Getting Started in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, a Resource Guide

HPWUcaseyHPWUcasey Posts: 102 admin
in New Players #1 latest comment 16 November, 2019, 04:20 pm.

Welcome to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite! We’ve been working hard to create an exciting and interesting gameplay experience for you and we’re so thrilled to share it with you.

Because many of you may be playing Harry Potter: Wizards Unite for the first time, we wanted to consolidate a number of helpful articles to get you started.

As you explore the Map and encounter Foundables, be sure to share your experience with other witches and wizards in the Community. Good luck out there and happy exploring!

Tagged:

Comments

• Meteorgun7Meteorgun7 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #203 July, 2019, 01:09 am.

Im excited for this!

• ZO0MINGowlZO0MINGowl Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #303 July, 2019, 01:09 am.

Thank you for this. Hope to see great discussions in the future!!!

• PokieNanaPokieNana Posts: 1
    #403 July, 2019, 01:10 am.

So cool 💛

• HalfBloodPrinceHalfBloodPrince Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #503 July, 2019, 01:12 am.

🧙 Thanks for making this

• NiteForceNiteForce Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #603 July, 2019, 01:12 am.

Thanks for the info! This has been a great game so far!

• NickHermonNickHermon Posts: 1
    #703 July, 2019, 01:15 am.

Great idea creating a Community page! I have lots of questions but one in particular is “what are the region exclusive foundables and what are the designated regions?”

• RavenJRavenJ Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #803 July, 2019, 01:15 am.

Hello all from Las Vegas here!!! Excited about this.

• SunnyTheWizardSunnyTheWizard Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #903 July, 2019, 01:17 am.

Great game indeed.

Fortress reward, fight with team members not attractive.

Sonner or later.. will be a solo wizard everywhere without a team.

• drh4kordrh4kor Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #1003 July, 2019, 01:25 am.

Legit site! Thank you! This is better than all other chats!

• ValkiValki Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #1103 July, 2019, 01:27 am.

Omg this is so great. Can’t wait to see how this progresses

• LivenetworkLivenetwork Posts: 2
    #1203 July, 2019, 01:28 am.

forums!

• modtv1337modtv1337 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1303 July, 2019, 02:55 am.

squeeelz. HI ALL!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!

• RaxianRaxian Posts: 2
    #1403 July, 2019, 06:16 am.

You should make a forum for us YouTubers who are focusing on the game :) I know myself, I have been working hard Pre-Game and Current Game as well as others.

• OdaSkillsOdaSkills Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1503 July, 2019, 08:29 am.

Thanks you for this platform, another way for Wizards 🧙‍♂️ and Witches 🧙‍♀️ to Unite! Looking forward to this and what's to come ! 🥳

• ViolettaAuroreViolettaAurore Posts: 1
    #1603 July, 2019, 03:41 pm.

Why is it that our faces can't be seen on our Wizard IDs? I can't see other people's photos as well. Bummer.

• RhaynneRhaynne Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #1703 July, 2019, 06:04 pm.

Thank you for the articles! I have been looking for information to help me, I like to discover things on my own but sometimes I need a little help.

• BowtruckleBatikBowtruckleBatik Posts: 1
    #1807 July, 2019, 05:07 am.

Thank you for the information on Wizarding Challenges. Can you provide additional information on how I can avoid knock outs?

• NightMaMaNightMaMa Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1908 July, 2019, 02:13 am.

I would love to see a section on the settings and what they mean.

Like what is trace-auto align?

• PeacefulCavePeacefulCave Posts: 1
    #2009 July, 2019, 03:15 pm.

Thank you, game is looking very cool.

• SiragazSiragaz Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #2115 July, 2019, 12:23 am.

I can't believe I'm only now finding this post! lol. What a great resource!

🐍

• H4rdC4ndyH4rdC4ndy Posts: 72 ✭✭
    #2216 July, 2019, 04:10 pm.

Trace auto align turns AR off. So it's on an illustration background.i use this because I am too impatient. I get AR is like the whole point of the game but to me it's just exciting to have a Harry Potter world game at all.

• StardustinaStardustina Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2317 July, 2019, 09:57 pm.

I’ve recently turned the AR off prefer it this way, actually.

• LkiijLkiij Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited August 2019 #2411 August, 2019, 06:58 pm.

• WWwandwonderWWwandwonder Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2505 October, 2019, 06:50 pm.

