September Community Day Tips

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 950 admin
edited October 2019 in Game Events #1 latest comment 23 September, 2019, 07:00 am.

Hey everyone! Our next Community Day is just around the corner. Let’s put together some tips on how to get the most out of this event 😄

One important thing to note: during this Community Day, the complimentary store pack will only be available during your three hour event window. For example, since I am playing in California, the gift will show up at 11AM on Saturday and if I do not collect it, it will disappear at 2PM. Therefore, if you are unable to play during the event, I encourage you to log on and redeem the free pack. If you are playing during the event, I would recommend redeeming the event pack towards the end of Community Day since gift items will be added to your vault even when you are at capacity 😉

Pre-community day, I plan on brewing a couple of Barrufio’s Brain Elixirs. There will be an increased chance of running into high-threat foundables, such as Hermione’s Time-Turner, and capturing these reward high XP. At the same time, I want to make sure that there is room in my Potions Vault. Brew time for Exstimulo potions is significantly reduced, especially with Master Notes, and I plan to make the most of this. If you use Master Notes while brewing, the brew times for Exstimulo potions will be as follows:

Exstimulo Potion: 2 hours → 30 minutes

Strong Exstimulo Potion: 4 hours → 1 hour

Potent Exstimulo Potion: 8 hours → 2 hours

These days, I have found Potent Exstimulo Potions to be extremely valuable during difficult Wizarding Challenges. I am definitely going to take advantage of the event’s reduced brewing time for this potions!

The highlighted Foundable Family during this event is Mysterious Artefacts. Look out for High and Emergency Threat Foundables during this period. As I mentioned in another thread, the animation for Hermione’s Time-Turner is hilarious!! 

Last but certainly not least, this Community Day will feature Spell Energy on the map ⚡️⚡️⚡️I am so excited to see this!

Players - please share more tips on this thread! Have a fun and safe Community Day, everyone!

Post edited by hpwulola on

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #220 September, 2019, 11:01 pm.

Don't forget water and battery packs. Be prepared for whatever weather conditions you may have. And most important, have FUN!!!

PS I also can't wait to see the SE on the ground! Yay!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #320 September, 2019, 11:10 pm.

Thanks for the great tips @HPWULOLA and for setting up this thread, very much looking forward to the event. I’m excited to see and pick up some spell energy of the ground as well.

Wise tip @Dogoutlaw I don’t have a battery pack, but I will definitely take some water with me.

It will also be wise for people to make good use of the rental cauldron if they can during the time of the community day event as it will reduce the brewing time of the extimulo potions even more. Plus as mentioned in some other threads, if done wisely you can rent it for three hours and end up brewing quite a few potions plus one at the end with a long brew time.

I told myself that I’m going to stack up on extimulo potions particularly the potent ones, then I ended up using them over the last few days. Now although I have some of the other extimulo potions, I have one potent one left, no unicorn hair and a bunch of unopened 5 and 10km portkeys. I should have listened to myself when I said I should be using these potions sparingly 🤦‍♀️😂. Now I just need to walk 5/10km early tomorrow morning and hope I get some unicorn hair from my portkeys before the event begins, so I can brew some potent extimulo potions. Let’s see how that goes.

(Also I can finally do links, so happy 😊)

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #420 September, 2019, 11:19 pm.

Make sure all four potion brewing slots are empty just before the event begins. The reduced time will only apply to potions you start brewing once the event kicks off. This is a great time to make use of your three hour rental cauldron, as well. Remember, potions only need to begin brewing (not finish) within the three-hour event window to get the reduced time, plus it only costs a single gold piece to finish brewing ten minutes early (technically 9 minutes and 59 seconds, but whatever). Three hours doesn't seem like much, but you can brew a lot of potion with the right strategy, and you'll need them to replenish you supply after chasing those high-threat foundables.

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #520 September, 2019, 11:38 pm.

Today I got rid of a few ingredients for non-exstimulo potions, so I can collect more of the exstimulo ones until tomorrow.

I also expanded my spell energy capacity, even though there will br enegy spells to collect - I don't want to leave the fortress to hunt for more energy since time is limited...

🙂

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 950 admin
    #621 September, 2019, 07:10 pm.

First hour has been great for me! Already ran into a few time-turners ⌛️

• GingerbeardSnowGingerbeardSnow Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #822 September, 2019, 02:49 pm.

I even got my hands on a sorcerers stone!!

• ShadoeKaatShadoeKaat Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #922 September, 2019, 02:59 pm.

We only saw time turners, I would have hoped to see more variety. The everyday pick up is getting boring. Also, I entered a fortress with teammates and still my SOS page has not updated. I would like more variety in the pick ups on Community day!

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1022 September, 2019, 11:42 pm.

@Acumen Well done completing that frame. I consider it a big accomplishment. Something about that gold colour though is rubbing me the wrong way. Can't quite put my finger on it.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1123 September, 2019, 03:02 am.

@ZookiTabooki the color reminds me of processed cheese rather than a precious metal! 😅

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #1223 September, 2019, 06:50 am.

@ZookiTabooki Maybe because it's just yellow and not gold? It looks cheap, like an old clipart frame.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1323 September, 2019, 07:00 am.

Lol- i thought the same about the gold- a bit garish isn't it. Just like you @ZookiTabooki to bring that up- i love your posts & the things you say often make me smile so thanks for always cheering my day!

Gold....pah! That's yellow!! 😂