Day of the Dragon Event Notice - Have you received Yours?

AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
in Game Events #1 latest comment 07 September, 2019, 07:09 pm.

Hey Guys just received my notice from the SOS Task Force. Did you get yours? Can wait for 24 hours to be up. So Excited!!!

Comments

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #206 September, 2019, 03:45 pm.

I'm glad that's going out. For some reason my group and I thought it was going to be on Sunday like always, and I would have been SO heart broken if we missed it 🤣 (although I haven't seen it yet)

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #306 September, 2019, 04:28 pm.

Dont worry it’s coming I’m sure @JulieJubz . I’m in USA on the Westcoast so my times for Dragon Sightings are Saturday from 11:00 - 2:00 pm PST.

There are a few postings on times and what to expect. Check it out.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,269 admin
    #406 September, 2019, 04:57 pm.

Here is the timing for this weekend's Day of Dragons:

• Asia-Pacific: September 7, from 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. AEST (UTC +10)
    • Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India: September 7, from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC
    • Americas and Greenland: September 7, from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PDT (UTC -7)

I'm on West Coast time, too @SaiDax! Looks like I'll be battling Dragons during brunch :D

#506 September, 2019, 08:24 pm.

Thank you for posting the times @HPWULOLA. Best of luck hope you can take a long brunch 🥰.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #606 September, 2019, 09:08 pm.

Thanks @SaiDax and @HPWULOLA. I am SO EXCITED FOR DRAGONS!!

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #707 September, 2019, 06:53 am.

From the point of view of someone who looks at this forum, the notice is okay.

However, for someone who doesn't read them, there are a few problems :

• It still says "day" when it only lasts 3 hours, and @HPWULOLA's precisons about the times aren't on it. (And I think it's the first time I've heard of "UTC", it's usually GMT).
    • The image is from the Indianapolis event. Is is still ongoing? it is about a new one? Is it linked ? (yes, I know it is, but I read the forum)
    • There is nothing on the website's home page Featured News, the only in-game event clearly mentioned being the Back to Hogwarts Brilliant event, beginning August 13. The info is to be found inside the article about the Indianapolis event.

More accessible information couldn't hurt.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    #807 September, 2019, 07:17 am.

@DubiousAffairs

This link gives the difference between GMT and UTC.

I still say GMT but that is just me showing my age. :)

#907 September, 2019, 07:34 am.

In regards to the photo in this post @DubiousAffairs, it is the one that actually popped up in the game on my phone.

I wanted to share it with the forum.

I figured this was a heads up.

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #1007 September, 2019, 09:27 am.

@SaiDax , I received the same photo, which is the problem, everyone did. And since this game uses GPS, there should also be a way to send the notice/ show a button in-app with everyone' local (last known location) time. @WerewolfChaser , I'm also only used to GMT, even though I was born in the 80s.

10am UTC looks like midday in France. As everyone who heard a singing candlestick knows, meals are serious business here, even when dance numbers are involved.

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #1107 September, 2019, 04:45 pm.

As @DubiousAffairs said, not having checked the forum & only having seen that notification, I was under the impression that it would be a day long event rather than just three hours. Mercifully, by chance I decided to go out during that brief window & caught just over an hour of it. However, I could easily have missed what was a great event. I got to enjoy it, but I'm sad for those who didn't. As mentioned in another thread, I hope they put the info/countdown/time-left details in the 'Special' tab next time they do something like this. That's where people are used to looking for info due to the Brilliant Events.

• mi7admi7ad Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #1207 September, 2019, 07:09 pm.

I didn't receive mine.