Players looking for Wrackspurts in Back to Hogwarts Portkeys

in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 01 September, 2019, 01:46 pm.

When you unlock a 3km Brilliant Portmanteau, open the Portkey and travel to the Hogwarts Express Portkey environment. If you’re looking for Wrackspurts, just take a look outside your window!

Comments

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #213 August, 2019, 10:07 pm.

Thank you for this. Gives me a link to post to all the threads on the topic. Sincerely appreciated.

edited August 13 #413 August, 2019, 10:12 pm.

@Shailan - I think your thread is the one I got a little snippy in. Sorry about that. I usually don't do that but this topic was coming in with new thread after new thread and I kinda reached my breaking point. Apologies.

Future: Just give the first page a quick scan before posting a new thread. Especially if it's something wonky going on with an event. Chances are, someone already mentioned it so the forums don't get flooded. :)

• ShailanShailan Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #513 August, 2019, 10:17 pm.

No harm done @Craeft :) i know how frustrating that can be. I should have taken the time to search better. Anyway, happy hunting! We should be seeing some werewolves soon!

#613 August, 2019, 10:20 pm.

I am unable to head out for the event so I might save my energy for them lupines. :-D

• #713 August, 2019, 10:41 pm.

@Shailan Exactly! I haven't open up any of the new Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Portkeys and I am soo excited to see the Hogwarts Express!

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    #813 August, 2019, 10:52 pm.

I’ll admit...I didn’t originally see them either. However, I was hot and sweaty from walking and it was really bright outside. I actually love the way they have done this, I just was unprepared for it so I didn't think to look at them flying past. Now that I know they are out there...I love it!

• HypnoTravelerHypnoTraveler Posts: 77 ✭✭
    #914 August, 2019, 03:22 am.

With my son’s eyes and suggestion I did look out the window and caught the wrackspurts...but disliked the effort and time it took. Maybe because of small phone, but it was hard. I kept getting new Portmanteaus and hoping they weren’t 3K. The visual from the train is great but the hit box of those tiny wrackspurts was too small (at least on my IPhone SE). I opened a couple but then avoided them.

• CassasauresrexCassasauresrex Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1014 August, 2019, 07:40 am.

I had the same issues as @HypnoTraveler

I am so close to the window that it feels like my face would be pressed to the glass irl.

I tried doing the Portkey with AR on and off but it didn’t change. And the bar that’s runs horizontally across the window pretty much blocks my view. I can’t really see above or below the bar and I can tell there are wrackspurts hiding behind it but I guess I’m not tapping them in the right spot because most of them don’t get picked up and just end up scrolling right by.

• HypnoTravelerHypnoTraveler Posts: 77 ✭✭
    #1114 August, 2019, 10:12 am.

@Cassasauresrex I had same issue with the bar on the window. Holding my phone in landscape mode and tapping in front of the wrackspurt did help, though still a process. On the forest I would have a hard time tapping the very small ones, so moving....

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    #1214 August, 2019, 12:28 pm.

I am in the street, looking inside what is a tiny window into a box which also has a window, and I need to look out of that window ?

A small cone actually usable out of a whole AR sphere, what is the point ? And the bars on the window don't help either. Now add some slight travel sickness and I really am not a happy bunny at needing 5 of those.

• tpv0rtextpv0rtex Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1314 August, 2019, 02:32 pm.

Use landscape mode. Kneel at the window. Then the bars move out of your field of vision giving you an unobstructed view. Then angle the phone so that you can better see the waxperts approaching.

#1414 August, 2019, 02:37 pm.

You can use landscape view in this game? Even though I have my phone set to auto-rotate, I only ever get portrait.

• tpv0rtextpv0rtex Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 14 #1514 August, 2019, 02:40 pm.

I'm using Android and landscape mode has always worked for me inside Portkeys.

#1614 August, 2019, 02:45 pm.

Oohh... specifically inside the ports themselves. I haven't actually tried because the rest of the game didn't allow landscape so silly me, I thought it would be consistent. hehehe

Thanks.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    #1714 August, 2019, 02:46 pm.

Glad i just searched to see if anyone else had same problem or if it was just me! Lol.

I was soooo excited to see the new surroundings on the teain- but no wrackspurts! I thought oh no must be a glitch!! I even looked out of window a bit thinking maybe they are in landscape outside, but didnt see anything so exited two of them thinking oh no!!

But il go back and have a look now- i must not have been looking out the window properly.

I dont think i lost my portkeys, i hadnt counted but my stack was still full so im hoping i didnt lose them by exiting with no wrackspurts tapped.

