Formidable pixies and how to (consistently) find them

2»

Comments

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    #3218 September, 2019, 06:39 pm.

@Imaginatio The dusk/night thing for pixies are for oddity encounters. In fortress battles, I’ve come up against pixies during various times of the day.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3318 September, 2019, 07:16 pm.

Right... I'm speaking as a professor, so of course I get a lot of pixes, but the dusk/dawn thing is definitely for spawning on the map. They come in the fortress at all times. Just as I get the werewolves at all times of the month, not just at full moon like it is for map spawning. Unfortunately, I don't have concrete evidence to report how/when I got through this task. Most of mine came from Ruins IV, but runestones and other stats, I just don't have. I did take a pic of one a month or two ago, so I'll do my best to report that one, and then I found one recently that I should be able to report as well. I don't particularly like keeping stats, but I'll try my best to keep track when I come across these pesky pixies if it will help others!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3418 September, 2019, 09:56 pm.

Probably is the case. I haven’t done enough battles in the day or collected any stats to say for sure. I’ve just come across someone saying that for the fortress battles, so I thought it might help to get some concrete stats on it. Plus I’m a Magizoologist, so I don’t come across pixies often in general, which did make the task last a lot longer than I would have wanted.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3524 September, 2019, 07:49 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion I just input a few more entries into your form.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3602 October, 2019, 05:37 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion ive only submitted up to ruins 3 at min. Will do ruins 4 and onwards when i get back 😊

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    #3810 February, 2020, 10:07 pm.

Bump

The form for submitting data is nice, but do you have the results to share with us now?

All I could find was the "submit data" link, not any "here's the compiled data".

edited February 2020 #3911 February, 2020, 11:42 am.

@Keybounce oh! Sorry! I thought no one was interested anymore. I posted the link somewhere but I forgot where! I’ll post it as soon as I get on my laptop. If you are still working through the task, it would be great if you input your data into it as well, as pretty much most entries have been by those who have completed the task.

#4011 February, 2020, 12:41 pm.

@Keybounce this is the raw excel file of the data. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EBcquN7upagjPL8oiW-cUVDzuuGwzHe-Eu7y8GKK4-k/edit?usp=sharing I gave up since people didn't seem to be interested in it. (If anyone wants to help arrange the data and pretty it up and what not, you are welcome to. )

The more visual representation can be found here - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfUiLC6niZ9FMnZG4b4kVwAQRJRuZ6_ZRdcIQACbXV0TyQgjQ/viewanalytics

But since, as I said, pretty much most people who filled out the form have completed the task and formidable pixies tend to crop up everywhere once you've completed the task, the result is rather even.

My advice would be to go to the highest chamber recommended for your professional level, switch between that and the one after that, you're highly likely to find them there.

edited February 2020 #4123 February, 2020, 06:13 am.

So I have now completed this.

First: An Elite Formidable Pixie is NOT A FORMIDABLE PIXIE.

Augh. Y? Please, Y?

Second: Number ten went down with a single critical cast. That was so satisfying. I don't care that I spent 3 focus on him, he's GONE.

#4223 February, 2020, 06:54 pm.

@Keybounce haha! Congrats. Now you watch, formidable pixies will be everywhere. And no, an elite formidable does not count as a formidable.

#4324 February, 2020, 11:16 pm.

Funny. My next three chamber 4 runs all featured one formidable pixie.

... One book needed to prestige books 3, books 1 and 2 already reset.

• RachH25RachH25 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #4411 February, 2021, 07:58 am.

Hi everyone! I know this is an older thread, but I was really late to start playing this game and then also was stuck in SOS tasks for months because of a bug in the game (mystery items weren't dropping for me) so I just got this task yesterday evening & completed it a few minutes ago, less than 24 hours. This and other threads on the forum helped me a lot so I wanted to share my two cents on what worked for me for those who may be searching later - I know a lot of people were stuck on those mystery item tasks.

I'm an auror and recently finished the last auror lesson and, just by chance, started working on the professor skill tree. I stopped earlier this week though and decided to save my existing resources after receiving the announcement that new lessons are coming for the Adversaries portion of the game. Anyways, I first started just battling in some of the mid level fortresses and figured the pixies would show up. After a while of seeing zero formidable pixies, I decided to do a little research. I don't spend much time on the forums, but I figure it's the biggest benefit of being so late to the game. After reading different advice, I decided to focus on chamber 4 (Ruins 4). I was playing for a while as a professor - I'm pretty low level and also didn't want to waste energy. And I have a good amount of level 1 runestones saved up that I didn't mind burning through, because I feel like it's a waste to use them (in terms of gaining challenge XP which is usually my main goal when doing challenges). So I was going in and just getting all the enemies to populate and then leaving. I went through about 15 level 1 runestones with zero formidable pixies found. I then tried this in different chambers and with different runestones - no luck.

I honestly don't remember what prompted me to do it, but I switched back to auror and went back to chamber 4. This time I waited for a professor to join. Sometimes took a while of waiting, but after having a couple of successful runs I decided it was worth it since it was by far the most effective method in my experience. I mostly used level 2 runestones but if the professor was using a level 1 would bump mine up to level 3 to balance it out. No scientific data to back it up (sorry I'm a pretty casual player), but I felt like when we battled with just 2 of us and both had level 1 or 2 runestones, I only saw common pixies.

I also did a number of battles with bigger teams including other professions but I found (again, not scientifically) that I had by far the most luck with only myself and 1 professor. I did also get lucky once and had three professors join and I believe I got 2 formidable pixies that round, but I also got 2 in a single round several times with just 1 professor so it didn't seem to make a difference. Of course, the more people on your team, the harder it is to grab the form. pixies when they show up (assuming you're on the Knight bus and not playing with people who know what you're going for), so that is something to keep in mind. I didn't want to be an asshole and just sit in the lobby hoping for the right enemies to show up, but luckily since the enemies are all a quick fight at that level, it worked out most of the time. If you do know a professor who's willing to help you out, that would be ideal.

Hope this helps save some frustration for those who may be even later to the game than me lol. Good luck to anyone on this task!

• GahhhhhhGahhhhhh Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #4501 May, 2021, 11:40 am.

After eons of hunting in Chambers 4 & 5, just found my 10th Formidable Pixie - in Chamber 2. Go figure.

- Gahhhhhh