September Community Day is Coastal Cleanup Day

cacoethescrbndicacoethescrbndi Posts: 15 ✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 15 September, 2019, 04:53 pm.

With the news that CD this month will be on Coastal Cleanup Day (21 September), who’s planning on doing some #wizardsgiveback and combining cleanups and HPWU? It would be cool if we get boosted spawns related to water (Horned Serpents? Slytherin house?) and nature (CoMC/Magizoology) to tie in with the day. Maybe some kind of greenhouse bonuses even or special portkeys with rarer ingredients. What do y’all think?

Hopefully whatever they’re planning will be something that will work well with cleanups so players can do both!

Comments

• CrogabattoirCrogabattoir Posts: 73 ✭✭
    #211 September, 2019, 05:31 am.

September 21st is also International Day of Peace.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #311 September, 2019, 06:00 am.

Where did they announce the community day? I had no idea when the next one was.

• DosElDosEl Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #411 September, 2019, 09:51 am.

@WerewolfChaser they announced it yesterday on Twitter and Facebook that the next CD will be on Sept 21.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
    #511 September, 2019, 11:02 am.

I've just popped a post in app feedback about the timings of these events with the 3hr window so everyone gets a chance to benefit. Im lucky (or unlucky if the details are considered lol) enough not to be working, but so many miss out & i know how exciting the events are & we love the build up. It must be gutting to know you'll miss it.

So if that's you that cant make the window of time, please add your voice to the thread for the mods/devs to see & hopefully the change will be made in time for the 21st.

Looking forward to another community day & such a great idea to tie it in with other events concerning all of humanity! Us wizards can unite taking down those confoundables & doing a few deeds for peace & health of our planet at the same time- no problem- we're all over it!- we got this!! 😀

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    #611 September, 2019, 11:11 am.

@cacoethescrbndi I'm hoping for some super XP traces and double distance for Portkeys!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? I'm on the US Gulf Coast, just wondering if you might be nearby.

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 17
    #711 September, 2019, 11:20 am.

Hoping for 2x xp and some challenges with spellbooks as rewards

• Jolly1701Jolly1701 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #811 September, 2019, 12:33 pm.

2x the xp and spell books sounds like a good start

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #911 September, 2019, 12:41 pm.
  • ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    #1011 September, 2019, 12:46 pm.

@RelaxLah @Jolly1701 2x Challenge XP for fortress battles would be very cool! They don't even have to double the spell book count though that would be over the top wicked! Should they ever go this route, I hope they give us a decent heads up so we can prepare. Community days are 3 hours long and we can battle a good deal in a fortress in that timeframe.

• SyriaSyria Posts: 1
    #1111 September, 2019, 11:04 pm.

Heyyyyyy, Niantic:

I'm totally, 100% in favor of connecting with Coastal Clean-Up Day. How can I find out more about this?

• TikifreakiTikifreaki Posts: 1
    #1212 September, 2019, 12:08 am.

Gulf coast - I'm in!!!

• IndianaJeffIndianaJeff Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1312 September, 2019, 04:07 am.

Would love to see some spell books. I’m getting frustrated and not wanting to play anymore. As I can’t make any progress.

• cacoethescrbndicacoethescrbndi Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited September 12 #1412 September, 2019, 03:21 pm.

@CytopeAchen I’m in California, so different coast, sorry!

@Syria I don’t know if there’s a global map of cleanups somewhere, but if you google “Coastal Cleanup Day” and your location (like city, country, or state/province), you should be able to find your nearest one probably.

Coastal Cleanup Day is worldwide. Here’s a cool breakdown of last year’s global cleanup efforts, published by Heal the Bay, one of the organisations that leads the cleanups: https://healthebay.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Building-A-Clean-Swell.pdf

I’m not sure if it’s the same worldwide, but I think all the CA cleanups are 9-12pm, so hopefully Community Day will be later this time, unless they have a clever idea planned that fits in with the cleanups being at the same time. It’s usually 11am-2pm here, but Niantic have done as late as 4-7pm local time in Pokémon Go (where everyone goes by local time, not by regional times—every timezone is staggered). Fingers crossed that whatever they do will encourage players to take part in both rather than choose one or the other!

• MommacinzMommacinz Posts: 1
    #1513 September, 2019, 07:55 pm.

It would be great if they didnt make all events the same time frame ,-or if they staggered the events - say, 2 hours midday, 2 hours evening. Just because an event is on the weekend doesnt mean people are free all day to play.

I completely missed the dragon event. So annoyed. Between that and the dirth of red and restricted books (despite having played consistently - almost at level 31, my rank for the last brilliant event is 65, etc), I'm already at the point of complete disinterest in the game, less than 3 months in.

And then there's the significant money I've had to spend just to be able to play regularly throughout the day.

There are zero ins near my house. I go out once a day, and fill up my energy-which I've paid to increase to 125.

I'm pretty consistent with my.traces, typically they're mostly "great", with a fair dose of "masterful" in between. And yet, so many foundables disappear. Some after several traces. My energy is used up in no time. Is this just a money grab version of pokemon go? So much for it being a game to connect people and build community.

So. Frustrated. With. This. Game.

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #1615 September, 2019, 04:53 pm.

Ooooh. Wouldn't double challenge xp be niiiiice ^^. We'll have to wait and see! Looking forward to it. :)