Demiguise Disappearance

Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 23 September, 2019, 06:15 am.

Ok. I know that these guys like to be invisible and all, but do they ever plan on coming back out? I haven’t seen one in about a month, maybe longer. Getting a little concerned that they’ve gone AWOL. They’re quite difficult to locate for me. Any sightings or tips to get them to show their faces more?

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #220 September, 2019, 08:34 pm.

It makes sense to me, since that is their nature. Last time I spotted a Demiguise was two weeks ago. I've placed all the images on that page except Pickett. I only have three Pickett fragments, so far.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #320 September, 2019, 08:48 pm.

That's interesting... I haven't seen one in a while as well. Couldn't say exactly, but weeks at least. Good luck!

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #421 September, 2019, 01:32 am.

I have needed a single fragment for awhile now and I figured that was why I haven't seen him. And the psychic in me says it plans to depart when next we meet. This kind of fragment behaviour is becoming so common for me, I'm starting to think it's an intended mechanic.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #521 September, 2019, 05:42 pm.

Same, @ZookiTabooki. I've needed a single Quidditch World Cup fragment to prestige the Magical Games and Sports page to gold for a couple weeks now. Finally saw one the other day, and it departed. shakes fist

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    #621 September, 2019, 09:23 pm.

Well I found one today, I think it appeared to spite me for making this post. Successfully returned but I knew it would flee if not so I used a potion I normally wouldn’t have used on it 🥴

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #721 September, 2019, 11:52 pm.

I find them when I'm in unexpected places😝.

I found my 7th one yesterday. Right after getting my first brown centaur.

Dougal is by far my favourite to find.

Still haven't even seen picket

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #822 September, 2019, 10:46 am.

Ive only seen Dougal twice in all the time ive played! He definitely is an elusive one! Its McGonagall all over again!!! 😳 lol

I have a few frsgments of him from the fortress though thank goodness.

Only seen pickett once. Im starting to realise my area is rubbish for the rarer confoundables! A bit of incentive for me to travel wider, i suppose thats one good thing that comes from this game for me, if they were easy, i wouldnt go as far. Im really behind on many pages though for the amount of time ive been playing. Must do better!!- note to self lol.

#922 September, 2019, 06:05 pm.

@AuroraKadavra @Owlx I’m sorry but what is Dougal? I’m confused

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #1022 September, 2019, 06:10 pm.

@Herm10neG92 Newt's Demiguise friend is called Dougal

#1122 September, 2019, 06:11 pm.

@DubiousAffairs Ahhh that makes sense! I never got into the Fantastic Beasts stuff as much so makes sense why I’d be clueless to that. Thanks for clearing that up!

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1223 September, 2019, 01:12 am.

@Herm10neG92

Demiguise pelts are highly sought after as the hair can be woven into invisibility cloaks. Cloaks made from their hair eventually turn opaque, losing their invisibility effects as time passes.

Demiguises have precognitive sight so that the only way to catch them is to do something completely unpredictable

Excerpt from the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them

😋

#1323 September, 2019, 03:52 am.

@Owlx ooh I LOVE the invisibility cloak. Great info! Maybe I need to get more into the Fantastic Beasts stuff after all 🤔

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1423 September, 2019, 06:15 am.

@Herm10neG92 oh u gotta watch them! Eddie Redmayne plays such a wonderful Newt & u see so much from the game in the first one. The mooncalves are adorable!!! It's so funny watching him trying to catch the beasts too 😀