Brown centaur

Garnet1901Garnet1901 Posts: 2
in General Questions #1 latest comment 21 September, 2019, 09:38 am.

I play in Goa which is on the west coast of India. I'm on level 30 and haven't found a single brown centaur. Can anyone tell me why it's not showing up?

Comments

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #209 September, 2019, 01:22 pm.

Brown Centaurs are oddities which predominantly come out at dawn, dusk or overnight. I get most of mine at dusk. The don't come out often, I find they rotate the oddities around and you may go a spell without seeing one. Keep at it.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #309 September, 2019, 05:34 pm.

I've been getting them a lot for the past two days, I think they show up closer to full moons? Or in between full moon... not super sure, but it seems that way.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    #409 September, 2019, 08:45 pm.

I see the centaurs here (northeast USA) frequently. I actually see a lot of them during daytime hours @ZookiTabooki. They still come up at other times, but it's always disappointing when I'm hoping for a doxie or leprechaun and I see a centaur instead. I don't think their spawns are lunar based @JulieJubz but I believe they prefer clear weather.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #509 September, 2019, 09:07 pm.

@MtPollux That's interesting. The only oddity I have seen in daylight is the erkling. Kewl!

• BippityBBBippityBB Posts: 1
    #610 September, 2019, 12:01 am.

I have the opposite problem. I've been playing for months and I've yet to come across a single doxie. I'm in the Southeast USA and this area is littered with centaurs. I can literally find them every hundred yards or so. My husband and I usually play in the evenings but we find them during the daytime as well. But doxies? Forget it. I've just accepted that I'm going to be stuck on the assignment requiring me to collect five doxies forever.

#710 September, 2019, 12:04 am.

@MtPollux hahaha that would actually explain a lot since I'm not a morning person, so I never see them any other time than night 🤣 but we've been having a lot of rain! So maybe that's why they're showing up more now instead of moon based. I'm finding out so much from you, haha, love it!

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    #810 September, 2019, 02:22 am.

It has been released that the oddities spawn in relation to the canon about that oddity from the books, movies, and source material. The current theory for centaurs are that they love to look at the stars, so they tend to occur during clear days, and don’t appear as much during cloudy days. See if this holds true for your area.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    #910 September, 2019, 12:34 pm.

@BippityBB doxies only spawn during dawn (from 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour after sunrise). I was actually visiting Atlanta right after the game released, and that's where I found my first doxy. There's hope for you, you just have to set an early alarm.

• Garnet1901Garnet1901 Posts: 2
    #1010 September, 2019, 05:10 pm.

yeah it sounds right. It's rainy season for 3 - 4 months here so I think I'll have to wait for the centaur. I managed to get pixies, horned serpents, doxies, vampires n leprechauns in the past two months. Eagerly waiting to find the centaur now

• CrogabattoirCrogabattoir Posts: 77 ✭✭
    #1111 September, 2019, 05:38 am.

I have gotten 149 centaurs but haven't seen one horned serpent yet.

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #1211 September, 2019, 07:30 am.

Count yourself as lucky @Garnet1901 !

Never found horned serpents in Delhi. Only got 3 while traveling. I got all my centaurs while traveling abroad. So yeah, not much easily available barring pixies, erklings and vampires.

Saw couple of centaurs two days back. Yet to figure out the way to find more!

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    #1312 September, 2019, 01:53 am.

I have a theory about the horned serpents due to the research that PokeFodder and XPectoGo have been doing on YouTube. Originally we thought it was due to being near bodies of water, but that didn’t seem to always be true. I’m thinking it actually has more to do with annual rain fall 🤐

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    edited September 12 #1412 September, 2019, 08:45 pm.

recently travelled from iowa to fan fest (indiana) and on to pennsylvania, then back to iowa. (1,200ish miles one way)

in indianapolis, philadelphia, and omaha centaurs seemed to be everywhere at all hours of day/night and in between. I dont get to a city often these days, but wow, everytime i do they seem to be there.

comparatively speaking, where i normally play (population less then 200) centaurs are not very common, though they do exist sometimes.

echo @JulieJubz saying they seem to be more common nearing a full moon, i noticed this last full moon and this one about to happen as well. in between kinda scarce. not sure if thats accurate, but is an observation i have made as well.

good luck @Garnet1901

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭
    #1513 September, 2019, 02:17 pm.

I had a layover at Chennai airport in the morning and came across so many oddities including doxies and horned serpents but no centaurs though. Haven’t come across Firenze either!

• SkaanaSkaana Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #1617 September, 2019, 05:26 pm.

Hi @LeFayeofAlbion Firenze exists! My son picked him up one day while in the car, but departed.

I picked up a fragment at FanFest...sorry about picture, I screenshot a bit late!

#1717 September, 2019, 09:21 pm.
  • SkaanaSkaana Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #1819 September, 2019, 08:55 pm.

thanks @JulieJubz ! I will.

• UnsubliminalUnsubliminal Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #1921 September, 2019, 09:38 am.

Looks like Firenze is breakdancing and doing a single hand stand!