Greenhouse - Using Water to Increase Yield

ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
in App Feedback #1 latest comment 14 September, 2019, 01:27 pm.

May I suggest we use water instead of energy to increase yield at Greenhouses. This seems more appropriate. It would reduce demand on energy without having to provide more, and may further encourage us to participate in this activity.

Comments

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #211 September, 2019, 02:31 am.

Oh man... I'm a tiny bit conflicted about that one. For one thing I absolutely agree with you with all of it actually, haha. But what actually troubles me about it is that I'm constantly running out of water because I plant so much.

IF this were to be done, I really REALLY would love it if they also made buying more space be for 10 space instead of just five, because I've never bought any space for water+seeds because I hate that it's only +5. Now if it were +10 it would make more sense and would totally work with the water demand the plants need....

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #311 September, 2019, 02:42 pm.

And it isn't like seeds should take much space, even a hundred of each. We could also stop collecting watering cans to save room, though of course watering can manufacturers would see a neat decrease in their sales.

tAs much as I can understand "limited" storage for potions and ingrédients (

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #414 September, 2019, 05:21 am.

That's an interesting idea! I always feel there should be a way to reduce the growth time. What could possibly be done is use additional water to improve yield and use SE to reduce growth time by up to 50% (only for the person who planted the seed). However there would be an issue of not everyone being able to use the harvest if the time changes.

• KatherineSarahKatherineSarah Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #514 September, 2019, 08:00 am.

I like the idea of a ' green fingers' potion, that affects the results of growing.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #614 September, 2019, 01:27 pm.

I support using water instead of energy. Change the water pick-up to an increment of three, and adjust the amounts required to grow and increase yield accordingly. All plants with six hours or less of growth time require a single watering. Those between six and twelve hours require two waters. Anything higher takes three waters. Yield increases on a one-per-one basis.