Story Line or Special Events?

GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 53 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 12 September, 2019, 12:39 am.

I am curious to know whether people are looking forward to more of the story line being added or additional special events for the restricted spell books. I myself have been stuck on the story for a while and it is fast approaching 3 months from the release. Therefore I am looking forward to more of the story and mysteries being added to advance that portion.

Comments

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    #210 September, 2019, 01:10 pm.

I am an update junkie! I am ALWAYS looking forward to expansions in a game. Nothing like keeping a game fresh with new content. And I am very much looking to the next event now that I have 'Team Teaching' on the radar. BRING IT ON! 🤩

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #310 September, 2019, 02:39 pm.

The story feels a bit like an afterthought to me, just sort of thrown together to fit the mechanics of the game. Perhaps I'm wrong about that and we'll see meaningful story progression with updates to come. I hope so.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 53 ✭✭
    #410 September, 2019, 08:42 pm.

@Acumen I wholeheartedly agree and wrote about that as one of my first posts. It seems the story was created as a way to explain the choice of game mechanic rather than the other way around. I wish this was a more rpgish AR game. The collection mechanic makes it compete directly against Pokemon go and cannibalizes Niantec's own user base.

Regardless, if the story is worked on that can provide opportunity to distance the game from Pokemon go. That is part of why I hope for evolved story.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    #511 September, 2019, 07:29 pm.

I would love to have more with the story line. When I was new in the game, I would look through all the mystery items and think about the story line. I haven't done that now for at least a month, basically when i got the last mystery item. The story line doesn't seem to have any impact on the game. I would like to see that change, where we could do different tasks (different than our usual daily tasks) to help solve the mystery.

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #611 September, 2019, 07:35 pm.

@Acumen When you reach making "Hermione has a thing for poop" jokes during a major, secrecy-threatening event, it's probably a sign that the story isn't the best.

It's PottermoreGo, to the point where you know you managed to catch that Foundable when your spell went round three times.

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    #711 September, 2019, 09:44 pm.

ten restricted books away from finishing my auror skill tree restricted book skills says i want another brilliant event, because the next one for 15 books will have me picking between professor and zoo for which skill tree roadblock i am gonna open.

45 of 50 mysteries for the achievement and the fact that the release notes said the london 5 transcript issue was resolved for beta players has me itching to advance on one of the few achievements left to work on.

if i absolutely had to pick one or the other i want the restricted books, but i really want them both equally

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    #812 September, 2019, 12:02 am.

Great discussion @Ginnungagap!!!

I'm personally more excited about the storyline. Yes I could use the restricted books and the crazy XP from something like the Dragon event would be nice but ultimately I'll eventually get all of that stuff. Storyline on the other hand is the basis for this whole universe and I'm really excited to see it progress.

• mi7admi7ad Posts: 130 ✭✭
    #912 September, 2019, 12:39 am.

I like to see them both grow, but story is more important for me.