Questions about the Global event

2»

Comments

• cacoethescrbndicacoethescrbndi Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #3230 August, 2019, 04:50 pm.

@HPWULola I had a couple other questions about this weekend, which maybe you'd be able to clarify?

1. There are two different sets of regions—four dragon regions but three event time regions. Will the regions for which dragon you get on Day of the Dragons still be cut into four? So, for example, during Asia-Pacific's time frame, will Australia (Oceania) and Asia be able to get different dragons from each other, since they're different dragon-regions? Or will it just be three travelling dragons, one for each event time frame? I'd expect it will be the former, but I just want to be sure.
    2. Will Hawaii get the Antipodean Opaleye as its home dragon because it is geographically part of Oceania, or will it get the Peruvian Vipertooth because it is politically part of the Americas? Iirc, Hawaii does Community Day and such with the Americas, but at least in Pokémon GO, they don't share regionals with the continent, so I'd think it'd be based on geography. Do you happen to know the answer?
    3. Will the Dragon Egg fragments still be obtainable after this weekend? From what I understand, the special Portmanteaus will only be available for 48 hours, but will the fragments become obtainable some other way? Like from regular portkeys, Fortress rewards, or even Trace encounters? 48 fragments is a lot to collect in only 48 hours, and that's just the first prestige level ^.^;

Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy WUFF!

• #3330 August, 2019, 08:01 pm.

Hi! Happy to help answer anything I can.

Consider that Day of the Dragons is split into four teams based on regions. If the Community is awarded the Day of Dragons event, each of the four regions will see the Dragon of which they completed the most eggs.

The three event time regions we have listed is to inform players of when the event will be live on their app, it is separate from the actual competition/what players will see. These event times are parallel to what we do for Community Days.

I believe that Hawaii will be grouped with the Americas and Greenland; I will circle back if I hear differently!

As for the Dragon Egg fragments, I do not have an answer for you at the moment! This should all be revealed in the next week.

Thank you! Best of luck collecting those Portmanteaus! :D

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #3430 August, 2019, 09:26 pm.

Is it me or is the dark detector duration reward for the Welsh Green of significantly less value than any of the others.

• cacoethescrbndicacoethescrbndi Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #3530 August, 2019, 09:28 pm.

@HPWULola Thanks so much for the clarifications!

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    #3602 September, 2019, 07:12 pm.

I wonder if the dragon eggs will drop like potion ingredients like it did for the fan fest players. That’d be nice.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭
    #3703 September, 2019, 02:18 am.

@Punkyfins I'm hoping this concept of 'visiting dragons' sticks and makes a return appearance in the future.