What Mysterious Artefact do you wish you owned?

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 874 admin
edited September 2019 in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 09 October, 2019, 04:49 am.

I love the Mysterious Artefacts categories because the items are so interesting and, dare I say, magical 😁 I'm curious to hear which one is everyone's favorite!

For me, it has to be Hagrid's Umbrella. It can cast spells and protect me from rain! I remember seeing someone at Fan Festival bring along a pink umbrella as a magical accessory and it sure did come in handy on Sunday when it rained!

I also love Hermione's Time-Turner, it is a beautiful piece. Plus, the encounter animation for it is quite hilarious (if you haven't it yet, look out for it on Saturday.)

How about everyone else - which item on the Mysterious Artefacts page would you love to own?

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #220 September, 2019, 09:13 pm.

Flying motorbike, for sure. My own personal flying vehicle has been something I've dreamed about for as long as I can remember. Hopefully our muggle science will get us there one day.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #320 September, 2019, 09:13 pm.

The womping Willow hands down. It would look amazing in my yard. I love trees. I could be persuaded to go for dirigible plums, but I'm unsure how they taste. The Willow would keep out unwanted guests.

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    #420 September, 2019, 09:21 pm.

@Ginnungagap those are Wonders of the Wizarding world. Love them too, but Lola is talking about the pink Mysterious Artefacts family Foundables.

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    #520 September, 2019, 09:29 pm.

As for me @HPWULOLA I would probably choose the Pensieve or the Time Turner. I loved both of them in the books and always wished something like that existed in the muggle world. The ability to store and revisit my memories and those of others or to literally rewind time has always been so appealing. I’d love to own items like these 🤓

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #620 September, 2019, 09:56 pm.

The flying motorbike would be pretty cool. Although I'd probably be terrified of actually using it!

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #720 September, 2019, 10:21 pm.

@Herm10neG92 lol yeah makes sense given community day. I guess my fondness for trees made me just skip the correct family. I'd end up choosing the pensieve from those. I imagine being able to view my own memories in perfect detail would mean less stack overflow.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 874 admin
    #820 September, 2019, 10:28 pm.

@Ginnungagap I now am very curious about Dirigible Plum would taste. Or a Dirigible Plum pie....

@Acumen I love the idea of Hagrid's bike except I am a bit scared of heights and think I would be terrified to fly that around San Francisco! @Dogoutlaw We seem to be on the same page there 😜

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 874 admin
    #920 September, 2019, 10:45 pm.

@Herm10neG92 I agree, the Pensieve is fascinating! It would be like your own personal diary.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1020 September, 2019, 11:26 pm.

The pensieve sounds the most useful for me as it would be possible to store important memories in detail as I can be quite forgetful. But my preference would be the time turner and the Marauder’s map as they sound like a combination that will be great fun to have.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #1121 September, 2019, 01:25 am.

Pensieve, Cursed Opal Necklace and Sirius' Flying Motorbike are priority for me. I could use a few more Swords of Gryffindor and Hermione's Time-Turner too.

I think the Time-Turner would be the coolest to own.

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 58 ✭✭
    #1221 September, 2019, 01:57 am.

The clock would be nice, so I'd know where my family is.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #1321 September, 2019, 02:48 am.

Great topic @HPWULOLA!

While the Penseive is tempting, I mean who couldn't use a larger hard drive, I would have to choose the Sword of Gryffindor. First off its a sword which is freaking awesome but the fact that it is enchanted to grow stronger with each encounter and to take on additional traits make it a truly remarkable item. Staying in canon I would be extremely interested in experimenting to see what the sword could truly become. If it was able to learn how to use basilisk venom afterall who knows what all it could potentially learn to do.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1406 October, 2019, 09:12 pm.

pensieve, because i ... because i ... (whips head around) squirrel !

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1507 October, 2019, 01:17 am.

I... am absolutely addicted to the time turner and the marauders map.... I also own a lot of stuff of those two items, hahah. We should totally show pictures of merch we own xD

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1609 October, 2019, 04:09 am.

@HPWULola

@Ginnungagap

Dirigible Plum makes great jam it's perfect on levitoasta. Tastes like kumquats only lighter.

Also imagine how tough the bowtruckle that lived in a whomping willow would be.

I'd like Hermoine's bottomless beaded bag. Or a wizards tent. Every day on my commute home I want a portkey.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1809 October, 2019, 04:49 am.

@Owlx 😱😱😱😱 I am in love!!!! Ahhh those are amazing!!