Dark Detectors

D1eD1eD1eD1eD1eD1e Posts: 4 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 27 September, 2019, 04:51 pm.

I really don’t see the benefit of dark detectors. I have sat right square on the POI which has another inn less than half a metre away. Set off 3 dark detectors on each. When they ran out repeated this. In the 60 minutes I was there and 12 detectors later I only got one foundable that was a severe and a handful of highs.

I know there is a element of randomness and luck, but what’s the point really.

I think there needs to be a little rework in how they operate or at least some new mega dark detectors which guarantees to only spawn high and above foundables for less time

Comments

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    #209 September, 2019, 04:39 pm.

I find that it's better to put them on poi who are further away and walk back and forth between them. Also, some spots have better spawns than others so it's more beneficial to put them on those.

There's also a good video about it here

• Ve225Ve225 Posts: 100 ✭✭
    #309 September, 2019, 06:17 pm.

For me, i will use 3 of them in one inn. Work better for me than spread them around. Got some high, and severe traces

• ValaThValaTh Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #427 September, 2019, 09:48 am.

I was wondering the same, like something have changed, I have used 3 at one Inn two times resently, not the same Inn.

And I didn´t get any severe or emergency, and the only high ones I got were common ones, that I didn´t need any fragments of and see to often.

I don´t see any benefit from using 3 dark detectors anymore or use them at all.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    #527 September, 2019, 02:58 pm.

@D1eD1eD1e I try to use them with clusters of inns inside a zone. The zone affects the spawns from the dark detectors and thus you can concentrate family spawns to attempt to get specific higher level foundables. Additionally they now seem to be affected by events (previously they weren't) which makes them helpful during community days.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #627 September, 2019, 03:20 pm.

We've found during community days that if multiple people add to each inn the diversity and number of foundables increases, as does the severity.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #727 September, 2019, 04:51 pm.

It should spawn a trace every 5min. It will be identifiable as it has a swirl going around it that regular traces do not. Adding additional Dark Detectors simply increases the likliehood of spawning a higher level trace.

As soon as you place it if it does not spawn one immediately and you're literally standing with your avatar at the Inn then restart the game, similar to Greenhouses dropping grown plants. If you're not standing directly on top of the Inn you may have to walk around, simply having the Inn in your activity circle will not insure the trace spawns where you can see it.

Hope this helps!