Best mobile game ever!

• BruhndenBruhnden Posts: 4
    #2616 October, 2019, 03:48 am.

2876 0045 3836

• BruhndenBruhnden Posts: 4
    #2716 October, 2019, 03:48 am.

• WylesAwayWylesAway Posts: 1
    #2816 October, 2019, 03:57 am.

6056 8170 6605

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2916 October, 2019, 08:54 am.

Hi guys! Omg you've joined in the best month!! Seriously- the brilliant event that is running & community day coming have the best ever rewards we've had so far! Hope you'll love it like i do, sooo addicted to this game lol.

Just glanced over some qs & remember when i first came in one of the first things I did was turn 'map camera idle' off in settings, it stops the screen from spinning allover as you move about, especially as passenger in a car trying to play. It means you can move the screen to wherever you want to look, and to catch that erumpent horn on the floor you nearly missed! Lol. (Those have been soooo rare)

The auto trace align just means when u are near with the stars ligning up, it just auto slots them for you to make it easier.

The ar I virtually always have turned off, its way easier to engage with the confoundables/foes that way. You might only want to turn it on for a pic to post to twitter etc of an Erkling about to attack a pic of a celebrity for example in the background, just something fun if u are in a location with the perfect set up.

The dragons were part of an event. Each region of the globe- divided into 4 got a specific dragin for their region. On day of dragins we got chance to catch 1 other not from our region, but after that they are a rare oddity- hardly seen but gr8 when u do. Il find & post pics of that below if i have them.

A note on the main things we had trouble with at the start- doxies are usually very rare (except this month so go for every little purple circle you see!) They come out early dawn. Which is a bit more of a congenial time now in northern hemisphere.

Using Baruffio doubles your xp from successful encounters, including in the fortress & some things in portkeys. I never open a portkey without baruffio running.

We also do a 'dusk run' with baruffio on cos horned serpents are 500 (so 1000) xp & they can't depart being oddities so for a few energy its defo worth it.

Hope that helps, for Saturday try & have 6 baruffio brewed to gain even more xp over the 3hrs, and hav ingredients to brew 20!! (With rental cauldron too) This is such a huge boon! Normally 12hrs brewing time- not to be missed!

Have fun!! This game is awesome!!! 😀

#3016 October, 2019, 09:14 am.

Ps- to avoid knockouts in the fortress, the best way of bringing the foe down faster is to use a potion- i usually stick to the weakest exstimulo for formidable & some imposing foes, (basically the ones my profession as auror makes easier)- so dark wizards & death eaters dont need a strong for them. But you may at this point, have a play about see whats best, but read up on the help section of the game about foes & which ones are easier/harder for you.

The wizardsunitehub has a great section explaining all of these. I use strong exstimulo on the dangerous & elite foes- just my personal pref but i always save my potent extimulos for emergency traces on the map that are rare- like McGonagall, Dumbledore & Newt etc...but as you go u will find what you feel is best for you.

The other thing to do is complete your lessons asap- so by catching confoundables you get family points for each one that then builds up to open a chest where u get 4scrolls & a rune to use. The great thing with having wk 2 of the brilliant event to come is that by catching as many of the brilliants- you'll know their purple beam- as you can, you open lots of chests with 5 scrolls in each! So go nuts that week & you can complete lots of lessons!!

Any lessons needing red/brown (people see these as either colour lol) books you get those by fighting in the fortress & gaining fragments for the challenge pages, these then open a chest with 2 books in.

The restricted section green books for your lessons can only be gained in events, so again, you've joined at the perfect time to start stocking up on those for further down your profession tree.

The better your stats through lessons, the quicker your foes go down.

If you have a hex/charm to use against foes do those lessons first. Then up your stamina as much as you can so u can take more hits without needing to use a healing potion to stop you getting knocked out.

Id always have a few healing & the exstimulos ready for battle & keep an eye on your stamina as you fight & how much they are taking off you per blast, to see when/if to use your healing to save precious time & a defeat.

Hope that all makes sense & can help!

#3116 October, 2019, 09:22 am.

@NickHermon @BowtruckleBatik @NightMaMa i hope I've answered your questions & check out wizardsunitehub for a more in depth explanation of things. Plus the guys on here are great at getting back to you pretty quickly if you ask a question, someone will pick it up soon 😊

Happy hunting!!