Need for More Gold Keys

Rhiamon64Rhiamon64 Posts: 6 ✭✭
in Community Forum Feedback #1 latest comment 22 September, 2019, 07:29 pm.

I understand the rarity and value of gold keys is necessary, but I wish there was some way higher level players could acquire another. Maybe there is? I'm only Level 16. But as time goes on, it would be nice to be able to either purchase or be given an extra gold key.

Comments

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 57 ✭✭
    #214 August, 2019, 09:33 pm.

I wish they would make silver keys cheaper or last longer. Over a dollar for one time use doesn't seem valuable. Wonder how sales of silver keys are going.

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #315 August, 2019, 07:48 am.

You would think that having walked 1000 km would unlock a better achievement than just 20 galleons.

They're just making sure that people find themselves paying to play.

• Ve225Ve225 Posts: 100 ✭✭
    #415 August, 2019, 10:12 am.

As far as i can understand from this game, you can only use 1 gold key at any time. But you can use the silver for more than 1 portkeys

• NeighborlyNeighborly Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #626 August, 2019, 05:11 pm.

Always use the gold key for the 2km or 3km Portmanteaus. You get a high turnover that way so you can use the gold key more often. I use the silver keys I win for the 10km or 7km Portmanteaus (more value vs the gold spent that way if I end up buying one as well 🙂 ) .

• DrewCassowaryDrewCassowary Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #708 September, 2019, 05:31 pm.

incredibly eloquent @Lucoire !

• LaRougeRavenLaRougeRaven Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #808 September, 2019, 08:20 pm.

Not sure if you have ever played Pokemon Go, the gold key here is exactly like the main incubator for eggs in that game. You only get one, so if you dont have money to spend, you can still open the portkeys.

The only thing I wish, would be the silver keys have the ability to unlock 3 portkeys, like how in PG you can buy another incubator, and you can hatch 3 eggs, one right after the other. That's the only complaint I have about the keys.

But I like this system, I've been able to do it in PG and WU works the same.

• Rhiamon64Rhiamon64 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #921 September, 2019, 05:00 pm.

@LaRougeRaven Ah I like that suggestion. I never played PG and I understand that they don't want to make it too easy. But I don't have enough money to spend to make buying silver keys practical and I don't seem to get enough of them. So I LOVE your idea of them having 3 uses. Even TWO I would settle for. Now how can we get them to make this happen? XD

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1022 September, 2019, 12:28 pm.

@LaRougeRaven So glad you brought up silver keys. I for one, absolutely agree.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/1016/silver-keys

Lately though, my issue hasn't been silver keys. 10k portmanteaus have pretty much disappeared for me since the July 26 update. As of this writing, I have seen three! I was starting to get annoyed with this awhile back and decided to play a little game. I don't use silver keys for anything other than 10km portmanteaus. Now my silver keys are piling up!

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #1122 September, 2019, 01:09 pm.

Lol @ZookiTabooki I generally end up with a list full of 10km just before Brilliant Events kick off. Because of this I've started keeping one portmanteau active on my gold key, one standing by for the gold key and save my silber keys for Brilliant Event where you always need them but will also unlock more as you progress.

I agree with the sentiment of being able to acquire an additional long lasting key. I'd be excited to see an extra golden key added to the gold Portkeys achievement. Makes sense and would really push people to accomplish that one quickly. Of course all the Achievements need a major boost in my opinion...

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1222 September, 2019, 07:29 pm.

I have five 10k portmanteaus in my inventory right now. I'm hoping to find a sixth, because that's how many silver keys I have at the moment. Hoping for a nice bunch of loot when I open them.