Green house suggestion.

JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 10 October, 2019, 04:07 pm.

I know this is nowhere near the list of top priorities, but could I suggest that we get rid of the “are you sure you want to plant this?” question that comes up in the green houses?

I know that appropriate gameplay doesn’t involve cars and buses, but when it comes to the green houses, sometimes I see a few on the way to other places, and I try my best to plant stuff (as a passenger) and because the beginning animation of the mixing plants takes too long and can barely be bypassed, and then the question at the end about being sure of what you’re planting, green houses end up being too far out of range by seconds - and never get used. I’ve missed quite a few green houses that way.

If we could at least get rid of the question, it would probably work better for passengers like myself. Hopefully something like that isn’t against the rules?

thanks!

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #204 September, 2019, 07:58 pm.

I wouldn't mind this change either. I've tried planting as a passenger, and have the same issue of being told the greenhouse is out of range by the time I get to the end of all the steps.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #317 September, 2019, 12:46 pm.

I wasn’t sure if I should make a new thread for this, or just post it on an existing one, but @HPWULOLA is there any way that green houses can give us the full yield all at once, instead of making us wait for the rest of it?

Today I planted two greenhouses worth of snowdrops - full yield in both of those (trust me, I know it was full yield, I was left with barely any energy after that 🤣). When I came back to get them, I only got 6 snowdrop out of one, which I usually don’t mind, because I know to walk around, enter inns, give it a few minutes and wait for the rest to show up. But- after 15 minutes, nothing else showed up. And I had to go get the stuff from the other green house, so I left.

At the second greenhouse I got 8 things all at once, and then less than a minute later I got the 9th one. So I went back to the first green house to see if anything showed up, and still nothing. So I gave up.

for the most part I don’t mind having to wait a little for the rest to drop... but it’s more of a timing thing. I don’t always have the time to wait and see if the rest would show up. Plus if bugs like this happen, then it just feels wasted to use the energy and the time and the real life energy, haha.

I know other players have also been complaining about this, so I thought it would be a good idea to add to it with what happened today :)

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
    #417 September, 2019, 06:13 pm.

@JulieJubz Thanks for the feedback! For this scenario, as you did mention, it would be hard to push this case because the intention for Greenhouses and all Points of Interest in the games are for players to interact with them while walking. Since this issue would only come up for people who are not stopping at the Greenhouse, it is difficult to influence that change. No judgement at all, I always play during my commute to work, I take the train so it is safe :) If I'm lucky, it'll stop long enough in front of a Fortress and I can fit a Wizarding Challenge in during my ride!

As for your second point, this does sound like an issue. The entire yield should be available once complete. Can we start a thread in 'Report a Bug' so I can collect a few user stories to pass along? Let me know if you are interested in starting that up, or I am happy to as well!

edited September 2019 #517 September, 2019, 06:59 pm.

@HPWULOLA no worries!! You have a ton on your plate already. I'll start it up ❤️

Also, I'm glad to know we all play the same way! I loooove trying to catch a fortress battle on my way to places. It's such a fun race against time 😆 but always as a passenger!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #617 September, 2019, 09:09 pm.

Hi Juliejubz, I totally get what you mean regarding the greenhouse question to grow something. I do the same thing on my commute and it takes up valuable time. I get why it’s there, but it would make it easier if you can just click grow without a further question popping up.

#717 September, 2019, 09:17 pm.

@Imaginatio yeah I definitely agree, even without being on a car or vehicle, the greenhouse consumes plenty of time.

It's really hard to bypass the shuffle animation, and even clicking to grow, selecting, getting that question and then actually planting, plus the animation of planting. It's a lot. Overall I think it's cute, but cutting out the question would really be much better anyway! :)

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #817 September, 2019, 09:59 pm.

I have the same view.

For me it would affect the commute on a vehicle the most and hopefully help with planting ingredients in more greenhouses. It may also help when walking around and reduce the times you may have to randomly stop to grow an ingredient. Though I do that for so many other features of the game, that for me it part probably wouldn’t make much of a difference overall.

(Before HPWU, I didn’t really have any games on my phone and I always used to find it weird when I saw Pokemon Go players stopping in certain places and walking strangely etc and then Wizards Unite came out...😂)

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #922 September, 2019, 03:48 am.

I'll second JulieJubz on this. I had planted a Leaping Toadstool on Tuesday morning. Wednesday morning, with two minutes to go before it blossomed, I poured in enough to max out the results. When it finally sprouted, I only got six toadstools. Not a big deal, beyond the lost 25 energy, but still a bit irritating.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    #1022 September, 2019, 08:12 am.

@FireWanderer It takes 50 spell energy to max the yield.

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #1122 September, 2019, 06:59 pm.

WerewolfChaser - Yes, but since I got six I felt the first 25 spell energy were fairly compensated for, whereas the latter 25 were not (hence wasted).

• SmithelpuffSmithelpuff Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1222 September, 2019, 08:45 pm.

I guess for me, while the intent of the game is for walking... there are rare places in our area to do wizarding at all. It's a 1/2 mile walk to a greenhouse, then the only inn is another 1/2 mile away but there are no sidewalks to get there, only the main road which is not safe to walk on. To get to another inn, fortress or greenhouse is a drive because you cannot walk on all of those roads. I'm waiting for the police to be called on me as I pull into various ball fields, landmarks and churches to gather energy and resources in order to drive the 7 miles to a fortress at the park or local ATT store.

#1323 September, 2019, 04:07 pm.

@FireWanderer we actually started a new thread about that bug here: https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/14521#Comment_14521

If you wouldn't mind copying and pasting your comment there, it would be really helpful as we're trying to get everyone's stories about it in one place. :D

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1410 October, 2019, 04:07 pm.

So this is one of those contentious POI that some people would love to get rid of, but I've been thinking about growing in the greenhouses and energy and water, etc.

What about the the possibility of having Master gardener notes in the same way we have master potioneer notes? Perhaps even varying levels to help speed up growing times without the loss of energy? Or a line up of pots to plant in the same manner as our potions?

This wouldn't help the commuters in their quick stops for planting, but it might change interest. If there was the possibility of planting two to three things and knowing that I could run master gardener notes on one of those pots and pick up a partial yield of say snowdrops at the same time as my full yield of ginger, wormwood, whatever. Or run notes that might shorten my mushroom growth by 15% and one that increases yield by 5%.

Obviously I'm spitballing here, but as someone who has spent a lot of time with plants and growing things, this piece isn't very magical to me.