September Brilliant events?

BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 13 ✭✭
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 14 September, 2019, 02:11 pm.

Looks like the September Brilliant events are starting late. We have had new events every other week, but none this week?

Everyone is in dire need of Restricted Section Books (especially those that could not make the Indianapolis event for all those free books). When will the September events start?

Comments

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
    #211 September, 2019, 11:19 am.

There is community day on the 21st, not sure what rewards that will bring yet.

But no news on the next brilliant event, there was a bit of a break between the flora & fauna event to the Potters Calamity so after dragons just being on Saturday there will probably be a bit of a break now until the next Brilliant event & focus may just be on community day for now?

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
    #311 September, 2019, 11:21 am.

Ps- i feel ya' on those restricted section books!! And my red books too both in dire need to finish my auror tree!

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    #411 September, 2019, 12:37 pm.

I'm not so sure Brilliant events are meant to be on a consistent monthly basis like community days. I see these as special events that will come and go infrequently.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #511 September, 2019, 03:09 pm.

So clueless here, as I started HPWU in early August, have community days been once a month so far?

• PasmonchatPasmonchat Posts: 1
    #611 September, 2019, 03:37 pm.

Brilliant events have been every two weeks since July and next one would be due today. I really need those green books. I hope it is not too delayed because we have had a lot of special events lately.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    #711 September, 2019, 07:51 pm.

We just had DRAGONS!!! Goodness. I'm quite happy we're having a wee break before the next event.

Also, @BenTiger , when you say the fan fest attendees got "free" books, I think the attendees would have to disagree. Most of them had to pay airfare, hotel, meals, transportation, etc, on top of the ticket to attend the event. That's far from free, and I wouldn't pay that kind of money just for books. We've already discussed the RSB's, so I'm not going into that again.

@Bormacska There was a community day in July and August. But given the game started late June, I don't know that two months makes a trend. Maybe Niantic always does one once a month in it's other games, but I don't play them, so I can't say on that.

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #812 September, 2019, 02:10 am.

Jibs entertainment reported on Twitter that it looks like there won’t be any Brilliant Events in September. So...let’s hold off and see what else the game has in store. I’m patiently waiting like everyone else.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #913 September, 2019, 04:11 pm.

Personally, I'm thankful for a break on Brilliant events. Having those Brilliant Foundables clutter my map for an entire week when I'm typically able to fulfill any Foundable related tasks on the first day of a Brilliant event is annoying.

Of course, these are just my own feelings, which aren't any more or less correct than yours. I get why other people would want those events to keep coming as frequently as they have thus far.

Personally, I'll use this gap between Brilliant events to focus on spell books and achievements.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #1013 September, 2019, 05:32 pm.

As much as I’d like as many scrolls as I can fit in my beaded handbag, after the brilliant sorting hat, every time I have to Flipendo, I’m like, oh no not flipendo!

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #1114 September, 2019, 09:32 am.

Start the event already!

• ArtymerlArtymerl Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #1214 September, 2019, 02:11 pm.

My guess was that they started brilliant events only for special occasions. I am not completely sure about flora and fauna event, but potter’s calamity was before and around july 31 for Harry’s borthday and back to Hogwarts was just before September 1. So, I thought we would have a brilliant event only next month for Halloween!!

but i do agree that i cant wait for 1 to begin so that we can earn RSB’s.