Dragon's

Falconflight13Falconflight13 Posts: 2
in General Questions #1 latest comment 12 September, 2019, 03:42 pm.

How come after 5 pm (my dragon time slot was 2pm to 5 pm est) that I see no dragons I under stand that I wouldn't be seeing one but I thought we would see the one for are region

Comments

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 92 ✭✭
    #210 September, 2019, 08:24 am.

Apparently they're spawning but I haven't seen one yet either. People are still trying to figure out the rarity/spawn conditions.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #310 September, 2019, 12:14 pm.

The threat level on the Fireball and the Vipertooth mean you will rarely see them. I was very excited to see a Vipertooth on Sunday.

• SkaanaSkaana Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #410 September, 2019, 12:23 pm.

Im still receiving Vipertooth dragons here in Atlanta. It is still to early to discern a pattern or plan from Dev as to how/when/where spawning takes place. Yesterday, it was mid-afternoon. Sorry to hear you've been frustrated thus far! Hears to better hunting today!

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #512 September, 2019, 01:43 am.

Best plan now is to look during day when it is clear out or cloudy. The hint was the weather in game would let you know when you could expect to see a dragon.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited September 12 #612 September, 2019, 09:40 am.

Dragons have an increased variation of cones and rods in their eyes. This means they have superb vision during the day and even better vision at night.

I'm gonna roll the dice and tag them as Dusk and Dawn spawners. Also, I got a Vipermouth at Dusk yesterday. @Skaana can you clarify mid afternoon as Day or Dusk?

To those who have seen one since the event, did anyone else notice a large amount of Oddities spawn around theirs? Mine spawned in the center of ~12 low levels yesterday. Curious to see if they're "nesting".

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    #712 September, 2019, 12:54 pm.

News Alert: I was wrong.

Just popped a Vipermouth during the Day. Also, I noted no other Oddities nearby so the nesting idea was also a flop... Not off to a good start today.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #812 September, 2019, 01:32 pm.

@CytopeAchen I think you're looking at the "nest" idea backwards. I don't expect that the dragon caused a bunch of other oddities to spawn. You happened to find a place and time where a dozen oddities showed up, and luckily one of them happened to be a dragon.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    #912 September, 2019, 03:42 pm.

The two I saw on Sat after the event, were during day, and although I didn’t particularly check the weather in app, it was a warm clear day. We’ve had stormy/cloudy weather since, no dragons. Today, app is showing clear day, so 🤞🏻