Account Ban for no valid reason. DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME!

NaughtiUnspkbleNaughtiUnspkble Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited August 26 in App Feedback #1 latest comment 22 September, 2019, 11:27 am.

My best friend (level 33) got a 30 day ban yesterday and he doesn’t cheat! 

We both have been playing Niantics Pokemon Go daily since the beginning, and there have never been issues like this!!!

WORST PART IS, we have already bought tickets to the event in Indianapolis, purchased non-refundable hotel, and arranged for time off work!!$$$$$

He has put a lot of money into this game (about $50 a month minimum)! 

He contacted Niantic to dispute the wrongful accusations. Meanwhile, thinking his phone might be an issue, he started a second account on a spare phone, because even though Saturday tickets are no longer available we were still going to go and play.

FIRST, here is the pre-generated response from Niantic where THEY have no intentions of being fair OR even looking into the issue...

“Hello Wizard,

Thank you for contacting Harry Potter: Wizards Unite support.

We take fairness seriously at Niantic. Accounts that are not playing within our Terms of Service and Player Guidelines will be suspended. Your temporary suspension will be lifted within approximately 30 days. If we find that you continue to violate any of the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Terms of Service and Player Guidelines, your Harry Potter Wizards Unite account will be terminated permanently. For more information, please review the Three Strike Discipline Policy

Regards,”

SECOND, he just received notice of a 7 day account warning on the NEW account using a different phone... so at this point the only thing I can think of is that it is his cell phone provider, which is your sponsor AT&T. However, AT&T customer service has no real clue about game issues.

This is now adding up to a substantial amount of lost money, when he did nothing wrong!

Fix your game, fix his account, and fix your customer service!!!!

Comments

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #226 August, 2019, 10:17 pm.

I don't know the context of the initial ban so I cannot comment on that. However, I will say that creating a second account is against the rules and is considered cheating. I understand why your friend may have done that considering the initial ban but that is directly against the TOS. I would highly recommend your friend delete that second account and simply continue with appeal on the initial ban should s/he feel it appeal worthy. Otherwise, that second account is enough to implement a perma-ban.

• NaughtiUnspkbleNaughtiUnspkble Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #327 August, 2019, 12:17 am.

He did appeal, and all he got was a pre-generated genetic response. Apparently there is no real appeal.

#527 August, 2019, 03:25 am.

❤️ Thank you!!

• scy1234scy1234 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #603 September, 2019, 09:12 am.

@NaughtiUnspkble may I know what was the solution given?

#707 September, 2019, 04:47 pm.

Sorry for the late reply. @HPWUrobert was AWESOME!!! He turned the account on for the day and my friend was able to play during this AMAZING event!!!

While playing at the event, my friend received another GPS notification. He screenshot it and took it back over to the help desk and they made a note on his account.

At the suggestion by niantic, he has been working with his phone provider (AT&T) to resolve the issue. He, and our entire crew, remain terrified of the possibility of him losing his account all together.

I am very thankful for the Niantic crew working with him on this issue!

The event was amazing and so much fun!! We’re looking forward to the next event and planning to attend all future events, so long as we are able!

• scy1234scy1234 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #822 September, 2019, 11:27 am.

Thanks @NaughtiUnspkble , couldn't reply you because account was suspended for 30 days. Apparently 30 days in game is also 30 days ban in forum :(

Anyway, seems it's also affecting the pogo and plenty of other players.

@HPWUrobert , if you would be kind enough to get the anti-cheat system development team to help check it out. Thanks in advanced.