Impossible Spell Books

KillercatladyKillercatlady Posts: 3 ✭✭
in App Feedback #1 latest comment 14 September, 2019, 04:27 am.

I recently commented on a discussion post about spell books, however, I think it needs addressed until it gets fixed. I am currently ranked 26 in the Challenges Registry, yet still only receive 2 books for moving up to the next rank.

There should be an easier way to receive spell books so that I'm not stuck in moving up in my profession. I'm currently in need of 14 spell books to complete a single lesson and it's near impossible to do so.

There are multiple ways to fix this issue

1. Give out more spell books as you move up the rank in Challenges.
  2. Give a few spell books when you move up a level.
  3. Give one spell book for completing 1 or 3 or 5 wizarding challenges.
  4. You should be able to buy spell books if you need to in order to move up in your profession. (The only things you cannot buy in Diagon Alley are spell books, restricted books, and scrolls. I understand not selling restricted books and scrolls, but you should be able to buy spell books with gold if nothing else.)

Either way this needs to change so that people can actually complete a lesson in their profession.

Comments

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 98 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #304 September, 2019, 05:35 pm.

@Acumen It's very true that you get more challenge XP for higher challenge levels, but don't forget that there is significant increase in the number of books needed per lesson as you move down the tree as well as needing more XP per level.

I'm at the point where I need to play roughly 150 challenges at the highest level I can do without potions to get my next lesson and this will only get worse as I progress.

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #404 September, 2019, 05:42 pm.

Fortress Fights => Books => Skills => Fortress Fights => Books =>Skills...

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #808 September, 2019, 04:22 pm.

For obtaining red spell books I found @ZookiTabooki 's topic very helpful. It's a lot of spell books, true, but I'm in no rush either ^^. Link to the topic below.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/2378/red-spell-books#latest

• DrewCassowaryDrewCassowary Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #908 September, 2019, 04:51 pm.

It is NOT impossible to earn 14 Spell Books. It requires hard work and dedication (that's part of the grinding Challenge and reflects the reality of learning a lesson...think of how long it took you to finish a class in school). You are free to apply yourself. But I understand that some people don't have the grit to earn enough Spell Books to fully level up their profession. That's ok. The game designers made it so that those people can still enjoy the overall game: fortressing, brewing, growing herbs, and returning foundables.

edited September 8 #1008 September, 2019, 07:01 pm.

@Digitalis Technically, you can buy pretty much anything else in the game. And if you can buy potions, runestones, energy and storage, it's pretty much the same, apart from the time spent, which gets ridiculous as the levels get higher.

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 17
    #1109 September, 2019, 12:54 pm.

loved and fully support this suggestion

"... give out more spell books as you move up the rank in Challenges."

#1209 September, 2019, 01:13 pm.

@DrewCassowary Our characters are adults with jobs requiring high levels of qualification, they already finished school.

According to the Cambridge dictionary : Grind : a difficult or boring activity that requires a lot of effort.

Indeed, it is boring. Fortresses offer a very limited number of foes to battle, it's always the same thing, with a different skin on. And you can even put in a high-level rune and not get any Family Fragment from it (or something you've already completed), meaning that those 100 Family points you earned to get it were in part lost. I really don't like Fortresses. But they're required for the Daily, and to get some of the Foundables.

At the moment, if the requirements didn't get any higher (which they do) at level 43 I would need 7*880 = 6160 points to get 14 books. And I need far more than just 14 books to finish that course.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited September 9 #1309 September, 2019, 04:18 pm.

Cambridge dictionary : Grind : a difficult or boring activity that requires a lot of effort.

I spend my day today sifting through 5493 minutes of delays and putting them in the right dossiers. And I have six more shifts to go. So, while I don't mind putting the effort in leveling, my boss pays me to grind. If they want me to pay them, they need to scale the rewards. It's a mobile game, not a Korean MMO.

If they want people to stay and be loyal, provide content and involving gameplay. So what if there are a few people who rush to the end? They are in every game. Don't use a grind to slow down people, it backfires in the end.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #1409 September, 2019, 04:49 pm.

@DubiousAffairs Here's a link to a spreadsheet that gives the xp requirement for each profession:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uFCwX-5mRaSMSZ1BOst9ziTg8G-vO29FE5mJhZy_pFk/edit?usp=drivesdk

• Ve225Ve225 Posts: 100 ✭✭
    #1509 September, 2019, 06:14 pm.

Currently I am at 30level auror. And i only completed a couple of the lesson that require soell books. I used my scrolls first though. And then when i got enough spell books i would use them on whichever branch lesson i deemed important

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 17
    #1611 September, 2019, 12:27 am.

I have 574 scrolls and growing but not enough spell books to use them

• DaybatDaybat Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1711 September, 2019, 01:16 am.

There is currently no reward that I'm aware of for completing dailies...perhaps a spell book or two for x number of consecutive completions?

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    #1811 September, 2019, 09:03 am.

@Daybat The reward for completing dailies is Gold.

• DaybatDaybat Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1912 September, 2019, 07:26 am.

Lucoire, Gold can't buy me love...or spell books. 😁

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #2014 September, 2019, 04:27 am.

I am fine with keeping the progression slow, but right now it is too slow!

Few gold achievements like defeat 4000 foes should give 15 spell books rather than just scrolls.

And throughout the month, the dailies give just 3 spell books on one day. That should definitely be increased

And add in a story and like 5 books each community day and players would be much happier and motivated.

Right now it seems to be a losing battle....more so with each passing day.