Bug report - app GPS tracking in a car

CzarlCzarl Posts: 5
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 29 October, 2019, 11:13 pm.

I find that the game locks up when I am in a passenger in a car. By locking up, I mean the game stops tracking where I am.

They app looks like should work, but the map is not updated and if I try and interact with an Inn, it says it is out of range.

Running this game on a OnePlus if that helps

Tagged:

Comments

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #211 September, 2019, 06:44 pm.

Open Google Maps, Set a destination, Start navigation, Click your phones tab, Maps should do a screen overlay, Open HPWU. The phone will track based off of Maps, it still lags occasionally but for the most part it'll track excellently this way. Niantic was based off Google Maps btw.

• RShillyshallyRShillyshally Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #329 October, 2019, 11:13 pm.

Reading some of the play guides, etc. I had started to believe this was due to the ~8-10 second GPS polling cycle and the rapid acceleration of the car in that 8-10 seconds. We have seen this a lot and have, on occasion, been able to begin encounters from the stoplight when we're well beyond it. Can be kinda useful. Overall, though, the bug is more annoying than useful.

I suspect having the maps overlay going updates the on-device location information much more often, allowing HPWU to keep up better.