We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
Snowdrop scarcity — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Snowdrop scarcity

Morgana4Morgana4 Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Potions #1 latest comment 02 July, 2020, 04:17 pm.

I know in one of the recent updates it stated that chances had been increased for finding a few regularly needed potion ingredients, snowdrop being one of them. I did notice an increase at first but now it has gone scarce again, even more so than before the update.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 82 ✭✭
    #220 August, 2019, 03:54 pm.

I'm still finding them. I do make it a point to always pick them up when they show up.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #320 August, 2019, 04:24 pm.

I still see snowdrop daily, though not much of it yesterday or the day before. None yet today, but I usually don't have any spring up around the office. Wandering around helps. This is just personal observation, but I seem to stumble upon lots more potion ingredients and rare foundables when wandering around places I've never been before or haven't visited recently. Also, I hit every greenhouse I come across. Most often, I'll harvest ingredients I don't need, so I'll just throw them away. Occasionally though, I'll get some snowdrop.

• EmMcKEmMcK Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #430 August, 2019, 01:47 am.

I've noticed the same thing. Finding snowdrops less than once a day now, where they were bountiful last week.

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    #530 August, 2019, 02:14 am.

For me it’s Granian hair and unicorn hair that has become scarce. I’ve opened several portkeys the last few days trying to clear them all out before this weekend and not gotten a single unicorn hair. I’ve also only found 2 granian hairs (I think they come in groups of 5) in the wild this week.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #630 August, 2019, 02:18 am.

Noticed it here as well. Basically, exstimulo potion ingredients in general.

• Ve225Ve225 Posts: 100 ✭✭
    #730 August, 2019, 05:09 am.

I just pick them up every time i saw it. And immediately use to brew potion so it doesn't use up my vault space.

And i'm picking the seeds as well. It only need one hours to plant then i can harvest it so when i had time to sit around i plant one and wait for it.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #830 August, 2019, 06:51 am.

I’m not sure if I should say, but I have snowdrop all over the place! I usually end up deleting some of it.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #930 August, 2019, 07:13 pm.

@Dogoutlaw same. think a lot of these are timed with the weather and other things, because for a while there I was running out of snowdrops and didn't see any. But now they're back. So maybe it was because it was rainy/cold before? Who knows.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1030 August, 2019, 07:52 pm.

@JulieJubz I've wondered about weather increasing or decreasing their spawns, but have no evidence either way.

• mi7admi7ad Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #1130 August, 2019, 11:06 pm.

I didn't see any evidence about snowdrop spawns. And I see them more often.

• HypnoTravelerHypnoTraveler Posts: 77 ✭✭
    #1230 August, 2019, 11:51 pm.

I noticed what appears to be a shift in ingredients found (scarcity), though haven’t had any specific shortage for making potions yet. Generally I have found Snowdrops in Greenhouses in the past.

• KJGloomzKJGloomz Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #1301 May, 2020, 10:41 am.

I'm having the same problem especially in lockdown which is really really irritating because I always have to use coin to brew Exstimulo Potions.

• Dirtyjoe619Dirtyjoe619 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #1426 June, 2020, 07:43 pm.

I think the spawn is linked to time of day. Early morning specially but this may be just a random correlation.

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020 #1526 June, 2020, 07:52 pm.

I was surprised when I ran out of snowdrop a few days ago, but made especially sure to look for it and I filled up pretty fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a weather thing. Or could just be RNG combined with me seeking them out especially. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1626 June, 2020, 08:05 pm.

I've never noticed a weather or time of day connection for snowdrop. As far as I can tell it is just random. I wonder if maybe it spawns more in certain biomes than others, because I always see plenty of it in my area unlike those who are struggling to find any.

• Ravenclaw314Ravenclaw314 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1702 July, 2020, 12:43 pm.

I also feel like I am not seeing Exstimulo ingredients as often, particularly Snowdrop over the last few weeks. Even planting it in a greenhouse and throwing all of the increase yield points i can has yielded less than what I had been typically getting. I have been wondering if it could be weather related as it is extremely hot where I am in SW US. I wonder where I can investigate if that is the case?

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    #1802 July, 2020, 04:17 pm.

Hmm, the greenhouse yield should be a fixed amount. Sometimes they “scatter” around the greenhouse a bit and you have to kind of wander to get them all, but it should always be fixed