, 2019, 08:59 pm.

@Ginnungagap Re: Portrait photo, yes this is true. This fix gives us the tools to get rid of the red dots in an easier way, but it still involves a few steps on the players' end.

#1424 September, 2019, 09:06 pm.

@HPWULola I don't see the update yet in the iOS app store. Is that one delayed for some reason? It's still showing 2.3.2.

• TenaciousDeeTenaciousDee Posts: 1
    #1524 September, 2019, 09:58 pm.

HPWU has once again given players exactly what we want. Two huge QoL updates for hardcore players in skip animations and energy return in sponsored Fortresses and one sweet flavor update in Bogrod selfies. Very, very good. As lame as it has been to have had an entire month devoid of events, it has been pleasantly filled with tweaks that will benefit players for years to come.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭
    #1624 September, 2019, 10:04 pm.

Updates are always slow from where I am, usually takes up to 24 hours. When I played Pokemon Go, the west coast would be first to get updates (which works well for Nick the Trainer). By the time it gets all the way around the world and hits the eastern time zone, it can be the following day before we see the update. So, not surprised I haven't seen it yet.

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1724 September, 2019, 10:47 pm.

Thank you for the energy rewards in sponsored fortresses! This will make me use them more when I'm closer to them!

• ChrissyBergChrissyBerg Posts: 1
    #1925 September, 2019, 02:53 am.

Add me:

9405 2874 8565

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2025 September, 2019, 04:08 am.

Many thanks to all on the Wizarding Team for these great updates!

I'm new on this forum but have played the game every day since it became available in North America. I really look forward to it every day.

• Lacey212Lacey212 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited September 25 #2125 September, 2019, 04:11 am.

@ChrissyBerg Not the appropriate place.

Thanks for working so hard to keep the game updated!!!

• VeggiemomVeggiemom Posts: 2
    #2225 September, 2019, 04:48 am.

After updating I can no longer get in. Note 10+. Uninstalled, cleared data/cache, reinstalled. Always says lost connection, returning to map. I dont even get to login screen. Doesn't matter if it's on wifi or cellular. Note 8 updated fine. Any suggestions? My Note 10+ is my main phone with service..

• WastingXWastingX Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2325 September, 2019, 05:52 am.

When will you actually release the update for iOS devices? AppStore still only lists 2.3.2 version, Pacific Northwest US

• Neo5Neo5 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2425 September, 2019, 06:43 am.

Loving the updates. Speeded up animation makes life easier on my lunch break. Thank you.

• ThBlackestNightThBlackestNight Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2525 September, 2019, 08:25 am.

Oh I am soooo looking forward to this October event!! Thank you for the updates!

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #2625 September, 2019, 09:47 am.

@HPWULola , there is another glitch: I have ranked 2 pages today - one of them Dark Arts. The ranked page freezes and doesn't lead to the rune & scroll achievement. It doesn't give you the rune either.

I noticed when I ranked Legends of Hogwarts. It froze and I had to restart the phone. Then I didn't know if I got the rune or not. I was about to rank Dark Arts so I took a screenshot of my runes in the vault. When I ranked the page, it froze and the rune was not credited. Here's the screenshots of the vault:

Before ranking the page

And after

Hope this helps the tech team to fix the glitch.

• OPHIUCHUS73OPHIUCHUS73 Posts: 2
    #2725 September, 2019, 11:11 am.

Now the skipped animation occurs automatically. What if you get a rare bonus key or potion, will it skip over that as well?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 93 ✭✭
    #2825 September, 2019, 01:03 pm.

@TenaciousDee although there was no brilliant event in September, it was hardly "a month devoid of events". Between the dragon day, a week of bonuses, and community day we have had stuff to keep us busy.

• TheRainbowBriteTheRainbowBrite Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited September 25 #2925 September, 2019, 02:37 pm.

EOWYNRIO - I had the same glitch this morning, but it resolved itself after restarting the app. Though, I think I lost out on a runestone as well, as that's when the game froze and forced me to restart it.

I'm really grateful for these fixes and updates! But I would LOVE for the Profession red dot bug to be acknowledged and fixed as well. And could we possibly skip through the departure animation in the future? Thanks for everything you do! This game is amazing 😍

• BigJoeVA68BigJoeVA68 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited September 25 #3025 September, 2019, 04:26 pm.

I have also noted the two glitches mentioned (Android). Skipping the after-win animation becomes automatic, and takes me directly back to map after defeating the Confoundable, without having to click the screen at all. I do seem to get the XP for the encounter. (This is great when running the XP boost potion in a high target area...but still concerning.)

Also, when leveling a page, the animation for the XP percentage goes up to 100% then the page freezes completely. After restarting the game, the page then shows the correct current XP, but I am not sure if I am getting the awards, although above someone said they DID NOT receive them. This happened to me multiple times yesterday, on at least 3 pages. That is troubling.

One thing I just discovered as well, you can skip the casting animation by tapping during it, IF you have defeated the Confoundable. If it resists, the full animation plays, then you trace again...

• Hushwig91Hushwig91 Posts: 4
    #3125 September, 2019, 04:27 pm.

The forces task looks good... Will help people complete there lessons too... Should be a good fun few weeks.. Would have preferred something sooner but hopefully get myself now to level 26 in next 2 weeks😊..

Also add me as a friend peeps 4368 5889 9505