Finding Elite Foes

IAMBLAKUSIAMBLAKUS Posts: 10 ✭✭
in Wizarding Challenges + Professions #1 latest comment 20 September, 2019, 09:31 pm.

I'm working on the Elite Foes achievement to earn the 7 red books and i've been stuck on 95 out of 100 for a week now. I typically solo play 20-25 chambers a day, usually in Tower II or Tower III due to spell energy requirements, and for a while I was getting 2-3 elite foes a day. Haven't seen a single one in a while, and just wondering if anyone has had better luck with a specific chamber/stone combo that I could try? I know it's random...but just wanting to try anything I can to get these last 5.

Level 37 in the game, level 12 Professor, and unlocked through Dark III

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #219 September, 2019, 04:51 am.

L35 Professor failed to complete Dark 4 recently but there were 3 Elite foes present

If you don’t mind losing and are just looking for Elites, have a go at Dark 4

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭
    #319 September, 2019, 11:12 am.

I would up the quality of your runestones and see what happens.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #419 September, 2019, 01:47 pm.

I've been doing mostly Forest chambers recently with level 4 and 5 runestones, and haven't encountered any elite foes for the last few days. I think, much like certain Foundables, they tend to come in waves.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭
    #519 September, 2019, 04:43 pm.

They seem to show up a lot more when I'm doing fortresses with other players. But maybe that's because with other players we do higher fortress levels.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
    #619 September, 2019, 08:08 pm.

@IAMBLAKUS Try to find a sponsored tower. When my wife and I do Dark 5 together at a sponsored tower we almost always get 1-3 elites and usually 2 or 3. The additional challenge xp is also rather helpful for conservation of runes. We usually uses lvl 4 runes together. It takes us 3 runs to get a challenge rank (we are around rank 80) and takes about 5-6 min per run. It also helps to not be too stingy with exstimulo potions. We brew mostly strongs so that we can use them on tougher enemies that neither of us has a proficiency for. This keeps us within that 5-6 min per run and under 40 energy per run.

#719 September, 2019, 08:08 pm.

Well, after my statement earlier, I did about a dozen challenges in Ruins chambers during my lunch hour in my ongoing effort to finish the books pages. Encountered three elite foes, so there's that.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    #819 September, 2019, 09:00 pm.

I didn’t know that you’re more likely to come across elite foes in sponsored towers. I’ve only ever seen one such fortress but wasn’t able to enter it, but I would like to go once, just to see what it’s like. Let’s see.

#919 September, 2019, 10:39 pm.

@Imaginatio they are slightly higher difficulty score for the same level in the fortress. I believe it makes them slightly more frequent as it is easier to reach the higher difficulty score that way.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭
    #1019 September, 2019, 11:45 pm.

I really wish we had sponsored towers here. Can I sponsor one? 😅

#1120 September, 2019, 12:41 am.

Ginnungagap, That makes sense. Thanks for the info on them. Hopefully I’ll get to play in one at some point.

JulieJubz, maybe? I’ve come across a lot of sponsored inns, but I’ve only ever seen one tower, so no idea how many of them there are. I was actually surprised when I saw it, didn’t think they existed until then. I wonder if there’s any sponsored greenhouses🤔

edited September 20 #1220 September, 2019, 12:55 am.

@Imaginatio ATT, Cricket and Simon malls are sponsored locations. The malls usually are good places to go. You can try to find a location near you at this site https://www.simon.com/mall. There may be other sponsors, but there's are the ones I'm familiar with in the USA.

The att store near me used to be a solitary sponsored inn. Now it is a fortress. I'm not sure if it was a specific change or if they might rotate them on occasion.

#1320 September, 2019, 02:39 am.

Thanks for the suggestion, you’re point about visiting shopping centres is good, maybe I’ll come across some more sponsored towers. Plus even if I don’t find any towers, it’s a good chance to do some shopping🛍😊

Also, no idea how they decide to allocate inns, towers and greenhouses. It’s a little mystery. I’ve never seen them change either. It’s magic...

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭
    #1420 September, 2019, 02:56 am.

Our AT&T store changed from an inn to a fortress. Apparently they all changed at same time, was what I was told at the time at least! They also give extra XP (25% more challenge xp I think).

#1520 September, 2019, 04:02 am.

Dogoutlaw, Thanks for the additional info. If they also give more challenge xp, then I definitely need to find myself more of these sponsored towers - even if I only visit them occasionally.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭
    #1620 September, 2019, 05:51 am.

@Imaginatio no problem. I found a group of other local players in August. Small group, but that’s totally fine. So hubby and I meet up once a week with a few of them at this fortress. There’s no inns around, so we play as many battles as our spell energy will allow. But it’s still great. I typically rank 1-2 times each time, and who doesn’t love a few red books?!

#1720 September, 2019, 10:00 am.

Dogoutlaw, That’s awesome. Very true regarding the red books as well, you spoke my mind. I still need a lot of them, so anything that helps to increase the chances of getting them is good 😊

#1820 September, 2019, 03:39 pm.

Yep, the fortress nearest my apartment happens to be a sponsored tower, so that's where I typically do my challenges as well. Like @Dogoutlaw, there are no inns near this fortress, so I'm limited on how many challenges I can do before I have to make a run for more spell energy, but it's totally worth it for that bonus challenge XP. Most days lately, I'll just do two challenges in Forest Chamber II. I'm comfortable at that level and can usually get through it with one strong invigoration draught and two strong exstimulos. Aside from occasions where I'm pushing to reach a new level, I try not to use more potions than I can replenish by the following day. A couple Forest II chambers at a sponsored fortress earns me anywhere between 800-900 challenge XP per day. In my own experience though, I am not any more or less likely to encounter elite foes at a sponsored fortress.

#1920 September, 2019, 09:31 pm.

Although the sponsored fortress that I’ve seen isn’t near where I live, I’m luckily not that far from places that have inns or a fortress or two. So it’s not too bad. These sponsored fortresses just sound cool, so I’ll see if I can visit one at some point for fun, even if it’s just once.