Oh dear @Craeft not like u to get annoyed, glad u feeling better now- its cold & wet here so not got the heat u are dealing with. Gonna chat to u guys later about progress on the prep for brilliant event thread? Or il start a new one @Osprey1 will call me on that one i think lol. Yay @Overflow4487 we got new portkey ar! Love it. Hope u guys are all enjoying the event now the portkey explained @Dogoutlaw & @JulieJubz @LeFayeofAlbion @WerewolfChaser @Acumen & others who share gameplay often. Thanks guys for explaining the portkeys etc...😊

#1814 August, 2019, 02:50 pm.

@AuroraKadavra - Not overly hot here. I prefer the heat. But it could get to 100ºF+ and I won't complain as we don't have heat in this house so I'm not looking forward to the Autumn (let alone the Winter).

I haven't had the opportunity to get an event portkey yet. I still need to walk off others but haven't had the ability yet. I'm HOPING I can at least get that done for the event. If not, ah well.

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #1914 August, 2019, 02:52 pm.

And pan the phone from left to right as if you were taking an action photo, it makes the wrackspurt much easier to tap once you see it.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭
    #2014 August, 2019, 02:54 pm.

I’m seriously debating turning my AR on for the portkey. Given all the issues others have had, I’ve always kept it off. But I didn’t know you could go walking around with it on!! If I can load up on brilliants, I might risk it and see what happens. This thread did help in that I knew where to look when I opened one last night. Didn’t try landscape, but basically looked forward and then moved my phone as the wrackspurt went by so essentially it stayed in same spot on my screen and that made it an easier target. I’m excited to open more!

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #2114 August, 2019, 03:26 pm.

Yup @Craeft landscape works for me (android galaxy 8)

• UnsubliminalUnsubliminal Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #2214 August, 2019, 03:59 pm.

How do you turn the AR on for portkeys? I have it on for foundable but the AR doesnt then work for portkeys, what am I missing?

#2314 August, 2019, 04:19 pm.

@Unsubliminal go to your suitcase and then top left you’ll see the gears for settings. Tap there, scroll down to camera settings and you should see an AR toggle.

• UnsubliminalUnsubliminal Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #2414 August, 2019, 05:29 pm.

@dogoutlaw Since the last update those options have disappeared for me. The only one i have now is for saving a picture when saving a video. Its normally below that isnt it but mine aeems to have vanished!

#2514 August, 2019, 05:44 pm.

@Unsubliminal we must have different phones, mine is still there. What phone do you have? Sorry if you already said, I must’ve missed it.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭
    #2614 August, 2019, 06:43 pm.

I got super lucky with this! I came to check the forum and saw you guys talking about the window, so I was able to use all of my 3km portkeys properly, haha! And then someone in my game group said he wasn't finding anything and I was like "nooooooo, look out the windowwwww" XD

I adore the train setting!! It's so darn cute. I already opened up 4 of them and I only need one more (hopefully) to finish the event. But after I get that, I'm going to turn AR back on to try and explore the train cabin a bit. Last time I had the AR onfor portkeys, it glitched and I lost the portkey... so I'm hoping if it happens again, at least it won't be too bad because I'll already have what I needed :3

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    #2714 August, 2019, 07:06 pm.

@Unsubliminal is there an AR+ option in your settings? It’s still there for me even after the update. Just make sure you don’t walk out of the blue square. And maybe just use it for Hogwarts express portkeys?

When I first opened one I got so frustrated because there wasn’t a single one hiding under the seats or the luggage rack. And then I thought they wouldn’t put it out of the window, would they? So I sat back to relax and watch the view passing by and that’s when I spotted them. Although they do by pretty fast and it’s like a game to catch them unlike the wrackspurts from other portkeys.

And oh! The werewolves are out to play!! I got three (despite everything being a rare spawn in my area) and it counts towards the high foundables in the Brilliant event! So yah! I’m almost done!

• #2814 August, 2019, 11:38 pm.

One thing to note is that for players who opened their Brilliant Portkeys before reading this tip, you will still have the Portkey available if you did not click on any Wrackspurts before exiting it!

I just opened up a couple Brilliant Portmanteaus and I am excited to step inside! Personally, I like to save up a 3+ open Portkeys and use a Baruffio's Brain Elixir to maximize my XP gain!

• KaleanneKaleanne Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2915 August, 2019, 02:03 am.

I am having so much trouble...I am totally discouraged. I look out the window, see the spurts and tap on them and they keep going. Even in the scenes where they don't move I have to tap them 2 or 3 times to get them to "take". This makes the cool train scene impossible for me to do. There's no way I can conquer five of those. I tried the landscape suggestion also.

• MNTwinMomMNTwinMom Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #3015 August, 2019, 04:54 am.

I figured out the window right away. My problem is that I can't "catch" them. My taps don't work for 99% of the wrackspurts that go by. It takes over 20 minutes to collect 5. It is beyond frustrating. Makes me want to scream and my 9 year old actually cry from frustration. Grr.

• MadAlyiceMadAlyice Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3115 August, 2019, 05:10 am.

So glad I saw this thread before opening my portkeys! Thanks!!