Game Update: 2.3.1 Release (Android only)

in Announcements #1 latest comment 29 August, 2019, 09:40 pm.

We released an updated Android version, 2.3.1, to the Google Play and Samsung Galaxy stores. Here's what's changing:

Bug Fixes:

• Resolved an issue where animated stickers, frames, filters, and lenses would cause stability issues with the game.

For all of our players joining us for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Fest in Indianapolis, remember to update to this latest app version so you will be able to experience the event.

Please note that Android Q and other beta operating system versions are NOT supported by Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. We recommend holding off on upgrading to beta versions of your iOS or Android operating system until they are officially released and supported.

Comments

• 29th29th Posts: 2
    #227 August, 2019, 11:36 am.

`.That was fast!

I happened to notice this announcement as I was downloading assets (which I am slowly catching up on after the last update), so I saw this just in time for the file count to go down between updates. Very pleased!

Thanks, team!

• StratoviriusStratovirius Posts: 1
    #327 August, 2019, 04:24 pm.

"We recommend holding off on upgrading to beta versions of your iOS or Android operating system"

because one game is more important than your _entire operating system_?

(Especially when the OS is already supported, it's just that Niantic hasn't modernized the privacy settings in the game. Sigh)

• lilhyperfingerslilhyperfingers Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #427 August, 2019, 05:41 pm.

Thank you!!! Can't wait for the Brilliant Event this week!!

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #527 August, 2019, 05:53 pm.

If anyone is still having issues with lagging and freezing and crashing (it actually got WORSE for me after 2.3.1), restart your phone. You may have to do it a couple times. I restarted mine 3 times and now it seems to be smoothed out quite a bit. It's still a LITTLE jagged on animation and tracing (which sucks) but much better than it was. And I could finally get into my ministry ID photo so I could get rid of the annoying red dot.

It's not completely fixed yet, but it's definitely better than it was. Hopefully, the devs will take another look at it before y'all go to the event.

• KittysRawrKittysRawr Posts: 1
    #627 August, 2019, 07:39 pm.

Its WORSE AFTER THE RELEASE! I can't even open the App anymore! I thought it was supposed to fix the error.. not make it so Android users can not play! I guess its not a priority to let users actually PLAY the game. #ReleaseFAIL #LostFaithInNiantic

• olianarooolianaroo Posts: 6
    #728 August, 2019, 04:57 am.

After this update I'm seeing very few foundables and not seeing any brilliant event ones. They spawned a lot more frequent and in greater numbers before this update. Thank you in advance for fixing this!

• EloraaEloraa Posts: 1
    #829 August, 2019, 09:40 pm.

What is up with the port keys! I get we are on a train but they zoom by so fast I cannot even see them until it's too late. We need to finish portkeys to finish event page.