Game Update: New Tonic for Trace Detection and More!

in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 September, 2019, 05:34 am.

Hi!

We’ve updated Harry Potter: Wizards Unite with the following:

New Potion!

• Brew a Tonic for Trace Detection and use it to bring Traces to you! Traces that appear from this Potion will only be visible to you and have a special visual effect.
  • Head over to Diagon Alley for your free Tonic for Trace Detection store bundle! This should include:
    • 1 Tonic for Trace Detection Potion
    • Ingredients to brew 1 Tonic for Trace Detection
    • 10 Ingredient Capacity Increase
    • 5 Potion Capacity Increase
    • 5 Seeds/Water Capacity Increase
  • 4 new Ingredients will be added to brew Tonic for Trace Detection: Baneberry, Bulbadox Juice, Angel’s Trumpet, and Erumpent Horn. Erumpent Horn will more often be found in Portkeys.

General:

• We are increasing the base capacity of Ingredients from 200 to 210 for new players. For current players, make sure to claim your free Diagon Alley bundle to get this increase!
  • We are increasing the base capacity of Potions and Seeds/Water from 50 to 55 for new players. For current players, make sure to claim your free Diagon Alley bundle to get this increase!
  • Beginning at Level 4, the Tonic for Trace Detection Potion will replace the Baruffio's Brain Elixir as a level-up reward every 3 levels.
  • Health Potions you previously received at Level Up have been replaced by 25 Spell Energy

Enjoy!

Comments

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #206 September, 2019, 06:59 pm.

Woooooooo! New stuff!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
    #406 September, 2019, 07:15 pm.

Soooo exciting!!! I just noticed a new ingredient outside- thought whaaaaattt!!? Lol, then followed the red dot to new potion & store pack! I was jumping up & down il admit at the epic free gift package!

Just when i thought this week on WU couldn't get any better!!

Thank You for such an awesome game & for me, its hands down the most exciting week since WU began !! 😀😍

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #506 September, 2019, 07:21 pm.

Wait , hold on. Mod! I got this ingredient bundle, but is the spell energy increase you mentioned in a different bundle?

And oh please no don’t replace Baruffio’s! I don’t have enough Baruffio’s as is! I rely on level up baruffio’s!! Please please please reconsider!

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #606 September, 2019, 07:29 pm.

Awesome! Thank you! I've already started brewing it. Looking foward to collecting the new ingredients.😀

One question: once activated, how long does it last? Is it as long as Baruffio?

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    #706 September, 2019, 07:34 pm.

YAY! @HPWULOLA Spell energy for leveling up?! Y’all are the best! I’ll take it. Very happy to see these changes and really appreciate all your responses to feedback and new creative ideas to solve gameplay issues and/or just make the game that much better. So excited about this and for dragon day tomorrow! Thanks mods and devs!

• DustyrunnerDustyrunner Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #906 September, 2019, 07:56 pm.

Great! Does bring “bring more traces” mean the lure will follow us as we move or does it just refer to the ability to drop it in a stationary but remote location where one might not usually see anything? Thanks for the extra storage and energy too. I have been deleting those pesky health potions...

• Minervina19Minervina19 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #1006 September, 2019, 08:14 pm.

I went into a panic when all of a sudden I couldn't load my game. but then I came home, got great advice from Remy for a change (LOL) and wow, a new prize! very exciting to have a new potion to brew. I t isn't easy finding these harder traces, so I am really excited about this. Thank you HPWU!

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1106 September, 2019, 08:16 pm.

Thanks, Titianium! Excellent!

#1206 September, 2019, 09:03 pm.

@Minervina19 you experienced the game crashing and refusing to load just before the gift drop too?

• edited September 6 #1306 September, 2019, 09:03 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion Yes, this bundle is to introduce the new potion, Tonic for Trace Detection.

Tomorrow during Day of Dragons, Diagon Alley will have a different free store pack :) It's a good weekend!

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/2742/dragon-day-details#latest

• #1406 September, 2019, 09:05 pm.

@Pamdm and anyone else who sees a 6 Hour time limit for claiming the Tonic for Trace Detection store back - this is incorrect; the store pack should be available to claim for the next two weeks. We are looking into this on our end!

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #1506 September, 2019, 09:06 pm.

Going forward (I have my first one brewing) will the ingredients for the new potion appear on the map?

#1606 September, 2019, 09:10 pm.

Thank you @HPWULOLA !

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 98 ✭✭
    #1706 September, 2019, 09:15 pm.

@Punkyfins Yes the ingredients are on the map, I've found several spawns so ffs ar tonight.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #1806 September, 2019, 09:20 pm.

THANK YOU!!! I'm a little sad about getting spell energy and losing Baruffio's -BUT- only in the sense that I myself don't need that change. Otherwise I absolutely understand how it's better for a lot of players and won't complain at all.

Thank you again for the generosity and lovely surprise. I am so happy right now 😭❤️

• SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 85 ✭✭
    #1906 September, 2019, 09:42 pm.

@HPWULOLA yeah, my pack said it was only available for 6 hours. I grabbed it immediately! LOL

I've already got it in my brewing queue and searching for more ingredients.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    #2006 September, 2019, 09:45 pm.

What an amazing surprise!!! Thank you!!

• TitianiumTitianium Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2106 September, 2019, 10:00 pm.

@Whitehorsematt we’re you able to find all the ingredients? So far, all I could find were the berries and juice. I couldn’t fine the horn or trumpets.

#2207 September, 2019, 12:26 am.

I’ve only come across Baneberry so far. I assume the horn will be something out of portkeys?

• PeppermintHumbuPeppermintHumbu Posts: 2
    #2307 September, 2019, 02:21 am.

Please add me as a friend here is my code:

6736 3296 1187

• Minervina19Minervina19 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #2407 September, 2019, 02:28 am.

I was out playing tonight and didn't find any of the new horn ingredients. I saw someone posted that they had found one, so that's great. What I did notice tonight was 3 different Severe/Emergency traces. Very exciting! I got one Newt Scamandar finally! And this was without using the new trace potion.

Do you think it portends what tomorow will be like?

• CVRLunaCVRLuna Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2507 September, 2019, 02:35 am.

I'm on my second one (brewing)! I have quite a few of the new ingredients and I got erumpent horns in a portkey!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    #2707 September, 2019, 04:02 am.

Hi @CVRLuna ! Welcome!!

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #2807 September, 2019, 04:07 am.

Well I am in the middle of nowhere with absolutely no spawns. I put down one of the new potions and I got a spawn about once every 5 minutes or so. Wasn’t a ton, but was better than absolutely nothing appearing in my location.

• Zephoria76Zephoria76 Posts: 1
    #2907 September, 2019, 04:10 am.

Went out this evening and used the new tonic. It was slow going at first. I read up on it and it does say the more you explore the more will show up. It was true. I was able to use both the tonic and my Baruffio at the same time. 👈🏼Cool!! I collected 3 of the ingredients needed for the tonic easily and the erumpet horn will need to be collected from Portkeys much like the dragons claw for the Baruffios elixir. I myself am excited to have a new elixir and ingredients to collect.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3007 September, 2019, 04:18 am.

Pinch-clockwise-right-up-counterclockwise-spread

That's the stirring directions for the new potion.