Game Design Issue: Event Items

KhromagKhromag Posts: 3 ✭✭
in App Feedback #1 latest comment 14 August, 2019, 05:50 pm.

Note that event items are given out to players right up to the moment the event officially ends. As things stand right now, the value of those event portkeys and eveng runestones is greatly diminished as of that moment compared to normal items. This is because, once the event ends, the event foundable item portion of the rewards become totally meaningless and are of no value whatsoever to the player.

We should really have some reasonable options regarding these items.

Here are three possible solutions:

A) Allow players to delete/discard the event items(s) and receive some significant compensation for doing so, A base exchange rate of 10 wizard coins for each item that is converted is an appropriate bonus for participating in the event.

A portkey which he had a key applied should be worth more. I.E. 10 coins plus the store cost of a single silver key. If the portkey has been unlocked, there should be an additional bonus applied equal to one coin per kilometer.

Runestones value should be 10 multiplied by the level of the event runestone. I.E. lvl 1 = 10, lvl 2 = 20, lvl 3 = 30, etc.

or

B) The items should be able to be converted into normal versions of those items. This is especially true if we have started unlocking a portkey - as a purchased silver key may have been involved - so changing it to a normal portkey with just as much completion and with the key applied is the only fair way to handle this situation.

or

C) in my thinking, the best alternative for dealing with any remaining event portkeys and runestones is to have the event achievement screens and systems continue to be active for a time, remaining visible and in-place for 3-7 days after the event is 'over' and those items stop spawning or being given out.

This would allow players a limited window of time to gain the benefit from event items they received (portkeys and runestones) because the items could still be used to complete related event tasks and be rewarded for achieving event levels and completing the sticker pages.

Whichever solution is implimented, something needs to be done to resolve this issue.

The way that events end currently - leaving players with depreciated items - seems like such a sloppy and thoughtless game design flaw.

Comments

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #214 August, 2019, 02:33 pm.

Even after the event ends, you can still collect the portkey rewards and add any registry items to the registry pages. Same goes for runestones, you can continue to use the brilliant runestones and collect the registry items.

I do feel that some sort of inventory management regarding portkeys should be added.

A) Absolutely no way are they going to give 10 coins per item. Considering the reward system in this game, you might get 1 coin per 10 items. Not being sarcastic... I'm dead serious.

You are seriously asking for way too much. Many of us would like to see a "sell-back" system or at least a trade system and have an issue with the current cost of bundles, items, etc. in relation to the amount of coins and spell energy in the game, but your expectations of ROI are exceptionally unrealistic.

B) Just walk off the 3km portkey. You still get everything from inside it.

C) That would completely defeat the purpose of the event which is a week long! I can't even really fully participate in this one and I'll be able to nearly complete it (exception, inns and fortresses due to distance from them). Why are you already complaining about finishing the event when there's still 6 days left? Seems a bit premature.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #314 August, 2019, 02:35 pm.

Maybe I’m not understanding, but if for example you have portkeys and runestones left from Potters Calamity part 2, you can still use them to get the daily prophet and ministry id fragments to complete the registry. I opened said portkeys this weekend and still got the ministry id fragment even though the event is over and my registry page is complete, along with some unicorn hairs (yay!). Are you thinking you can’t do that, or do you just not want those items anymore? Personally, I’d take any runestones I can get, regardless of type, so I wouldn’t want to trade them in. They’re all good in my book. I don’t agree event quests/tasks should stay available for longer. The event is 7 days, which is plenty of time, either you complete those tasks or you don’t. Some people can’t complete due to unforeseen circumstances, and that is unfortunate. Not mocking that. But that does happen in life sometimes. The event registries however do stay live and if you get event xp from the runestones and portkeys, you can potentially rank up on that event.

#414 August, 2019, 02:40 pm.

I agree with @Craeft . Looks like we were writing comments at same time and I didn’t see theirs pop up.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #514 August, 2019, 02:42 pm.

I was writing mine too but my network glitched. Regardless, I agree with the previous comments.

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #614 August, 2019, 02:50 pm.

Runestones are fine, as you normally get a book/joke item/etc. when you complete the challenge, plus a good bit of challenge XP. Don't forget the scrolls you gain as you level up the brilliant event also.

10 coins per rune is completely unrealistic even if there were any trade in for them. Don't forget you can buy 10 for only 40 coins.

Portkeys are a different matter, I would like a way to ditch unused ones, reward or not. I'm in the situation currently where I'm full, and need 5 for the current brillant event. At the end of the last event I had three left and no choice but to walk them off.

Incidentally how do you feel about ingredients in general? Given that you need to pick up 20 ooo for the gold achievement, probably 95% of these will be discarded as useless. If it weren't for the achievement, I doubt that I'd bother with collecting, and certainly not with growing in greenhouses.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭
    #714 August, 2019, 05:32 pm.

@Whitehorsematt When an event is announced I walk my longer distance ports. I came into the event walking a 5km and only 2km left in the my inventory.

#814 August, 2019, 05:42 pm.

@WerewolfChaser that’s a great suggestion. I think a lot of people key their smaller ones with their gold key for higher turnover, but then yeah, you may end up with a bunch of 10kms going into an event.

#914 August, 2019, 05:50 pm.

Just gotta bite the bullet and gold key the distance ports. Need to hang onto the 2kms. ;)

#1014 August, 2019, 05:50 pm.