Greenhouse - Using Water to Increase Yield

ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 17 September, 2019, 09:10 pm.

May I suggest we use water instead of energy to increase yield at Greenhouses. This seems more appropriate. It would reduce demand on energy without having to provide more, and may further encourage us to participate in this activity.

Comments

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #311 September, 2019, 02:42 pm.

And it isn't like seeds should take much space, even a hundred of each. We could also stop collecting watering cans to save room, though of course watering can manufacturers would see a neat decrease in their sales.

tAs much as I can understand "limited" storage for potions and ingrédients (

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #414 September, 2019, 05:21 am.

That's an interesting idea! I always feel there should be a way to reduce the growth time. What could possibly be done is use additional water to improve yield and use SE to reduce growth time by up to 50% (only for the person who planted the seed). However there would be an issue of not everyone being able to use the harvest if the time changes.

• KatherineSarahKatherineSarah Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #514 September, 2019, 08:00 am.

I like the idea of a ' green fingers' potion, that affects the results of growing.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #614 September, 2019, 01:27 pm.

I support using water instead of energy. Change the water pick-up to an increment of three, and adjust the amounts required to grow and increase yield accordingly. All plants with six hours or less of growth time require a single watering. Those between six and twelve hours require two waters. Anything higher takes three waters. Yield increases on a one-per-one basis.

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #716 September, 2019, 12:58 am.

can we grind up ingredients into the soil to increase potency/yield of same type planted ingredients? while we are throwing ideas at greenhouses.

• OpalfireflyOpalfirefly Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #816 September, 2019, 08:59 am.

I definately second that idea with using the water to increase yield!

Last night my daughter and I went to collect our toadstools 🍄 She planted the seeds, we both helped with the yield the night before to get them to two toadstools to start off with, with the plan to return before collecting and increase the yield to maximum (9) when we had more energy the following night. So last night we get there with 5 minutes to spare, we manage to increase the yield to 4, and then my daughter spends a further 20 or something energy (I think) to get the yield to 9 within the countdown time. It says maximum yield achieved.

We wait for the timer to count down and our toadstools appear. ONLY 4 OF THEM!!! 😠 For both of us - even though she spent the most energy, she still only got 4 toadstools - no 9 toadstools like the maximum yield said we would get. What an absolute waste of energy. I’m still annoyed about it now.

I need to research into when it counts to increase the yield, as loosing that amount of hard earned energy is not on. (there are FAR TOO MANY pumpkin juices and jelly beans in inns at the moment!)

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #916 September, 2019, 09:00 am.

Or let us find Dragon Dung. There are already livers all over the place.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1016 September, 2019, 02:34 pm.

@Opalfirefly increasing in the last minute is completely fine. Done that plenty. When you max the yield, it is definitely helpful to count as you pick them up to make sure you get them all. You may need to walk around a bit to get them all, they don’t usually all spawn at once. Here’s another thread that had some useful tips to help getting your max harvest.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/13941#Comment_13941

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1116 September, 2019, 05:53 pm.

I second what @Dogoutlaw says! Yesterday I maxed something, picked up 5 4 things then walked around a little until I picked up 4 more and had to wait a few seconds to get the last one, haha.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1217 September, 2019, 09:10 pm.

By the way guys, I made a new post about the full yield bug over here: https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/2938/green-house-yield-bug#latest

Lola has already taken a look, and if more people want to share stories about full yields not showing up, so the admins can better take a look at it, that would be awesome :)